Where, Oh Where, is my DIAD?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm 59, I don't remember the term Gay applied to homosexuality until the early '70s? I lived in a small town.

From Wikippedia:
Gay may refer to:
the English adjective gay:

I agree with 555 on this one.
I asked my wife and she agreed it was after 1972 before we heard gay used in this way.

browndevil

I'm 59, I don't remember the term Gay applied to homosexuality until the early '70s? I lived in a small town.

From Wikippedia:
Gay may refer to:
the English adjective gay:

Aha! I am 46 and and has always known the term gay to mean a homosexual. Only in those old movies was gay used to mean happy.
Well glad we got that sorted out:happy2:
And now back to our regularly scheduled thread!

moreluck

golden ticket member
When 'gay' came to mean what it does today, my brother was not a happy camper. He's a Gabriel and Gay was his nickname. It's Gabe now.

rod

Retired 22 years
A friend of mine named Gayland always introduced himself by saying, "Hi, I'm Gay" and then laugh at the peoples reaction. (no he wasn't):wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I stopped laughing at gay jokes in middle school.

psssssst gay people exist in your life everywhere and they live everywhere, even in Stuart Fl.
OH NO, I THINK I WAS JUST OUTED, Not that there's anything wrong with that,:wink2:

When I was in middle school, gay meant happy.
555 went to middle school in the Gay nineties?

A friend of mine named Gayland always introduced himself by saying, "Hi, I'm Gay" and then laugh at the peoples reaction. (no he wasn't):wink2:
My sister named her son Gaylin. He's in middle school and I think he will be a Mixed Martial Artisit, when he grows up.:happy2:

"not that there is anything wrong with that"
Not at all, George!

it looks like my rep is blushing a bit....thanks yall
You're just lucky that you didn't make that comment in Than Franthithco. LOL, sorry, just playing along.

BTW, all, thanks for keeping my thread going, though it would be nice to see some DIAD pictures once in awhile. I must say that I'm quite disappointed that a lot of my own DIAD pictures were removed.

I already got suspended for those pictures and since I already paid the price for them shouldn't they have been left alone? DIAD pictures aren't off limits. Posting DIAD pictures with your real identity is what is off limits. I guess it's time to go underground.

Last edited:
I thought the San Fran joke was funny. 63% of the gay people I know would have thought so too.

Steve said: 555 went to middle school in the Gay nineties?

No, 555 went to middle school (actually we called it Jr.High back then) in the "HAPPY" early 60s.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I thought the San Fran joke was funny. 63% of the gay people I know would have thought so too.

No, 555 went to middle school (actually we called it Jr.High back then) in the "HAPPY" early 60s.
I went to 'jr high' also Trp. I don't think they started using 'middle school' until the early 80's. LOL That was a life time ago. :wink2:

Cementups

Box Monkey
I went to 'jr high' also Trp. I don't think they started using 'middle school' until the early 80's. LOL That was a life time ago. :wink2:

I went to Jr. High as well, but right after I left there they went to calling them "middle schools" Are there any Jr. High's left anymore?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I sort of went to Jr High, and it was called Jr in the 70's. There were no "outwardly" flamboyant people that I can recall, but if one spoke of an O.friend. person, the word queer was used in that situation.

I went to Jr. High as well, but right after I left there they went to calling them "middle schools" Are there any Jr. High's left anymore?
No more Jr High's, but there are a ton of "High" Jr's.:wink2: