White Folks Pandering

vantexan

After reading the collection of posts on this thread what is clear to me is how lazy most poster are in trying to understand a complex social and political situation. Instead of learning, investigating and asking questions they attach themselves to old stereotypes, misunderstanding of meritocracy and privilege denials.
The most interesting element lost on mostly the right-wing so-called conservatives and Trump Republicans is that their sources of grievances are actually identical to those of these traditional oppressed minority classes. They now feel the societal earth underneath them changing and they are mad as hell about it. Yet, this change isn't change to these minority groups. This has been their world for hundreds of years.

The fiction of a meritocracy has always been a reality for them. From racial segregation, glass ceilings, and a systematic racism they have for centuries had to endure what whites in this country have now come to understand. It doesn't matter how hard you work or how much effort you apply, the system is rigged against you. Those who feel they are not so affected are still lucky enough to hold onto some legacy of racial privilege or still loyal to the old structures of that privilege; even though it has left behind as well. Tribalism has become the new political modus operandi.

The tyranny of meritocracy.

Damn, better tell all those hard working black business owners it's all an illusion and they'd be much better off letting a white liberal hold their hand.

Box Ox

Damn, better tell all those hard working black business owners it's all an illusion and they'd be much better off letting a white liberal hold their hand.

They might soon have white hard leftists showing up at their doors offering to chew their food and feed it to them like they're baby birds.

rod

Retired 22 years

"We used to understand that in our melting pot of a country, not everything could be for everyone."

I was one of those kids who was left out of Easter, Halloween, and Christmas events at school. I learned that life is not always fair and that not everything could be for everyone, and I feel it made me a stronger person. Everyone can't be included in everything. It is what it is, and the sooner children learn that fact, the better off they'll be.
My wife says she never had Birthday party in her life until she met me. On our first date I bought her a pack of cigarettes and you would have thought I gave her a diamond ring. Within a week I let her use my 64 Chevy Malibu ( I had a 57 Chevy panel truck I was driving at the time).

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
After reading the collection of posts on this thread what is clear to me is how lazy most poster are in trying to understand a complex social and political situation. Instead of learning, investigating and asking questions they attach themselves to old stereotypes, misunderstanding of meritocracy and privilege denials.
The most interesting element lost on mostly the right-wing so-called conservatives and Trump Republicans is that their sources of grievances are actually identical to those of these traditional oppressed minority classes. They now feel the societal earth underneath them changing and they are mad as hell about it. Yet, this change isn't change to these minority groups. This has been their world for hundreds of years.

The fiction of a meritocracy has always been a reality for them. From racial segregation, glass ceilings, and a systematic racism they have for centuries had to endure what whites in this country have now come to understand. It doesn't matter how hard you work or how much effort you apply, the system is rigged against you. Those who feel they are not so affected are still lucky enough to hold onto some legacy of racial privilege or still loyal to the old structures of that privilege; even though it has left behind as well. Tribalism has become the new political modus operandi.

The tyranny of meritocracy.

Systemic racism does not exist in modern day America. Deal with it.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
They might soon have white hard leftists showing up at their doors offering to chew their food and feed it to them like they're baby birds.
Define "hard left".
Here's my definition; seekers of social, legal and economic justice.
The issue with these values that the simple minded have is they view those qualities as a zero-sum game. It is not. Once you realize that minds have a chance to change.

vantexan

Define "hard left".
Here's my definition; seekers of social, legal and economic justice.
The issue with these values that the simple minded have is they view those qualities as a zero-sum game. It is not. Once you realize that minds have a chance to change.
Seekers of votes who tell minorities how oppressed they are but never seem to solve their problems.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Seekers of votes who tell minorities how oppressed they are but never seem to solve their problems.
Providing information that allows for a reasonable comparisons of one's individual or collective condition isn't some conspiracy to overthrow a just system. It's the exact opposite. Justice rises and falls and is defined by majority rule.

Know the differences.

vantexan

Providing information that allows for a reasonable comparisons of one's individual or collective condition isn't some conspiracy to overthrow a just system. It's the exact opposite. Justice rises and falls and is defined by majority rule.

Know the differences.
Seeking votes by lying and exaggerating in order to get and maintain power is hardly justice.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
What a ph***ing dum ass!
When you call someone a ph***ing dum (it's actually spelled dumb) ass, be sure your not looking in the mirror.

1, Justice rises and falls; Juries can rule for or against a defendant based solely on their beliefs and values irrespective of the evidence presented. It's called "jury nullification". Think O.J Simpson and rape convictions that are are overturned by DNA testing. Think two impeachments against Trump where the evidence was overwhelmingly against him and proved, beyond a reasonable a doubt, he was guilty of high crimes, yet was protected by the high bar set by Senate and constitutional rules of needing a super majority of 66 votes to convict. Senate Republicans effectively engaged in "jury nullification" with their refusal to stand and defend the constitution against presidents who would commit high crimes.

2, The word justice is nearly interchangeable with the rules of law that defines a society's values and beliefs. Reasonableness and fairness lie at the heart of what we consider "justice". Laws are created by legislators at the state and federal level. New laws are passed or repealed by majority voting in those legislative arenas. Whether they are constitutional or not is the job of the courts to decide. State and federal legislators are elected by majority vote.
That's what a democracy is; majority rule. When in a multiparty system the party, and their candidates, that receives the most votes wins. Those that did not, lose and hopefully gracefully and with honor and dignity accept that loss.

But, if this is still too complicated for your kindergarten understand of how our government and society works, here's a couple good videos we used to watch on TV in between saturday morning cartoons. I doubt they will help you though. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
When you call someone a ph***ing dum (it's actually spelled dumb) ass, be sure your not looking in the mirror.

1, Justice rises and falls; Juries can rule for or against a defendant based solely on their beliefs and values irrespective of the evidence presented. It's called "jury nullification". Think O.J Simpson and rape convictions that are are overturned by DNA testing. Think two impeachments against Trump where the evidence was overwhelmingly against him and proved, beyond a reasonable a doubt, he was guilty of high crimes, yet was protected by the high bar set by Senate and constitutional rules of needing a super majority of 66 votes to convict. Senate Republicans effectively engaged in "jury nullification" with their refusal to stand and defend the constitution against presidents who would commit high crimes.

2, The word justice is nearly interchangeable with the rules of law that defines a society's values and beliefs. Reasonableness and fairness lie at the heart of what we consider "justice". Laws are created by legislators at the state and federal level. New laws are passed or repealed by majority voting in those legislative arenas. Whether they are constitutional or not is the job of the courts to decide. State and federal legislators are elected by majority vote.
That's what a democracy is; majority rule. When in a multiparty system the party, and their candidates, that receives the most votes wins. Those that did not, lose and hopefully gracefully and with honor and dignity accept that loss.

But, if this is still too complicated for your kindergarten understand of how our government and society works, here's a couple good videos we used to watch on TV in between saturday morning cartoons. I doubt they will help you though. Fingers crossed.

Hogwash, but funny.