What's Your Relationship With Management?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have ZERO use or respect for my Management team and treat them accordingly. I 'm very difficult to deal with, I never use my cell phone,ever and I enjoy telling them I dont give a damn about some piddily dont-mean-nothing ,Flavor of the week report that my name is on. I refuse to speak with them unless I am on the clock and a Steward is present. I have been with the company longer than my idiot Onroad has been alive and I love and never tire of pointing that out. My Onroad is tasked with getting the numbers the center manager demands of them,but the ONLY numbers I care about are those on my paycheck.
Having said that I also enjoy pointing out to them that while i may be an A-hole I never call out,My uniform is always perfect,and that I never ever have late air,service failures ,missed DFU or Customer Concerns.

Overpaid Union Thug

How do you guys get along with management in your center? I have seen everything from the runners that walk around with a hint of supervisor nutsack on their breath to veterans that refuse to even converse with management without a shop steward present. One guy even rejects all UPS related calls and kindly instructs them to direct all communication through the DIAD. I personally have no use for management. I have seen the underhanded things they have done to guys and I avoid them. I walk in, fill my cooler, grab my DIAD/call tags and head to my car. Limit communication as much a possible.
In my center the safety committee usually consists of the members that have the best relationships with management. LOL

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I have ZERO use or respect for my Management team and treat them accordingly. I 'm very difficult to deal with, I never use my cell phone,ever and I enjoy telling them I dont give a damn about some piddily dont-mean-nothing ,Flavor of the week report that my name is on. I refuse to speak with them unless I am on the clock and a Steward is present. I have been with the company longer than my idiot Onroad has been alive and I love and never tire of pointing that out. My Onroad is tasked with getting the numbers the center manager demands of them,but the ONLY numbers I care about are those on my paycheck.
Having said that I also enjoy pointing out to them that while i may be an A-hole I never call out,My uniform is always perfect,and that I never ever have late air,service failures ,missed DFU or Customer Concerns.
AMEN UNION BROTHER
🧔✊

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Does he wear a name tag?

Make him. They really, really hate this one. Typically, it’s reserved for when they go on a shoe’s shined, uniform regulation tear.
Just remember, National Contract, Article 20, Section 5. Examination and Identification Fees.

Black and white.
Remind all the other management that the reason for their name tag is because of the Jackass management's behavior. Turn them against each other like they attempt to do us.

SandSpida

My supes love me. I run every delivery, skip my lunch, volunteer for extra work including Saturdays, never miss a day of work including the birth of my children, never use the G word (Grievanice), and they let me wash there cars and do there laundry on Sundays. I’m lucky to have such caring, family first oriented minds in charge of a such a well oiled machine.

542thruNthru

My supes love me. I run every delivery, skip my lunch, volunteer for extra work including Saturdays, never miss a day of work including the birth of my children, never use the G word (Grievanice), and they let me wash there cars and do there laundry on Sundays. I’m lucky to have such caring, family first oriented minds in charge of a such a well oiled machine.
@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U did you start another account?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I have nothing but praise for my Feeder management team. I don't even know who the current Division manager is because I have not had to elevate a problem to that level in so long. They follow the Contract and Work Rules in all areas that are under their control, which is something that never happened in Package. Our disagreements are usually interpretation issues and without malice. It's like working for a different company and if the whole company ran this way we would absolutely destroy every competitor. I could write a book on management abuse during my time in Package, in Feeders I would have trouble writing a pamphlet. Other than subcontracting I've processed less than a dozen grievances for 300 drivers this year.

quad decade guy

I have nothing but praise for my Feeder management team. I don't even know who the current Division manager is because I have not had to elevate a problem to that level in so long. They follow the Contract and Work Rules in all areas that are under their control, which is something that never happened in Package. Our disagreements are usually interpretation issues and without malice. It's like working for a different company and if the whole company ran this way we would absolutely destroy every competitor. I could write a book on management abuse during my time in Package, in Feeders I would have trouble writing a pamphlet. Other than subcontracting I've processed less than a dozen grievances for 300 drivers this year.
I've seen our Division Mgr....in his office. Never in the building unless he's going home. Two Feeder Mgr.s have offices and stay hunkered down. I know we have multi ORS's. Not sure what they do. Dispatch seems to run everything. I see a lot of paper being dropped but don't know what it's about. Hear of folks getting fired here and there, mostly low time newbies. I have a 1 stop 12 hour run. Punch in punch out. Short of having an accident and being fired for peeing on road(yes it's happen to some folks not me)(Yes they didn't punch out), it's tough to have any problems. We have a bigger building(new) in our District and the stories are legend about how awful it is to work there. How abusive and petty mgt. is.

Hard to believe a dozen grievances. Really hard to believe. With all respect.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I've seen our Division Mgr....in his office. Never in the building unless he's going home. Two Feeder Mgr.s have offices and stay hunkered down. I know we have multi ORS's. Not sure what they do. Dispatch seems to run everything. I see a lot of paper being dropped but don't know what it's about. Hear of folks getting fired here and there, mostly low time newbies. I have a 1 stop 12 hour run. Punch in punch out. Short of having an accident and being fired for peeing on road(yes it's happen to some folks not me)(Yes they didn't punch out), it's tough to have any problems. We have a bigger building(new) in our District and the stories are legend about how awful it is to work there. How abusive and petty mgt. is.

Hard to believe a dozen grievances. Really hard to believe. With all respect.
I probably had less. We have 9 Stewards and no one is having to process a lot of grievances other than subcontracting that I'm aware of. We've had two terminations, I had a split domicile issue resolved w/o going to paper, an issue with interpretation over self DQ'ing and when you could try again, some per diem pay issues and some sleeper pay issues when legs were dropped. One guy wanted 6th day pay for working Friday when they were getting 7th day pay for Sunday. No harassment grievances, no supervisor's working this year that I know of. Haven't had an attendance push beyond IVIS or text messages. Drivers were resisting wearing safety vests, masks, and hiding tractor keys but I haven't heard of anyone getting a WL. We had our share of minor accidents but they were Driver friend'ups like taking out our carwash with a raised trailer. We're pretty pro-active here about addressing issues. I've gone so far as to buy a phone and plan for a Driver out on FMLA and struggling so not calling in like he's supposed to and we have a program where I talk to new Drivers on their first day of training to get them on-board and up to speed that seems to have helped. Management and On-Roads treat us like professionals and we do not have 'rubber stamp' discipline. It's more collaborative than confrontational and frankly that's refreshing. What's funny is I filed a grievance on my manager 25 years ago when he was a PT sup working and I was a package driver. I enshrined his smartass response there and trot it out every so often for fun. I'm sure we're the exception but I can always go back to being a colossal PITA anytime the Company wants it that way, I lost my fear of being fired decades ago and we're very organized. I wrote "Acting Collectively" and I stand by every word.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Welcome back Dave.

Joe brown

Until they Saturday they give you 24 red NDA’S and zero help there goes your perfect record

Joe brown

:censored2: rolls downhill, it’s never on the company. They can spin any situation to to the most beneficial way they want it to look for them

Joe brown

* rolls downhill, it’s never on the company. They can spin any situation to to the most beneficial way they want it to look for them
This company sends out impossible 8 hour routes all the time, Put new drivers on routes impossible to make “ scratch”. Miss-classify employees from inside that have been driving FT over a year. They get away with so much @ local 42

Seymour Packages

* rolls downhill, it’s never on the company. They can spin any situation to to the most beneficial way they want it to look for them
Keep believing that lie. Document everything. That way when they mess with you you can hit them with the old trusty:

Attachments

• 2ww7dt.png
    2ww7dt.png
    725.4 KB · Views: 98

Joe brown

Ever hear of being terminated for something stupid like failure to follow supervisory instruction by not going to a pcm when the real reason was you were being difficult by using designated walk paths on purpose, refusing to answer personal cell, taking breaks and lunches. All things a guy never did while trying to make his 30 days then when he got seniority he said :censored2: doing those things and his numbers slowed down and they went after him for it

542thruNthru

Ever hear of being terminated for something stupid like failure to follow supervisory instruction by not going to a pcm when the real reason was you were being difficult by using designated walk paths on purpose, refusing to answer personal cell, taking breaks and lunches. All things a guy never did while trying to make his 30 days then when he got seniority he said * doing those things and his numbers slowed down and they went after him for it
No, I've never seen anyone lose their job for that.

Seymour Packages

Ever hear of being terminated for something stupid like failure to follow supervisory instruction by not going to a pcm when the real reason was you were being difficult by using designated walk paths on purpose, refusing to answer personal cell, taking breaks and lunches. All things a guy never did while trying to make his 30 days then when he got seniority he said * doing those things and his numbers slowed down and they went after him for it
Management are like hyenas. They prey on the old, the slow, and those outside of the pack. Stand up for yourself once or twice and watch them back away and retreat to the shadows like the scum they are.