When did you realize management was the enemy?

Is management the enemy?

• Total voters

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
When do preloaders get suspended? Who's gonna replace em?
Only suspension I've ever seen personally was for attendance.
I'm pro union, but if you show up late two, three times a week for a couple months, you need to not be working here.

They don't replace them. Just get an unloader to stack the trucks out until the drivers show up. ;)

PTPeanuts

How does that saying go... Hell hath no fury like a preloader suspended?

Not sure why you keep bringing up the suspended thing like you're rubbing my face in it or something, I honestly couldn't care less.
I'm here for at maximum 6 more months to collect tuition assistance again and then I'm gone and never looking back and I hope Amazon buries this place.

You seem really concerned about who is and isn't getting fired maybe you should consider going into management.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Not sure why you keep bringing up the suspended thing like you're rubbing my face in it or something, I honestly couldn't care less.
I'm here for at maximum 6 more months to collect tuition assistance again and then I'm gone and never looking back and I hope Amazon buries this place.

You seem really concerned about who is and isn't getting fired maybe you should consider going into management.

I had sympathy till you decided the answer to being disciplined was to screw your union brothers over.

At that point I decided you would make a good scab. And sometimes you just gotta pick at one.

I'll ask my supervisor if they want me to join them as a new supe. Our last interaction was me helping someone file on him for doing bargaining unit work though, so he might still be ignoring me.

Package Stick

"Send it."

Amazon is going to get broken up by antitrust.

And I'm going to be driving a Tesla semi in 2030 making more money than you.

Days

Then there was the time my town house burned down and they threatened me with a warning letter if I did not come into work the next day.

*uck those *ssholes, I took a week and a half to get everything sorted out before I came back.

Your house being burnt down isn’t an excuse to miss work!!

rod

Retired 22 years
A respectable person would apologize to Scratch, Rod and many others after coming back to the forum (and UPS) after ridiculing retired and long term employees for staying too long on the forum and at UPS.

I don't blame you for returning to the forum (again you quit the forum twice or was it 3 times?).

But you owe a huge apology to those who you ridiculed for something you now have done yourself. You ridiculed others for staying at UPS too long. You ridiculed others for posting on Brown Cafe when retired. You ridiculed others for having to work into old age because they didn't save enough (when in reality you only saved less than $300K) etc. etc.

I hope your brief retirement has taught you to admit when you are wrong.

If you are going to tell others how to be respectable, look in the mirror.
A very well written post. The only thing I kind of disagree with is the part about @UpstateNYUPSer apologizing to me. I wouldn't accept it if he did. He has been a Dick wadd since day one and his reappearing again after all his ranting about "moving on" just proves my point. I imagine he got lonely again after his family got tired of him messing up their lives after he retired so he came back thinking he actually had friends here.

PT Car Washer

A very well written post. The only thing I kind of disagree with is the part about @UpstateNYUPSer apologizing to me. I wouldn't accept it if he did. He has been a Dick wadd since day one and his reappearing again after all his ranting about "moving on" just proves my point. I imagine he got lonely again after his family got tired of him messing up their lives after he retired so he came back thinking he actually had friends here.
That movie Grumpy Old Men? Was that about you two?

542thruNthru

Was that movie Dumb and Dumber written about you. You're the one whos worked for UPS for over 40 years.

Whoa! You are sounding a lot like upstate there. I think @PT Car Washer might have hit the nail on the head.

Rod and Dave
giphy-15.gif

PTPeanuts

Wasn't any apology. Just letting you know that it will happen.
I hope you feel agony and tears knowing that your precious helpless union brothers will have misloads.
Think of their pain knowing that there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop me.

dysphunktion

A decent sup
Damn guys, I'm sorry the vast majority of you have had such :censored2:astical experiences with management.
Hell, I'm facing a very long and angry call in the AM because I refuse to give my PVD more hours than my newest FT'er.
I told the PVDs that due to low volume at the moment, I can't guarantee them an 8 hour day like they were promised. So I get my drivers over 8 and whatever is left is for the PVD's, at pay actual.
I love my drivers and will always go to bat for them. I've had plenty of chances to play dumb and throw the blame their way but that is some cowardly :censored2: and has no place in our center.

I feel for ya guys, I really do. :\