When did you realize management was the enemy?

Is management the enemy?

• Total voters

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I won’t be lectured to by a management whore. You sold yourself, congratulations. Just because you realized how to make more money in a disgusting manner and were of such low moral fortitude to do so doesn’t make you my better, you’re not even my equal.

There are probably meth heads on Craigslist that have a higher rock bottom than your sorry ass.
Here is something that will make you hate me more ... I realize that you sold your soul when you took a job at UPS. :raspberry::raspberry-tounge:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Er, me?

Please forgive me but I can't really detect if this is a legit reply or maybe it's levels of sarcasm are just beyond my ability?
(Seriously though, no idea if you're being serious, lol)
I went into management back in 1979 when I was 24.
Getting into management at that time was a great move if you were smart, hard-worker and a self-starter.
It was a time of expansion and growth and I made out well.

I would question making that move now.

dysphunktion

A decent sup
I kick his dumbbutt in Current Events and really, he just hates everyone.
He has a bad problem with self-confidence and blames others for his problems!

Based on his post history...I can get behind that.
I get that this place is somewhere safe for UPS employees (mainly drivers, of course) to vent. It's a good idea. But damn, the levels of angst and disdain towards management is legendary.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I get that this place is somewhere safe for UPS employees (mainly drivers, of course) to vent. It's a good idea. But damn, the levels of angst and disdain towards management is legendary.
I don't take them seriously so it's just fun for me.
I've been retired for almost 7 years now btw.

dysphunktion

A decent sup
I went into management back in 1979 when I was 24.
Getting into management at that time was a great move if you were smart, hard-worker and a self-starter.
It was a time of expansion and growth and I made out well.

I would question making that move now.
Really? Going into management 30 years ago is not the same thing today. Company has changed too much for his remark to mean what he wanted it to.
But as long as he toes the Union line and turns everything into an us vs them, that's all he needs.

rod

Retired 22 years
During my 30 year run I had the joy of seeing 2 management types (a center manager and a DM) who had both screamed into my face on 2 different occasions that "they were going to have my job" later walked out over changing time cards and juggling numbers. I know for a fact that the center manager was gone for good (he was also a lush) and rumor had it the DM was 'asked" to retire. I'm sure in hind sight they really did wish they had my job:-)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I kick his dumbbutt in Current Events and really, he just hates everyone.
He has a bad problem with self-confidence and blames others for his problems!
We really don't hate one another ... we are just yakking back and forth.
Or I could say ...
It's a man thing ... @Wrong wouldn't understand! :wink-very:

dysphunktion

A decent sup
I eliminated that us vs them mentality the drivers had once I took over the centers. It took a long time and being a man of my word.
Some mutual respect goes a long way, either way. You know you can count on me to give you a lighter route so you can get to your kids game.
And I know when I tell you I need you to do...X, it's done.

Sadly I'm in the minority.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I eliminated that us vs them mentality the drivers had once I took over the centers. It took a long time and being a man of my word.
Some mutual respect goes a long way, either way. You know you can count on me to give you a lighter route so you can get to your kids game.

How long have you been in this position? It doesn’t matter what you do, it matters what the maroon before you and the idiot after you do. No one here falls for these tricks, oh I’ll take care of you if you scratch my back. No chance.

Drink Craft Beer

At UPS?? HAHA good one!

I've learned the hard way over the years that showing respect to Supes and center manager absolutely gets you ****ing nowhere. The worst line of thinking you can have is "if I respect them then they'll respect me back"

All they care about is their numbers and most will do or say whatever the hell it takes to hit those numbers.

dysphunktion

A decent sup
How long have you been in this position? It doesn’t matter what you do, it matters what the maroon before you and the idiot after you do. No one here falls for these tricks, oh I’ll take care of you if you scratch my back. No chance.
So, hired off the street as a PDS before there was an actual PDS/Orion. Small center. Years ago. Worked my way up.
I don't trick my drivers. I don't :censored2: them over when upstairs sends down the orders. It's rare that I can't honor a drivers request. I only ask that they give me enough advance notice to make sure I can get it done for them.
And when I can't, they understand and don't take it personal. Not all of us are some lazy, lying corp drone.
I didn't just walk in and everyone loved me and we sang songs and had circle jerks. They ran me over my first year. To the point that we had discussions inside the trailer after sort. But in the end, I kept my word and they theirs.
:censored2:, just this morning the local steward called me to thank me for handling a situation at his center. He's one of the few stewards I've come across that don't walk around like their tripping all over their huge dick. I let him know that
there is some :censored2:ery afoot with a recent PT to FT driver being coded an 05/actual whereas I want him at 06. Anyway, not sure why I am trying to prove anything to you grouchy lifers! :P

dysphunktion

A decent sup
At UPS?? HAHA good one!

I've learned the hard way over the years that showing respect to Supes and center manager absolutely gets you ****ing nowhere. The worst line of thinking you can have is "if I respect them then they'll respect me back"

All they care about is their numbers and most will do or say whatever the hell it takes to hit those numbers.

The numbers are everything. They represent bonuses for the higher ups. And they need that new BMW, do you understand? :censored2: the logistics and reality of it, just give us the numbers. And most management bow to the almighty by being a bunch of lying, arrogant :censored2:s. Sucks that that seems to be the norm for everyone. You guys deserve more respect...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So, hired off the street as a PDS before there was an actual PDS/Orion. Small center. Years ago. Worked my way up.
I don't trick my drivers. I don't :censored2: them over when upstairs sends down the orders. It's rare that I can't honor a drivers request. I only ask that they give me enough advance notice to make sure I can get it done for them.
And when I can't, they understand and don't take it personal. Not all of us are some lazy, lying corp drone.
I didn't just walk in and everyone loved me and we sang songs and had circle jerks. They ran me over my first year. To the point that we had discussions inside the trailer after sort. But in the end, I kept my word and they theirs.
:censored2:, just this morning the local steward called me to thank me for handling a situation at his center. He's one of the few stewards I've come across that don't walk around like their tripping all over their huge dick. I let him know that
there is some :censored2:ery afoot with a recent PT to FT driver being coded an 05/actual whereas I want him at 06. Anyway, not sure why I am trying to prove anything to you grouchy lifers! :P
Off the street PDS? Mmmmmmmmkaaayyyyyy.