When is the other foot going to drop?

oldngray

nowhere special
Monty_Python_foot.gif

McFeely

Huge Member
I've always thought that our company could do just fine with 12:00 and 16:30 P1 commits, and 16:30 for ALL P2 business commits (no more 15:00 rushes). If someone wanted early delivery, then FO.

AB831

I've always thought that our company could do just fine with 12:00 and 16:30 P1 commits, and 16:30 for ALL P2 business commits (no more 15:00 rushes). If someone wanted early delivery, then FO.
I've never really understood the practicality of FO's. I was an FO driver for a year and I'd say at least half of my packages wound up in the nearest drop box waiting for the day shift driver because the business wasn't open at 7 AM.

Working4the1%

I've never really understood the practicality of FO's. I was an FO driver for a year and I'd say at least half of my packages wound up in the nearest drop box waiting for the day shift driver because the business wasn't open at 7 AM.
Its so a customer can check the wrong service and then we charge them triple....and then wake up their client early ..and piss them off

El Morado Diablo

Its so a customer can check the wrong service and then we charge them triple....and then wake up their client early ..and piss them off

I never laughed so hard when management bragged about how well FO was doing after they changed the airbills. I'm sure putting FO at the top of the airbill where PO used to be had NOTHING to do with it at all.... ;)

MAKAVELI

That’s not what we were told. We were told ALL 1030 P1 resi and business will be 1200.
I think it may be different for individual districts. This is purely cost cutting move to reduce onroad hours. Doubt it will be permanent as FedEx will still have to compete with UPS for commit times.

zeev

Ups actual delivery times are usually well ahead of FedEx especially in noon areas many UPS drivers with just a few next day air