When will the new pay/contract be in effect

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
The title is the question, I'm asking because the IT staff at UPS would have to pull a week of all nighters in changing the payroll to reprogram the wages (if that's the way it is done). So in that logic every UPSER's who is affected from the contract would have a raise and retro check in the mail in 2-3 weeks.

All you old timers who have been through contract renewals in the past, or insiders who know when the contract takes place; when will it take place?

I'm asking because UPS should be jolly this P.O.S. contract passed, so it should be 'easy-peasy' to get the wage increases and checks in the mail; what's the hold up? It it supplements? Is it signatures? Or perhaps, is it quarterly earnings that would effect the companies appearence in the stock market?

kthxbye
#makeitrain

Not eager for my $100 dollar retro check (.70 raise from x hr x days worked in August) , Just want to know who is stalling it. IT? Investors? Hoffa?

Cheers,
Me

AwashBwashCwash

My retro check should already be at like $600 by now. This will be the biggest check I ever got what is the hold up? This is the whole point I voted yes and now it's taking forever.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Supplements are not passed so therefore you will not recieve a retro check until they do. Last time we didn't recieve our checks until April. Dont hold your breathe there has been no word when they will meet to start renegotiating the failed supplements.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Right now the negotiating committee is trying to get freight contract done before November 12th deadline or they strike from what I hear. No rush to work on supplements especially when peak is around the corner. Try in January then it has to go to a vote.

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
Right now the negotiating committee is trying to get freight contract done before November 12th deadline or they strike from what I hear. No rush to work on supplements especially when peak is around the corner. Try in January then it has to go to a vote.

Hear say or not, you gave me the best of both worlds in two replies; informative and.. insightful. Thanks mate

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
what's the hold up?

A minor problem.

They ran out of paper to print all those checks on.

That's usually not a problem by itself, the real problem is that the tree planters are on strike.

Once the strike is over, they can plant some more trees, let them grow for awhile and then make more paper.

Shouldn't be too much longer.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The title is the question, I'm asking because the IT staff at UPS would have to pull a week of all nighters in changing the payroll to reprogram the wages (if that's the way it is done). So in that logic every UPSER's who is affected from the contract would have a raise and retro check in the mail in 2-3 weeks.

All you old timers who have been through contract renewals in the past, or insiders who know when the contract takes place; when will it take place?

I'm asking because UPS should be jolly this P.O.S. contract passed, so it should be 'easy-peasy' to get the wage increases and checks in the mail; what's the hold up? It it supplements? Is it signatures? Or perhaps, is it quarterly earnings that would effect the companies appearence in the stock market?

kthxbye
#makeitrain

Not eager for my $100 dollar retro check (.70 raise from x hr x days worked in August) , Just want to know who is stalling it. IT? Investors? Hoffa?

Cheers,
Me
Ups is getting interest on that money right now. Besides that, the supplements have to be ratified and that won't happen until after peak. Who would negotiate right before the busiest time of the year? That would be uncomfortable for the company.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm asking because UPS should be jolly this P.O.S. contract passed, so it should be 'easy-peasy' to get the wage increases and checks in the mail; what's the hold up? Just want to know who is stalling it. IT? Investors? Hoffa?

So.... the contract is a POS, and you don't know what the hold up is on

retro checks ? It's been discussed in numerous threads since October 5th.

It's hard for me to understand how someone could be so informed about the

quality of the contract, but not be aware of all the details. Interesting.

Who would negotiate right before the busiest time of the year? That would be uncomfortable for the company.

Typically, everything comes to a screeching halt between the company and the

Union on December 1st. Because of peak season, the only cases heard are

cardinal sin discharge situations. We'll have to see what happens with supplemental

negotiations after Freight votes again.

-Bug-

Maplewood

kthxbye
#makeitrain

Cheers,
Me
Out here in the NW we have improvments in our supplements that the company is happy to not have to implement until after peak.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Dont hold your breathe there has been no word when they will meet to start renegotiating the failed supplements.

No rush to work on supplements especially when peak is around the corner. Try in January then it has to go to a vote.

the supplements have to be ratified and that won't happen until after peak. Who would negotiate right before the busiest time of the year? That would be uncomfortable for the company.

here in 804 which is one of the locals holding up the works there have been i think three different negotiation meetings since the no vote and while we still don't have a new supplement to vote on yet, im thinking we will before the end of the year. ya see its election time in December and our current e-board wants to look like heroes with a pension bump along with a new supplement before the election vote. i do not believe negotiations will stop for peak at all.