When is the other foot going to drop?

AB831

Volume at my station has been WAY up for the past two weeks and we even got a letter from our district manager stating how much better we're doing. However, since the shutdown started, I haven't been delivering paper towels, hand sanitizer or other essentials. I've been delivering iPhones, designer clothes, shoes, and faux jewelry. So.........it appears that the majority of nearby folks blew their stimulus checks on luxuries instead of essentials. That's their choice, but I'm wondering if it's reasonable to assume that in a week or two we'll be right back to where we were January-March with many couriers barely getting 35 hours a week due to record low volume. What kind of things are you guys loading on your trucks?

AB831

You guys deliver more than just letters?
Lol letters and hair weave, my friend. I have to worry about getting shot or eaten by pit bulls due to the type of neighborhood where I work, but I do not have very many heavy boxes. It's a trade off that I can live with.

floridays

Lol letters and hair weave, my friend. I have to worry about getting shot or eaten by pit bulls due to the type of neighborhood where I work, but I do not have very many heavy boxes. It's a trade off that I can live with.
You need to get moved to a negro neighborhood, those white folk can get a little rowdy. Watch your backside.:lol:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Volume at my station has been WAY up for the past two weeks and we even got a letter from our district manager stating how much better we're doing. However, since the shutdown started, I haven't been delivering paper towels, hand sanitizer or other essentials. I've been delivering iPhones, designer clothes, shoes, and faux jewelry. So.........it appears that the majority of nearby folks blew their stimulus checks on luxuries instead of essentials. That's their choice, but I'm wondering if it's reasonable to assume that in a week or two we'll be right back to where we were January-March with many couriers barely getting 35 hours a week due to record low volume. What kind of things are you guys loading on your trucks?
You habitually inspect the contents of your freight?

And it’s shoe, or boot. Not foot.

Or in Mak’s case, testicle.

AB831

You habitually inspect the contents of your freight?

And it’s shoe, or boot. Not foot.

Or in Mak’s case, testicle.
I always love getting insight from the resident assh0le of the message board. It doesn't require much of an inspection to know what's inside when the packs say Victoria's Secret on the outside and there's "JUST DO IT "tape sealing half of the boxes, jackass.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I always love getting insight from the resident assh0le of the message board. It doesn't require much of an inspection to know what's inside when the packs say Victoria's Secret on the outside and there's "JUST DO IT "tape sealing half of the boxes, jackass.
Don't drop your other foot next time you bend over, amigo.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Which do you prefer, tons of work or barely enough to get your hours?

If it's the former, enjoy.
If it's the latter, it'll be here at some point.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yeah. Sorry. That guy really bugs me. He's like the old aunt or uncle who you forget you're friends with on Facebook until they comment on your status just to argue with you.
Look at my avatar. I have a reputation to maintain.

Apologies for any hurt feelings, I was just poking fun, and you were the low hanging fruit.

AB831

Look at my avatar. I have a reputation to maintain.

Apologies for any hurt feelings, I was just poking fun, and you were the low hanging fruit.
It’s all good. Forgive my hostile response and name calling. I didn’t sleep well last night so I’m in a mood, but I was taught better than to react like that.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The size of my packages have been getting smaller and smaller every day. It’s a beautiful thing. Thank God for UPS and Ground taking the big stuff now. Lol. I’ve been delivering a lot of medicines and credit cards lately.