When you got that awful day at work, what goes through your mind to make it better?

Mr.nobody

As a preloader I could sit here and say you drivers and etc don't have tough days but y'all have to deal with PEOPLE through out your day so I know I don't really have it that bad. I've been in customer service for 7 years I know it sucks. When you get that tough day, what gets you through it?

Our easiest day, is tougher than your toughest day. We have to deal with preloaders.

Ghost in the Darkness

Usually people who have never loaded trucks seem to "know" how easy it is. Preload was like a can of sardines, everything is meant to cause conflict with everything else. Out on the road atleast you only have idiots to deal with in short durations and for me they are fewer and farther between. Micro-management is bad in both spots but I can only imagine what pre-loaders deal with today when you have to hear it your whole shift.

Re-Raise

I stopped and took 25 stops off of a seasonal driver on my way in last Wednesday who was practically on the verge of tears.

It was dark and raining and the back of his package car still looked like a bomb had gone off in there.

One time I was washing dishes and I had a really tough piece of food on a plate that I had to rub really hard to get off.

MAKAVELI

I stopped and took 25 stops off of a seasonal driver on my way in last Wednesday who was practically on the verge of tears.

It was dark and raining and the back of his package car still looked like a bomb had gone off in there.

One time I was washing dishes and I had a really tough piece of food on a plate that I had to rub really hard to get off.
Try working in a sauna non stop for 8 hours scrubbing pots and pans and cleaning a restaurant kitchen afterwards then get back to me.

W

What The Hawk?

You got to love when outsiders act like they know our job

what are these much harder jobs that you know of Give some examples that you have done that harder since you know they are harder or are you just talking about other jobs that again you know nothing about
I do know you drivers like to bitch and moan about your job when you make bank and it's really NOT THAT DIFFICULT. If i had a dollar for every driver I see complaining I'd be really happy with my paycheck.

As for harder jobs, thats also not that hard to look around and see others have it worse off than you do. Pipefitters, firefighters, soldiers, nurses..etc..

You also don't need a degree to do what you do. All I'm saying is be more understanding, especially to preloaders or people looking to move up because you THE DRIVER can create something within that person that will fuel them to do better or make want to stop trying and be lazy.

I don't know what being a driver is like but Iwhen I do I hope and will do my damn best to not be the uptight bitchy driver that everyone's gotta deal with.

Now answer the original question. This thread was meant to be a happy thread.

I do know you drivers like to bitch and moan about your job when you make bank and it's really NOT THAT DIFFICULT. If i had a dollar for every driver I see complaining I'd be really happy with my paycheck.

As for harder jobs, thats also not that hard to look around and see others have it worse off than you do. Pipefitters, firefighters, soldiers, nurses..etc..

You also don't need a degree to do what you do. All I'm saying is be more understanding, especially to preloaders or people looking to move up because you THE DRIVER can create something within that person that will fuel them to do better or make want to stop trying and be lazy.

I don't know what being a driver is like but Iwhen I do I hope and will do my damn best to not be the uptight bitchy driver that everyone's gotta deal with.

Now answer the original question. This thread was meant to be a happy thread.
You aren't being serious?

W

What The Hawk?

Our easiest day, is tougher than your toughest day. We have to deal with preloaders.
It's funny when a driver is a bitch to a preloader which creates that preloader to do a bad job. Ever think about helping that preloader with tips? I stay after and talk to my driver. Some are willing, some aren't. Not my problem. I tried to show the driver I care but if they're not willing to help me with input, cause they've done my job and can teach me then dont get mad when i dont do it the way you want