Where are the security guards?

JustDeliverIt

If they did that will probably wouldn't have a preload....

When I was on preload, we had the police with dogs come through every 6 to 8 weeks. The loader 2 cages down from me would have to use the bathroom, taking his jacket every time, as the dogs came down the boxline a few cars from him. Never failed. Used to laugh every time. See the door crack open as he looked down the boxline to make sure they passed his trucks.

nWo

We have ice machines but God you know the insides of those machines are filthy. Try not to think about it while filling the water jug.

quad decade guy

We have ice machines but God you know the insides of those machines are filthy. Try not to think about it while filling the water jug.
Why I don't use the ice machines.....

Watching folks in the restroom not wash their hands...then going straight to the "touch" ice machine...all the while running their hands all over the spigot...grimy box dust bathroom hands...yes, in a hurry part-timers.

And end of day pkg drivers dunking their drink jugs into the Gatorade cooler....with all day box dust hands....

How bout those same hands grabbing donuts and pizza in the office?

The first thing that happened at our facility during Covid was adding touch soap and towel dispensers....and touch sanitizer.
Public use open boxes of masks....yep....dig right in....everyone touches them.

Just like the yard...I invite anyone to spend 10 minutes observing the office.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Wait

They consider it theft when I take ice home??
It’s probably because you could hide something under the ice. We have the same policy with drinks here. If it’s opened, it has to be a clear liquid. If it’s a dark colored soda you have to throw it away.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
ice theft just at our center alone has been increasing so much that corporate is starting to notice. expecting a memo from carol next week.
We had bagged ice in my old center. LP caught one of the security guards on camera walking out with one bag after her shift ended. Fired her the next day.

542thruNthru

they've actually stepped up security in my building.

we are now not allowed to have ice in our lunch boxes when we leave the building, it must all be dumped out first.
I'd be screwed. When we have beers after work I always take a DR bag with ice in it to keep them cold. ;)

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Oh no no no. We’ve been instructed to not even carry any kind of blade in our bag, this includes multi tools. So I’ll just sit in my tractor and wait 10 minutes before the lazy a* decides to come out of his air conditioned shack, walk lazily to the trailer, and take another 5 minutes fumbling around back there before he gives up and tells me to take it to the shop to get it cut.

They are going to save a bunch of money paying me over 40 per hour plus benefits to cut them off for you. I can't wait to put 20 or so lines on my timecard for cutting security bolts off.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They are going to save a bunch of money paying me over 40 per hour plus benefits to cut them off for you. I can't wait to put 20 or so lines on my timecard for cutting security bolts off.
Take your time, brother. We are both paid by the hour.

Last One In

We’ve never had security guards. Or a metal detector. Or a guard shack. Or security of any kind. Just locked doors while the building is closed and unmanned. Love extended centers.
They don't even lock our doors at our center. Customers wander in and out of our building daily dropping off packages. I got back to the building one night and watched a guy walk out of the women's restroom. Brought it up to center manager. What if a driver was in there undressing to go home? He couldn't have cared less.

quad decade guy

Some people complain about anything and everything. Shrugs shoulders.
Some people ignore anything and everything.

Ignoring ONE'S security.....is frankly stupid.

You guys that think lax security/defund police is just better.....really need to look around. How these ideas have led to chaos and hard crime.

quad decade guy

They don't even lock our doors at our center. Customers wander in and out of our building daily dropping off packages. I got back to the building one night and watched a guy walk out of the women's restroom. Brought it up to center manager. What if a driver was in there undressing to go home? He couldn't have cared less.
Document this. Share it. With Corporate.

Contacting the right person can change for the better. I know. Shame them. It works. Embarrassing them works.