When you got the offer how long did it take you to learn your 5/10

Over 70

Yes, I did mine a day or two before I went to school. I basically just kept saying them over and over until I hit a snag then I'd look at the list, then start from the top and kept doing that until I could rattle them off like an auctioneer.

That method worked much better than the typical write them out over and over I know a lot of other people have used.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
anki and ankidroid. Handy little flashcards for your phone/computer

This is how I learned spanish, a bunch of math, science, computer science, 10 keys and yard safety, street names by block cluster (Because hin's are the worst invention for preloaders ever and loading well without looking at and recognizing the address is a pipe dream dreamt up by management)

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
With today's cell phone technology, I would record myself saying them out loud.
One recording for the 5 seeing habits and one for the 10 point commentary.
Then you can play it on repeat as the words sink into your brain.

giphy.gif

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
There was no 5/10 when I started.

You had to demonstrate that you could operate the vehicle safely, that you knew how to operate the DIAD, and that you could treat the company's customers with respect.

All these years later after no accidents, no warning letters, etc., I wonder how I ever survived without knowing the 5 and 10.

old levi's

blank space
Yes, I did mine a day or two before I went to school. I basically just kept saying them over and over until I hit a snag then I'd look at the list, then start from the top and kept doing that until I could rattle them off like an auctioneer.

That method worked much better than the typical write them out over and over I know a lot of other people have used.

That is a good way to learn them...
but afterward if you can sit down with a blank piece of paper and write them down, you know them.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
Learn it for the class and your 30 days. After that sign the sheet and hand it back to your supe (no time, gotta verify air line) or even better safety committee member they don't do much anyways.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Our safety committee asks you one or two things from the list and then will mark you as done for the month. After you qualify it’s not a giant deal here. Definitely know it word for word while you are qualifying.

Zowert

I memorized it the day of my test, during lunch. I couldn’t recite it word for word now and I’ve only been driving a package car since April.

Good luck qualifying if you haven’t already.