White Guilt - Getting Beyond Race

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s always hard not to be considered a racist when speaking generally of people or their culture specifically the negative aspects of it.

Gangster rap is definately a branch of black culture in America. I’m not saying it hasn’t sprouted out but when dealing in stereotypes how you dress and speak will say a lot about you.

I know white guys that dress just as stupidly and speak like they dropped out in middle school, I’m sure parents would second guess their daughters dating them as well. For the most part they’d be right.

newfie

Trump Bill Clinton* is just a butthole, nothing special about him. Loud mouth :censored2: who if he wasn’t rich would be doing time for sexual assault, and on the sex offender watch list

could do something similar

*fixed it for you

Last edited by a moderator:

bbsam

Staff member
You posted "both the murderers of Emmett Till and OJ Simpson were acquitted".

What am I missing?
There are two subjects to the question. First is the group of men that equate to the “ murderers of Emmett Till”. Second is OJ Simpson.

I asked if both subjects were acquitted.

The first quotation in the thread suggested first that the murderers of Emmett Till had been acquitted.

It went on to erroneously suggest that OJ had not been charged with murder.

In fact, in both cases, the wealthy and the privileged were surprisingly acquitted by a justice system that didn’t care much about the color of skin so much as power and money.

Steele’s hypotheses is a farce in that it centers around race and “white guilt”. The disparity in the justice system is economic and class.

However, “separate but equal” remains unequal and the attempts to roll back affirmative action with the preposterous claim that it is by nature prejudicial, will only highlight that fact further.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
... the wealthy and the privileged were surprisingly acquitted by a justice system that didn’t care much about the color of skin so much as power and money.

Steele’s hypotheses is a farce in that it centers around race and “white guilt”. The disparity in the justice system is economic and class.
Agree 100%

newfie

There are two subjects to the question. First is the group of men that equate to the “ murderers of Emmett Till”. Second is OJ Simpson.

I asked if both subjects were acquitted.

The first quotation in the thread suggested first that the murderers of Emmett Till had been acquitted.

It went on to erroneously suggest that OJ had not been charged with murder.

In fact, in both cases, the wealthy and the privileged were surprisingly acquitted by a justice system that didn’t care much about the color of skin so much as power and money.

However, “separate but equal” remains unequal and the attempts to roll back affirmative action with the preposterous claim that it is by nature prejudicial, will only highlight that fact further.

you would compare Emmitt Till in 60's Mississippi to OJ in 90's California to make that argument?

BrownArmy

Whatever ... still not relevant to this thread's subject.

But like you pointed out earlier ... it's more about class disparity than racism.

Right, but it’s a Venn Diagram and ‘class disparity’ and ‘racism’ occupy the same overlap.

No one is saying that ‘the powers that be’ did this on purpose.

(Actually, a lot of people say that, and they’re not entirely incorrect).

I think you’re underestimating the permanent and systemic repurcussions of institutionalized racism.

Think about it - what year did it finally become legal for mixed-race marriages to occur?

Seriously?

I love America, but we haven’t come to terms with our racist past, present, and future.

Sad.

bbsam

Staff member
That's because the prejudice is based on class so whether the people in power are Black, White or whatever is not important.
It is important if societal structures are such that minorities are unfairly burdened by zoning, laws, enforcement of laws, or the implementation of government.

And yes, that does happen.