When is the other foot going to drop?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ups actual delivery times are usually well ahead of FedEx especially in noon areas many UPS drivers with just a few next day air

Depends upon the day. There were days that I was able to deliver ground and air at the same time and others where I would have to run straight air and then go back to start my route all over again.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I never laughed so hard when management bragged about how well FO was doing after they changed the airbills. I'm sure putting FO at the top of the airbill where PO used to be had NOTHING to do with it at all.... ;)

That was years ago and FO was doing well before, and is still doing well now.

59 Dano

Isn't it truly astounding how poorly this company communicates? I mean it's actually impressive how bad it is.

The commit time changes for residentials varies by district. What issue is it that you're having with the communication?

vantexan

Isn't it truly astounding how poorly this company communicates? I mean it's actually impressive how bad it is.
I've seen people report here that their mgrs told them this or that while others say they haven't heard anything. I think lack of communication starts with your mgr. Either they don't want to deal with courier angst and anger or they just don't give a flip. But some do and pass on info. Since I transferred more than most I came to the conclusion that the quality of your work life in many stations depends mostly on what kind of mgr you have.

AB831

The commit time changes for residentials varies by district. What issue is it that you're having with the communication?
Can I answer your question with a question? In your opinion, is there anything that this company doesn't do 100% perfectly? I haven't seen one complaint or issue raised with Fedex on here that you didn't diametrically oppose.

59 Dano

Can I answer your question with a question? In your opinion, is there anything that this company doesn't do 100% perfectly? I haven't seen one complaint or issue raised with Fedex on here that you didn't diametrically oppose.

It's a district-by-district thing. If you see that as a communication failure, I can't help you unless you think people in your district have some reason to know this is being administered in another district.

AB831

It's a district-by-district thing. If you see that as a communication failure, I can't help you unless you think people in your district have some reason to know this is being administered in another district.
So you're not going to answer my question? Is there ANYTHING that this company does wrong in your eyes?

DeliveryException

One issue I have is I haven't heard anything about this at all from management, only from other couriers in the station. I'm sure there will be some printout in my truck on Monday morning.

59 Dano

Why are you too threatened to answer it if it's so stupid?

I long to spend my time answering stupid questions that only lead to further stupid questions that lead to yet even more stupid questions that, when all is said and done, don't end up mattering.

SmithBarney

It starts Monday. I’m pretty sure it has more to do with saving money than trouble with 10:30 areas.
I think it has to do with more than a few new shippers we brought in that seem to be shipping all P1, our system is P1 heavy so instead of having tons of lates and just burning them til whenever we can at least tell the 1030 P1 customers that they'll get them by 1200.