When does telematics stop tracking your vehicle?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I find it quits working when the "car wash" is cleaning your car, and somehow the plug behind the seat becomes disengaged. Like car wash is ever allowed to clean our cars, LOL

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
As far as it goes working at peak or not, I was told that once they send any rental out on road they can't use technology against you and not another driver. Since rentals don't have it they won't say anything to you.

As far as op goes I once had a package car that showed all kinds of telematics problems that I wasn't committing. My sup said to write it up that telematics needed to be adjusted and the problem stopped a few days later

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Poor guy must be a large center.

All of our vehicles can be found by walking about 25ft and looking out a door.
Mine isn't exactly small either. My car wash guy puts 6/10 of a mile on my truck each night just bringing it 1/3 of the way around the building to fuel it and back.

Sparkey86

I heard when you hit inside building. And starts when you hit leave. Idk? Because out car wash people take off with my 700 after I have returned with 1. No seatbelt on 2. BHD open and backing all over the place. I never get gigged for that.

Dub

The only time you can have a bach first exception is wnen you complete a stop, then back up before traveling roughly 300 ft. Any number of the other telematics flavors could show up at the building while doing your turn in , but not a back first.
It's 500 feet in my building. And it's the flavor of the month, It's all we have heard at our pcm's

Sparkey86

This one is for those with the newer back monitors with the grid that pops up when in reverse. I noticed on a couple of occasions that after starting the car then shifting to drive, the grid would be up for a couple of seconds like I was in reverse. Anybody ever notice that? I would be willing to bet that it is showing as a back first correct? Your thoughts....

PT Car Washer

This one is for those with the newer back monitors with the grid that pops up when in reverse. I noticed on a couple of occasions that after starting the car then shifting to drive, the grid would be up for a couple of seconds like I was in reverse. Anybody ever notice that? I would be willing to bet that it is showing as a back first correct? Your thoughts....
Are you also the one that places an info notice over the light sensor on the monitor?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
That's pretty typical. The microphone will hang on for a second or two as well. Nothing can be done about that. Let it go.

Last edited:

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Actually I posted in another thread about that fake camera business. I took a monitor apart and took pictures to prove that it is a light sensor. These monitors are for the large RV's and the sensor is for the remote control to look at different cameras. Can't remember the tread was looking for it, but didn't find it.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's not a ambient light sensor. It's a infrared receiver for a remote control. We've verified it over the phone with the manufacturer and I've posted a schematic here.

sportsjock

When we got new trucks our shop steward noticed the "so called camera". They jumped all over management. It was funny watching them. Isn't it illegal, that's invasion of privacy?

BFE and OAE are the flavor of the month in our center as well. My buddy is getting beat down by his on road sup everyday. He's a veteran driver and they are hounding him about his over allowed. Here's the deal! My buddy is a ex part time sup so he thinks they should be on the same team. That's his first mistake, thinking they care about him. They don't!! Granted he's usually one of the last drivers back in the building every night. His sup told him to report to him every morning and ask what his OAE was for the previous day.

Does it start tracking it when you scan the barcode in your truck? And stop tracking it when you enter your ending miles or what? The reason i ask is ups is doing this dont back before 100 feet or 250 or whatever. And i usually always back first so i dont get anyone on my ass. But one day i had 10+ backing exceptions even though it was a regular day and i should of had 0-2. I usually always do 0-2.

I think its because my diad froze and wouldnt log out and the car wash racked up a bunch of backs before it was offically logged out by supes. Since i just left it with them and went home.

So im just wondering at what point does it start and stop tracking your truck. When you get inside building, or when you enter your ending miles, or when you fully log out...? Anyone know for sure?
It stops when the placard numbers is altered on road. This could be construed as dishonest but it's true.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
When we got new trucks our shop steward noticed the "so called camera". They jumped all over management. It was funny watching them. Isn't it illegal, that's invasion of privacy?

BFE and OAE are the flavor of the month in our center as well. My buddy is getting beat down by his on road sup everyday. He's a veteran driver and they are hounding him about his over allowed. Here's the deal! My buddy is a ex part time sup so he thinks they should be on the same team. That's his first mistake, thinking they care about him. They don't!! Granted he's usually one of the last drivers back in the building every night. His sup told him to report to him every morning and ask what his OAE was for the previous day.

NOT A CAMERA!!!! Paranoid ninnies.

oldngray

nowhere special
b0c8bf2190bf0cfea03ee94ff86045ec.jpg