Who are you voting for in 2021. Sean o'Brien or the other guy

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It's the membership's fault.

The Teamster’s nomination and election process will always provide senior (old) leadership, it takes decades of experience even to vaguely understand on what the hell you are doing.

You are not going to find a under 40 candidate running for the general president office no matter how smart they are. Just study our membership and understand that most of the voting will be done by high seniority male members to benefit high seniority male members. The concept of Brotherhood went out the door many moons ago.

It would be great if we could get a visionary in office that will take the high road instead of spouting the same old sound bites that we have heard before. This election will be more interesting with Hoffa retiring..

Got my Teamster mag today, I actually read the campaign promises from both tickets in the back. Both are stating getting rid of that 3/4 rule,
Looks like it will be a contest between the Western Conference and the Eastern, the Central and the Southern Conferences with Canada splitting their vote. I know it is a generalization but what the hell trying to keep it simple.

The OZ ticket did state that they were going to try to eliminate that 22.4 language or two tier package car position. The Vairma ticket will have to separate themselves from the outgoing Hoffa administration, particularly with the UPS vote. I believe that it is O’Brien’s team that has the advantage, considering that Zuckerman nearly beat Hoffa in the last one and that was before the last UPS contract debacle.

What'dyabringmetoday???

The Teamster’s nomination and election process will always provide senior (old) leadership, it takes decades of experience even to vaguely understand on what the hell you are doing.

You are not going to find a under 40 candidate running for the general president office no matter how smart they are. Just study our membership and understand that most of the voting will be done by high seniority male members to benefit high seniority male members. The concept of Brotherhood went out the door many moons ago.

It would be great if we could get a visionary in office that will take the high road instead of spouting the same old sound bites that we have heard before. This election will be more interesting with Hoffa retiring..

Got my Teamster mag today, I actually read the campaign promises from both tickets in the back. Both are stating getting rid of that 3/4 rule,
Looks like it will be a contest between the Western Conference and the Eastern, the Central and the Southern Conferences with Canada splitting their vote. I know it is a generalization but what the hell trying to keep it simple.

The OZ ticket did state that they were going to try to eliminate that 22.4 language or two tier package car position. The Vairma ticket will have to separate themselves from the outgoing Hoffa administration, particularly with the UPS vote. I believe that it is O’Brien’s team that has the advantage, considering that Zuckerman nearly beat Hoffa in the last one and that was before the last UPS contract debacle.
Look what decades of experience has given you for results.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I saw that. However, I don't see that gaining any traction without the real threat of a nationwide strike

Once a bad language article gets into a contract ... it may take decades to reverse the damage if ever...

We may have to live with this 22.4 driving position. Remember that the negotiation committees approved it without any objection.
I do not see them drawing the line except to provide more protections similar to the RPCD’s.

Been through enough of these general elections and really expecting nothing different with the next one. Is the Vairma team going to disassociate themselves from the Hoffa administration? that could be a turning point. Otherwise O’Brien is a shoe in, a lot also depends on what Washington does with the multi pension bailout, next on the schedule.