Where, Oh Where, is my DIAD?

There's more difference in Jr Highs and Middle schools than just name. The grades break are different. But dang if I remember what they are. LOL.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I agree with 555 on this one.
I asked my wife and she agreed it was after 1972 before we heard gay used in this way.

How many towns still have a Gay Rd? One of the towns I delivered still has one, I think it was named in the early 60's when the subdivision was built.

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
I already got suspended for those pictures and since I already paid the price for them shouldn't they have been left alone? DIAD pictures aren't off limits. Posting DIAD pictures with your real identity is what is off limits. I guess it's time to go underground.

Can you please clarify? I read the thread entitled "Picture Posters Beware!" and am curious as to what the picture guidelines are. Can I post pictures of myself in uniform? My package car? My DIAD? What if I blur the logo and car number?

Apologies if all this has been covered before. Anyone that can point me to a pertinent thread covering pic guidelines?

over9five

Staff member
Our (Brown Cafe) guidelines are that pictures have to be in good taste. WE don't care if you post pictures of uniforms, DIADS, or trucks. UPS may however.

One member has reported getting into trouble by UPS for posting UPS pictures. These were pictures he took of UPS equipment while working. UPS held him accountable because he wasn't anonymous.

You probably don't want to take pictures when you should be working.

You should stay anonymous. Don't tell people who you are at Brown Cafe. It is better that they don't know who you are.

OK, post some pics!

tworavens

Thanks for the info. I got a few pics somewhere I can post after I anonymize them a bit. All in good taste, all taken while on break, and hopefully none of you know who I am yet...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Time for a break!.....
IMG_1517.jpg
IMG_1515.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Can you please clarify? I read the thread entitled "Picture Posters Beware!" and am curious as to what the picture guidelines are. Can I post pictures of myself in uniform? My package car? My DIAD? What if I blur the logo and car number?

Apologies if all this has been covered before. Anyone that can point me to a pertinent thread covering pic guidelines?
All pictures are allowed, just as long as YOU can't be identified.

Our (Brown Cafe) guidelines are that pictures have to be in good taste. WE don't care if you post pictures of uniforms, DIADS, or trucks. UPS may however.

One member, (STUG), has reported getting into trouble by UPS for posting UPS pictures. These were pictures he took of UPS equipment while working. UPS held him accountable because he wasn't anonymous.

You probably don't want to take pictures when you should be working.

You should stay anonymous. Don't tell people who you are at Brown Cafe. It is better that they don't know who you are.

OK, post some pics!
Good post and I agree. Post em if ya got em.

Thanks for the info. I got a few pics somewhere I can post after I anonymize them a bit. All in good taste, all taken while on break, and hopefully none of you know who I am yet...
Don't know who you are but your avatar looks like my cousin Danny. LOL

Time for a break!.....
Ha Ha Ha! Scratch, you cracked my wife and me up.:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Scratch.....the outhouse brings back memories for me. We used to visit my cousins in PA. and they had no indoor plumbing. At night before going to bed, we would walk the stepping stones out to the outhouse carrying a flashlight and seeing toads hopping away as we walked. Spooky stuff !!

Someone would always scare us by turning off the flashlight and it was pitch black out, no streetlights.

packagedude

I got nothing!!!! Wait a minute...let me read some some threads...maybe i can come up with something!!!!! if im lucky 33% of the peeps will approve

packagedude

The absolute best Little Johnnie joke
Little Johnnie's neighbour had a baby.
Unfortunately, the baby was born without ears.

When mother and new baby came home from the hospital, Johnnie's family was invited over to see the baby.
Before they left their house, Little Johnnie's dad had a talk with him and explained that the baby had no ears.

His dad also told him that if he so much mentioned anything about the baby's missing ears or even said the word ears, he would get the smacking of his life when they came back home.
Little Johnnie told his dad he understood completely.
When Johnnie looked in the crib he said, "What a beautiful baby."
The mother said, "Why, thank you, Little Johnnie.
Johnnie said, "He has beautiful little feet and beautiful little hands, a cute little nose and really beautiful eyes. Can he see?"

"Yes", the mother replied, "we are so thankful; the Doctor said he will have 20/20 vision."

"That's great", said Little Johnnie,"coz he'd be Screwed if he needed glasses".

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch.....the outhouse brings back memories for me. We used to visit my cousins in PA. and they had no indoor plumbing. At night before going to bed, we would walk the stepping stones out to the outhouse carrying a flashlight and seeing toads hopping away as we walked. Spooky stuff !!

Someone would always scare us by turning off the flashlight and it was pitch black out, no streetlights.

I have a similar story to that too. My wife was born near Baltimore, so we used to go up there and visit her mother's side of the family. They had a beach house "down at the shore". It had a hand pump for water and an outhouse in the back. I had never seen one before.

Those pics above were taken at one of my customers, the local historical society. They were taken behind a 1830s Plantation House. That outhouse was for the "big house". The little shack was the overseers quarters. They also had a separate house in back for a kitchen. The site also includes an old schoolhouse, country store, and replicas of the homes of Native Americans. My delivery area has parts of a Civil War battlefield on it. I can still see where some old trenches and cannon positions. A very famous book and movie came from this area.

Before you post them, blur your face (you never know who is reading here) and your PC #. I wouldn't think blurring the logo is a big deal, it's not like there are other trucks on the road that look like ours.
I think I would make sure my pics were time/date stamped at times when I could prove I was on break. As stupid as it sounds, Stug dang near lost his job over this.

tworavens

Before you post them, blur your face (you never know who is reading here) and your PC #. I wouldn't think blurring the logo is a big deal, it's not like there are other trucks on the road that look like ours.
I think I would make sure my pics were time/date stamped at times when I could prove I was on break. As stupid as it sounds, Stug dang near lost his job over this.

Yah, reading about STUG's brush with termination was what got me to wondering what was safe to post. Don't know if there's much point in posting "Where's my DIAD" pics, but I can do a few for the "How's the view" thread I suppose. Thanks for the advice.

Yah, reading about STUG's brush with termination was what got me to wondering what was safe to post. Don't know if there's much point in posting "Where's my DIAD" pics, but I can do a few for the "How's the view" thread I suppose. Thanks for the advice.
The point of "Where's my DIAD?" is humor and creativity. Both would be tough criteria to beat as STUG has just about covered it all.