When did you realize management was the enemy?

Is management the enemy?

• Total voters

MaceFremonti

I began to think of them as the enemy back in '95 when I put in an optional for the day of my wedding rehearsal. They asked me if I could make the rehearsal if I was only dispatched with an 8 hour day, I said, "Yes." and came in...

. Since they knew I had to be off at a certain time they LOADED me up. I did not make my wedding rehearsal or rehearsal dinner and punched out close to 9 p.m.

My opinion of management solidified when a few years later, I was asked to come in on my vacation week and run a really cake downtown route.

I said, "Sure, as long as I dont have to help anyone all week."

"No problem, thanks."

First day of that week they want me to go help someone when I'm done. I tell them that's not the agreement we have and that I'm coming in when I done. They say if I do that it will be considered failure to follow instructions and I will be terminated on the spot.....

I go help the guy but then I dont show the rest of the week. They leave me multiple messages, where are you, thought you were helping us this week, etc

*uck those *ssholes. I came in the following Monday and no one said a word.

They have been my mortal enemy ever since.

542thruNthru

I began to think of them as the enemy back in '95 when I put in an optional for the day of my wedding rehearsal. They asked me if I could make the rehearsal if I was only dispatched with an 8 hour day, I said, "Yes." and came in...

. Since they knew I had to be off at a certain time they LOADED me up. I did not make my wedding rehearsal or rehearsal dinner and punched out close to 9 p.m.

My opinion of management solidified when a few years later, I was asked to come in on my vacation week and run a really cake downtown route.

I said, "Sure, as long as I dont have to help anyone all week."

"No problem, thanks."

First day of that week they want me to go help someone when I'm done. I tell them that's not the agreement we have and that I'm coming in when I done. They say if I do that it will be considered failure to follow instructions and I will be terminated on the spot.....

I go help the guy but then I dont show the rest of the week. They leave me multiple messages, where are you, thought you were helping us this week, etc

*uck those *ssholes. I came in the following Monday and no one said a word.

They have been my mortal enemy ever since.

Why would you do them a favor and help them on your vacation after they screwed you on your rehearsal dinner.

I'd have told them "sure I'll be there ASAP" and then never showed up. When they said something on Monday after my vacation I'd have said "I didn't lie. I got here as soon as I could."

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Don't keep us in suspense... which one was it!! :)

There's only one in this non city, town, only a Census Designated Place (Post Office) area I work in. My crimes on question were when I was working in the neighboring town, took break at end of day, drove to MY Wendy's which is actually closer to and on the way to the hub. Gotta be stealing time or going out of area! Or when heading back in, bubble guts hit me, I exit expressway to the Wendy's at the exit. Technically area served by the other center in our hub, still made time. But that's their go to. Really, you gonna bring me in about Wendy's?! Or if you're doing this other route in this CDP, I'm instructing you not to go to Wendy's. Petty AF. But these checks though!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
even though retired they are still the enemy. our regular PD was in neighborhood with a supe on a ride along and when he saw me got out and said hi and was walking over.

I got out of the chair and started walking into the house and said "sorry Larry , my mother is calling me in."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

even though retired they are still the enemy. our regular PD was in neighborhood with a supe on a ride along and when he saw me got out and said hi and was walking over.

I got out of the chair and started walking into the house and said "sorry Larry , my mother is calling me in."

A respectable person would have walked over, shook the sup's hand, exchanged a few banal civilities and then gone in to the house.

MaceFremonti

Then there was the time my town house burned down and they threatened me with a warning letter if I did not come into work the next day.

*uck those *ssholes, I took a week and a half to get everything sorted out before I came back.

35years

Gravy route
A respectable person would have walked over, shook the sup's hand, exchanged a few banal civilities and then gone in to the house.
A respectable person would apologize to Scratch, Rod and many others after coming back to the forum (and UPS) after ridiculing retired and long term employees for staying too long on the forum and at UPS.

I don't blame you for returning to the forum (again you quit the forum twice or was it 3 times?).

But you owe a huge apology to those who you ridiculed for something you now have done yourself. You ridiculed others for staying at UPS too long. You ridiculed others for posting on Brown Cafe when retired. You ridiculed others for having to work into old age because they didn't save enough (when in reality you only saved less than $300K) etc. etc.

I hope your brief retirement has taught you to admit when you are wrong.

If you are going to tell others how to be respectable, look in the mirror.