When do I get top driver salary?

Zbo

I’m currently first on seniority on my local sort shift as a package handler. But want to transfer to become driver next summer. If I become driver will I then make driver top salary or will I still be at my package handler top salary?

upschuck

I’m currently first on seniority on my local sort shift as a package handler. But want to transfer to become driver next summer. If I become driver will I then make driver top salary or will I still be at my package handler top salary?
If it is higher than starting driver pay, you stay at that rate until progression surpasses it.

542thruNthru

sketch-1562025193297.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I Knight thee, 22.4 driver. Your quest to find two relics starts now, the Holy Grail and RPCD, the question is which will take longer to find?

Bob11B

How about you start with passing driver school, then passing your 30 days, making 22.4, becoming a Full-time driver then worry about top rate after 4 years.

At least they haven't broken our union yet. Most unions have been

Must be nice having a strong local and be able to say that.

I'm glad I have my benefits but beyond that my union is worthless. My BA forgets everything and never gets anything done and is clearly in the back pocket of management. It'd be one thing if I was the only one who thought this or was the only one who saw this. I'm just disappointed that the local I thought I'd have is something of the past, and now I have this sad sack of limp noodle :censored2: representing me (or failing to represent me, and many others).

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My BA forgets everything and never gets anything done and is clearly in the back pocket of management.

It's funny....

The first words people want to utter, is the Union is in the company's pocket.

I don't know of a single BA that only represents 1 company. Sometimes it's best

to follow up with them and document the date and time. If there is a consistent

problem, that's when you bring it up at the monthly meeting or contact the

principal officer of your Local.

I'm just disappointed that the local I thought I'd have is something of the past, and now I have this sad sack of limp noodle :censored2: representing me (or failing to represent me, and many others).

Well....

That's what the ballot box is for.

-Bug-

542thruNthru

It's funny....

The first words people want to utter, is the Union is in the company's pocket.

I don't know of a single BA that only represents 1 company. Sometimes it's best

to follow up with them and document the date and time. If there is a consistent

problem, that's when you bring it up at the monthly meeting or contact the

principal officer of your Local.

Well....

That's what the ballot box is for.

-Bug-

We have 4 BAs that deal with UPS small package. 2 that only represent UPS small package.

Now you know one local that does. :)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We have 4 BAs that deal with UPS small package. 2 that only represent UPS small package.

Now you know one local that does. :)

Impressive.

I have UPS, 4 different "white paper" contracts and 2 different police departments.

UPS people are special (and I am a UPS guy)

Try dealing with contracts involving Law Enforcement....

-Bug-

Last edited: