When do operational needs apply

Howsthatwheel

Does seniority go out the window when operational needs apply ie peak being called in for ot on day off. What is considered operational needs. I feel like this phrase has been weaponize to shut down conversations and i would like to know if this is a person misrepresenting the company or if it is in-fact the company’s policy and can be used whenever

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
A Draft pulls the least senior, unscheduled person in first, and is most unwelcome.

A Draught, on the other hand, pulls a cold beer into a frosted mug, and is MOST welcome!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Does seniority go out the window when operational needs apply ie peak being called in for ot on day off. What is considered operational needs. I feel like this phrase has been weaponize to shut down conversations and i would like to know if this is a person misrepresenting the company or if it is in-fact the company’s policy and can be used whenever
Operational needs IS the company’s policy and applies whenever it suits their needs.
They can call you all they want on your day off but you don’t have to answer the phone nor can they make you work. Now, if you’re SCHEDULED on your day off, everyone must be scheduled on their day off. If they call you on your day off and you answer the phone and they ask pretty please, you can choose to go in. If you don’t want to, tell them you’re drunk or just say you can’t do it.

vantexan

Operational needs IS the company’s policy and applies whenever it suits their needs.
They can call you all they want on your day off but you don’t have to answer the phone nor can they make you work. Now, if you’re SCHEDULED on your day off, everyone must be scheduled on their day off. If they call you on your day off and you answer the phone and they ask pretty please, you can choose to go in. If you don’t want to, tell them you’re drunk or just say you can’t do it.
Probably told this before, but had mgr call on my day off and told him I was going to dentist to get my tooth pulled. He actually asked if I could come in after I got it pulled. In a demanding sort of way.

bacha29

When he calls just tell him that you're in an orgy and that there's not enough men to go around. Then tell him that if he'll come over and help out you'll come over to the station and help out afterward.

Indecisi0n

Don’t they scratch?
Tool-pliers.jpg

Howsthatwheel

Hey guys just got back here. My question was not one of not wanting to work it was more of I wanted the overtime and they put a lower seniority person ahead of me. It was also their day off so they got the ot instead of me. I sign up for everything been there alotttt longer know so many routes and am not a swing the particular route I knew. So with peak coming up i just wanted to know what exactly does operational needs mean because I need the money do everything go above and beyond. Just hate getting sidelined because when I started years ago seniority meant something then it’s like ahhh well you haven’t been here 20 years so don’t complain. I work hard want to work do my best for the team and the company. No matter what I want to do it right so having that term thrown in my face really hurt

Howsthatwheel

Also I want to thank you guys for being here for taking for helping. Despite the gripes and the ills with the world the one thing beyond everything else I have enjoyed about working for this company is that their are good people who work here and that do care about one another do care about the job like any job and work place not everything is right not everyone upholds the company “credo” but hey that’s life but you all being here being a venue to voice and talk about problems and work things out amongst peers rather than snitching or olccs is a blessing. We’ve got a big new world heading for us so let’s all stand together to do our job but also remember it’s all of us out there the rain snow heat dead of night all of it and all the others that gives us the tools and the work to do so. I don’t always agree with everything but I have never worked any where else where I’ve felt like I’ve had a place in this world and we are all in it together! So I thank you because while certain aspects are a failure due to legal this and blah blah that I’m just here to get the truth the wisdom of al before me. I’m not here to be difficult I’m here to do a job but I also don’t want to back down anymore so having your advice really helps. Thanks family!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Also I want to thank you guys for being here for taking for helping. Despite the gripes and the ills with the world the one thing beyond everything else I have enjoyed about working for this company is that their are good people who work here and that do care about one another do care about the job like any job and work place not everything is right not everyone upholds the company “credo” but hey that’s life but you all being here being a venue to voice and talk about problems and work things out amongst peers rather than snitching or olccs is a blessing. We’ve got a big new world heading for us so let’s all stand together to do our job but also remember it’s all of us out there the rain snow heat dead of night all of it and all the others that gives us the tools and the work to do so. I don’t always agree with everything but I have never worked any where else where I’ve felt like I’ve had a place in this world and we are all in it together! So I thank you because while certain aspects are a failure due to legal this and blah blah that I’m just here to get the truth the wisdom of al before me. I’m not here to be difficult I’m here to do a job but I also don’t want to back down anymore so having your advice really helps. Thanks family!

23B6CDC0-AC5E-4DE3-B66F-B0133682AD5E.gif