White Guilt - Getting Beyond Race

BrownArmy

I didn’t say dress white...

OK, but you basically said ‘don’t dress black’, with some stereotypes about how ‘the blacks’ dress.

Here’s the thing, you can be gay and hide it, but it’s reallll hard to hide being black.

BBSAM could have been wearing ‘Ivanka Trump’, all the Dad saw was BLACK.

bbsam

Staff member
LOL
You're a Mod so fix this ... I don't think OJ has been murdered yet.

PS - Delete this post after fixing yours please sir.
I don’t believe it is incorrect. You could purposely read it incorrectly but the “murderers of Emmett Till” and “OJ Simpson” are subjects of the interrogative. I think that’s fairly clear.

bbsam

Staff member
OK, but you basically said ‘don’t dress black’, with some stereotypes about how ‘the blacks’ dress.

Here’s the thing, you can be gay and hide it, but it’s reallll hard to hide being black.

BBSAM could have been wearing ‘Ivanka Trump’, all the Dad saw was BLACK.
I did dress white. Everybody did. It was the Cosby era. El DeBarge. Lionel Richie. L.L. Cool J.

People see color. They just do.

El Correcto

god is dead
No it's not. Black "American" culture dates back hundreds of years. Tupac died in 1996. Now explain to me how Tupac = black culture.
It’s more than just 2Pac this goes back into the 80’s and goes mainstream in the 90s with NWA. (Do I need to spell out NWA for you?)

Denying gangster rap as part of a defining moment in black culture is dumb. It literally sprouted from the black ghettos.

bbsam

Staff member
It’s more than just 2Pac this goes back into the 80’s and goes mainstream in the 90s with NWA. (Do I need to spell out NWA for you?)

Denying gangster rap as part of a defining moment in black culture is dumb. It literally sprouted from the black ghettos.
If you wanna believe the hype, so did Vanilla Ice.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Just to be clear, both the murderers of Emmett Till and OJ Simpson were acquitted, correct?
I don’t believe it is incorrect. You could purposely read it incorrectly but the “murderers of Emmett Till” and “OJ Simpson” are subjects of the interrogative. I think that’s fairly clear.
You posted "both the murderers of Emmett Till and OJ Simpson were acquitted".

What am I missing?

BrownArmy

I did dress white. Everybody did. It was the Cosby era. El DeBarge. Lionel Richie. L.L. Cool J.

People see color. They just do.

That was my point, you could dress as white as possible, but dad just saw BLACK.

El DeBarge, thanks for bringing me back!

MAKAVELI

Black ghettos were the result of of socio economic racism. Ttku.....