when will it end? friend of ORION buster

worked preload for 6 years finally went driving 3 months ago. stopped working thru part of my lunch a month ago and now 1 hr and 20 min overallowed per the sup. found out the previous brown noser driver worked thru his lunch every day. has his letter in for mngt. had 3 day production ride and written up for not a "brisk" enough walk pace, "not achieving the posted speed limit fast enough" and "not parking close enough to the delivery point" all total BS. still an hour overallowed with sup. then 3 days later saw a guy following me so called the cops. thought it was someone following to steal the pkgs off the porches. cop questioned him and came back to me to tell me that he was a UPS sup and that he was taking pictures. when returned to ctr that night sup wrote me up for not using the hand rail every time.

think this is harassment so filed a grievance.
was a steward while on preload but this is a whole new ball game.

try to do what is right but not sure if this crap is for me.
on vacation this week and looking for another job but got a wife and kid to feed

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
worked preload for 6 years finally went driving 3 months ago. stopped working thru part of my lunch a month ago and now 1 hr and 20 min overallowed per the sup. found out the previous brown noser driver worked thru his lunch every day. has his letter in for mngt. had 3 day production ride and written up for not a "brisk" enough walk pace, "not achieving the posted speed limit fast enough" and "not parking close enough to the delivery point" all total BS. still an hour overallowed with sup. then 3 days later saw a guy following me so called the cops. thought it was someone following to steal the pkgs off the porches. cop questioned him and came back to me to tell me that he was a UPS sup and that he was taking pictures. when returned to ctr that night sup wrote me up for not using the hand rail every time.

on vacation this week and looking for another job but got a wife and kid to feed
Stick it out. Keep pounding them with greivances.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

After reading your first epic post, and now this, it seems to me that after six years on preload, you would understand how UPS operates.

If you are being harassed this badly after only three months on the street, I have to wonder how many bridges you burnt in the past.

Good luck on your job search.

only bridge I burned according to mngt was a complaint to OSHA 2 years ago for a broken support arm on the unload device that kept breaking after they were asked to fix it 4 different times. we had two injuries, not lost time, from employees climbing in and out of the trlrs. and ripping their legs and arms open on the device. when I asked them to repair it, was always told "it is scheduled" and if I didn't like it to file a grievance which I did. still not repaired in a reasonable amount of time and only got repaired after I filed an O.S.H.A complaint 2 weeks later. they never forgot that yet I was efficient enough to load 4 sometimes 5 cars on the preload. when we ask them to do things they don't but when they ask/tell us to do something we had better do it! a month later the unload device was so old and antiquated and repaired so many times that we got a new one installed. so im the bad guy for getting a safety related item fixed? doesn't make sense!

StoptheAct1212

Cant believe i actually read this......
I know what the problem is.....

You. You must not be a good worker, soooo they are trying to get you outta here

trickpony1

Maybe Frigid can help me understand.....

why is it that management, when confronted about a valid safety concern, doesn't do anything but then, when the concerned worker goes to a outside enforcement agency, like OSHA, management gets all indignant, hateful and vengeful.

Help me understand.......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

why is it that management, when confronted about a valid safety concern, doesn't do anything but then, when the concerned worker goes to a outside enforcement agency, like OSHA, management gets all indignant, hateful and vengeful.

Chain of command.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

They have to answer.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Yep...welcome to ups. It doesn't get any better. You can come in early and go through your truck for free and skip lunch to make em happy or follow the correct procedures and be a target. You can't win at ups

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

only bridge I burned according to mngt was a complaint to OSHA 2 years ago for a broken support arm on the unload device that kept breaking after they were asked to fix it 4 different times. we had two injuries, not lost time, from employees climbing in and out of the trlrs. and ripping their legs and arms open on the device. when I asked them to repair it, was always told "it is scheduled" and if I didn't like it to file a grievance which I did. still not repaired in a reasonable amount of time and only got repaired after I filed an O.S.H.A complaint 2 weeks later. they never forgot that yet I was efficient enough to load 4 sometimes 5 cars on the preload. when we ask them to do things they don't but when they ask/tell us to do something we had better do it! a month later the unload device was so old and antiquated and repaired so many times that we got a new one installed. so im the bad guy for getting a safety related item fixed? doesn't make sense!
You my friend are a target...good luck

35years

Gravy route
You are going to have to choose.
Be their whipping boy and be harassed
OR
Become very good at all the methods, fight the harassment, and keep your dignity.

Don't run or skip break. Do your job really well. And don't worry about their unrealistic numbers or their stupid intimidation. Be your own man and you won't regret it.

El Correcto

god is dead
Just remember, :censored2: them. My first year driving I was given multiple intent to term/suspend and warning letters. You are new to driving and learning, safety should be your number one concern. They can always send help if they don't want missed packages or quit loading you down and let you learn to do your job properly.