When will they ever learn?

rod

Retired 22 years
The guys ending statement was "they acted like they just don't care"---------BINGO-we have a winner. The driver had probably been chewed out everyday for months about taking too long.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If I didn't open gates, I'd be bringing 30-40 stops back a day. How do you not open gates and how do you deliver these?
I only open driveway gates that I have the code to or that I have personally gotten permission from the customer to open. Otherwise I bag it and leave it at the gate.
I will only open a yard gate if I know (a) that there is no dog inside or (b) that the dog is friendly and not a threat to run off.
If we open a gate we are responsible for whatever might get out so it is a responsibility that I take seriously.

Savvy412

ups doesnt care?

I cant even imagine if this happened at my center. They would freak the friend out. Especially because it made the news,

If seems to me as though the only reason why UPS drivers throw packages is because they are being rushed/timed... They'll never learn I guess

Dr.Brownz

If seems to me as though the only reason why UPS drivers throw packages is because they are being rushed/timed... They'll never learn I guess

Yeah my on road was bitching about how everyone rushes all the time and we have all these accidents and someone brought up well the workload is that so you have to rush or you don't get done till late and according to your fantasy numbers we are all too slow (except a few routes that have skewed numbers and somehow the driver beats it by 2 hours everyday), suddenly the supervisor had nothing to say.

Yeah my on road was bitching about how everyone rushes all the time and we have all these accidents and someone brought up well the workload is that so you have to rush or you don't get done till late and according to your fantasy numbers we are all too slow (except a few routes that have skewed numbers and somehow the driver beats it by 2 hours everyday), suddenly the supervisor had nothing to say.
Exactly my point

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
That guy didn't even attempt to ascertain what to do with the packages, he simply dropped them over the gate and never looked back.
I'd whack him and make sure he didn't make it back.

Overpaid Union Thug

JL 0513

I can't believe he didn't ring the bell.

Seriously though, this is a guy I couldn't care less if he lost his career even though it technically isn't a cardinal sin. There's no excuse for this. He had to know that the box blew open and didn't care. Even if you assume there's no camera rolling, every delivery is fully documented to the driver. There's a 100% chance of this customer taking pictures anf calling in the complaint. You have to want to get fired to do something like this.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would have handled that guys delivery very carefully. He said ALL that ammo was for target practice but I'm not so sure.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I would have handled that guys delivery very carefully. He said ALL that ammo was for target practice but I'm not so sure.

You emphasize ALL like he's got a munitions bunker full of ammo and we should be notifying the ATF. I'd hardly call a case of ammo bought by a middle aged guy in the suburbs something worth being concerned with. I'd be more concerned by the guy who only buys one box to target shoot.

Back in the old days with your six shooters shooting paper targets at 25 yards, maybe it would be alot of ammo, but modern guns and the magazine capacities they hold, along with the different shooting scenarios and training emphasis; one could easily burn through 1k rounds in under an hour. With the price of ammo being borderline obscene, it is only prudent to buy in bulk from places like Cheaper than Dirt or other discount places who sell by the case and not the box.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You emphasize ALL like he's got a munitions bunker full of ammo and we should be notifying the ATF. I'd hardly call a case of ammo bought by a middle aged guy in the suburbs something worth being concerned with. I'd be more concerned by the guy who only buys one box to target shoot.

Back in the old days with your six shooters shooting paper targets at 25 yards, maybe it would be alot of ammo, but modern guns and the magazine capacities they hold, along with the different shooting scenarios and training emphasis; one could easily burn through 1k rounds in under an hour. With the price of ammo being borderline obscene, it is only prudent to buy in bulk from places like Cheaper than Dirt or other discount places who sell by the case and not the box.
Exactly. I could burn through that in no time.

Gear

Parts on Order
Its the customer's fault. If he didn't order the ammo, the driver wouldn't had to deliver the packages and this would've never happened. Plus if the customer didn't have a camera, there wouldn't be a video. Its not the driver's fault that he lost his cool and threw the packages over the fence.

rod

Retired 22 years

Thanks for the lecture but it really wasn't necessary. You have heard of someone joking before haven't you?