When will 22.4 positions open up

Just trying to get information for my coworkers at my hub in New England. Looking to see if 22.4 positions will go live prior to beginning of peak. I am asked this on a constant basis at the hub and wanted to provide correct information to them.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Just trying to get information for my coworkers at my hub in New England. Looking to see if 22.4 positions will go live prior to beginning of peak. I am asked this on a constant basis at the hub and wanted to provide correct information to them.
I’d talk to a steward or perhaps your BA. Ultimately it’s up to UPS to start hiring 22.4s. So as others have said unless someone on here has direct knowledge as it pertains to your hub we’re just guessing.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
you got sat ground? its comin then no? still have no clue how there going to implement this here or anywhere. we have like 80 drivers now and maybe 15 are tue - sat running 15 routes on sat leaving only 65 drivers for mon which works cause of the gutted mon volume delivered on sat. so now those guys are to go back to mon - fri and were supposed to hire/promote 15 more 22.4 guys (up to 20 to meet the 25% rule) to deliver the sat routes? so now tues - fri we will have 95 drivers instead of our normal 80 and the gutted monday will have 80 drivers instead of 65. there gonna have to get real creative with utilizing the "combo" part of this position with some weird start times during the week so these jobs will most likely involve inside work during the week and full day delivery on sat

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
you got sat ground? its comin then no? still have no clue how there going to implement this here or anywhere. we have like 80 drivers now and maybe 15 are tue - sat running 15 routes on sat leaving only 65 drivers for mon which works cause of the gutted mon volume delivered on sat. so now those guys are to go back to mon - fri and were supposed to hire/promote 15 more 22.4 guys (up to 20 to meet the 25% rule) to deliver the sat routes? so now tues - fri we will have 95 drivers instead of our normal 80 and the gutted monday will have 80 drivers instead of 65. there gonna have to get real creative with utilizing the "combo" part of this position with some weird start times during the week so these jobs will most likely involve inside work during the week and full day delivery on sat
They are banking on many drivers being willing to take a dive on Mondays.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Nobody has qualified since October of last year. I suppose any new driver this year is going to be a 22.4 purely because they get paid less.

Not understaffed, It is just we overhired the year before due to the corporate 9.5 mandate.

Zowert

They have 18 months from the day the contract was ratified to make all Tuesday thru Saturday drivers M-friend. Within that time period they’ll have to hire 22.4’s to work weekends.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I’m curious if ups is going to make 22.4s qualify.....will ups try to qualify them out of classification as an rpcd.....all 22.4 are going to be tues-sat or wed-sun all the training routes are mon-fri.....will they be allowed to train them as an rpcd?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I’m curious if ups is going to make 22.4s qualify.....will ups try to qualify them out of classification as an rpcd.....all 22.4 are going to be tues-sat or wed-sun all the training routes are mon-fri.....will they be allowed to train them as an rpcd?
I asked my OC this exact question, he said they go through a Mon-Fri packet just like everybody else then are immediately Tues-Sat when graduated. Also made it clear to those of us who were hired as Tues-Sat RPCD's that we can be temporarily moved back to a Tues-Sat. schedule if necessary, but that we would never work Sundays ever. That's what the 22.4's are for

Staydryitsraining

I asked my OC this exact question, he said they go through a Mon-Fri packet just like everybody else then are immediately Tues-Sat when graduated. Also made it clear to those of us who were hired as Tues-Sat RPCD's that we can be temporarily moved back to a Tues-Sat. schedule if necessary, but that we would never work Sundays ever. That's what the 22.4's are for
22.4s is to get more ft union dues. Company will use them to get rcpd or ftd or 300s off of ot weekend work.