When will Combo Drivers go into affect after Contract is Ratified?

8000Shelf

I am almost certain that my hub will be utilizing 22.4s from day one. They already posted the bid sheet back in like January and have been sending people to Integrad.

Our stewards are saying everyone is on the 9.5 list automatically unless you give them written notice opting out.

Again. At a hub that will be utilizing 22.4s
The contract language states everyone is ELIGIBLE if 22.4's utilized. Nothing about automatic that I can find. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Again. Stewards telling everyone they are AUTOMATICALLY on the list if building is utilizing 22.4s. Which mine is. Which means 9.5 for me please and thank you.

542thruNthru

Pretty sure I’ll be trusting the stewards’ (plural) word in my building over some keyboard warrior on the internet that is halfway across the country.

Bug is right. You will not be automatically on the list. Your steward is mistaken. It happens
Screenshot_20190415-213208_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

542thruNthru

Yeah ok I’m in a giant hub with 15+ stewards and all of them are wrong lol

In the end it doesn't really matter. If someone that is FT and not a 22.4 wants to be on 9.5 they will be.

If for some reason your building is not following the contract and everyone is automatically on the list then great.

iruhnman630

I’m in a small center. We’re not going to see 22.4’s most likely until the next contract or at the very end of this one. We also don’t do Saturday ground. Just hope they don’t try to rip away overtime from the guys that want it. Next contract union needs to fight for more OT!!! LMAO
You do realize that 22.4 is the end result of years worth of excessive overtime complaints?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Sheet is posted and will be effective after it closes on May 15. Technically we would not be bidding on a job that does not exist yet but as long as the contract closes by May 6th (One week) then it will be valid.

If I can't secure a FT bid by then, guess who gets the shaft!
You still need to get the first bid for 22.4. Each center still needs to maintain the proper number of rpcd's. And if people above you in seniority dont take the 22.4 job then you will get a rpcd bid before them.

DeliveryMachine

You do realize that 22.4 is the end result of years worth of excessive overtime complaints?
Yes. Key word there being excessive. Not many people came in at 6 pm with an hour of OT and threw a tantrum. They just didn’t want to be forced to work 10-12 hours everyday. Now UPS is acting like eventually OT will be gone for RCPD. Most folks probably did not want that, and for the guys like me, we love the 10-12 hour days $$$

DR7

Bug is right. You will not be automatically on the list. Your steward is mistaken. It happens
View attachment 244630

It’s been so long... refresh my memory on this. Is the new 9.5 language applied to all centers or just ones with 22.4s? I’m in a smallish 35 car center with no saturday ground. Is there some loophole that prevents the new language from applying to centers like mine?

542thruNthru

It’s been so long... refresh my memory on this. Is the new 9.5 language applied to all centers or just ones with 22.4s? I’m in a smallish 35 car center with no saturday ground. Is there some loophole that prevents the new language from applying to centers like mine?

Just ones with 22.4s.