Who decides if I DR at the gate or forced to go all the way to the house ?

Pablo Escobar

Just took a rural route. I’ve never been on a route that has so many gates with roads to the house anywhere from one mile up to about 4-5 miles. I’ve got some gate codes but to actually go in each gate would put me out a couple extra hours each day. I’m already doing 9-10 hrs a day and DR at as many gates as I can. The driver before was doing way less stops so I guess he had the time. No complaints yet but just want know if the gate is the best place to DR

Just took a rural route. I’ve never been on a route that has so many gates with roads to the house anywhere from one mile up to about 4-5 miles. I’ve got some gate codes but to actually go in each gate would put me out a couple extra hours each day. I’m already doing 9-10 hrs a day and DR at as many gates as I can. The driver before was doing way less stops so I guess he had the time. No complaints yet but just want know if the gate is the best place to DR
Ask him what he did.

BUCN85

If a gate is closed. I’m bagging it and if possible placing it on the other side of the gate. I’m not going to mess around with gate codes unless it has been specifically requested by the customer to do so

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If a gate is closed. I’m bagging it and if possible placing it on the other side of the gate. I’m not going to mess around with gate codes unless it has been specifically requested by the customer to do so

Yep.

I know some drivers that horde access code information so other drivers don't burn up

their route. It would be up to the customer to provide that info, so it can be put in the DIAD.

If drivers are bagging and dropping pkgs at the gate.... they just need to properly record it.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If the gates closed, I'm bagging it and placing the parcel OUTSIDE of the gate. A few weeks ago I reached over the gate and the dog bit me. Not going to happen again.

raceanoncr

Ask Supes and Manglers. Put the ball in THEIR court.

Years ago, I made a decision that saved a lot of time and money for company. Went back and told em. They said "Don't EVER do that again. Let US make the decisions."

OK. 30 years in, I STILL made them make every itty, bitty decision.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Years ago, I made a decision that saved a lot of time and money for company. Went back and told em. They said "Don't EVER do that again. Let US make the decisions."

Ha !

I remember a pkg division manager that was the same way.

He would tell drivers "We don't need your help, thoughts, or suggestions"

We run the business.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You have too many stops. Previous driver was gate dumping.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They always think we are out to screw them. Heaven forbid that actually listen to a common sense idea.

You know how they are.

They will step over a dollar, to pick up a dime.

You could have a million dollar idea.... but if they didn't think of it, Oh well.

Zowert

Bag it and toss it over the gate. They know their Chinese made crap from Amazon is coming. They should have a lockbox out in front on their gate or something.

I remember going on this rural route where a customer with a mile long driveway left several notes. First one was: Deliver to front porch, do not leave at gate.. Then the next was a phone number, no gate code. I call, they don’t answer. Fine, I leave an info notice at the gate. Then as I’m driving away they call back. “I need my package today!” Fine what is your gate code? They give it to me. Turns out to be wrong, I call them back,

“ma’am your gate code doesn’t work.”

“That’s because it’s the old code.”

“Well how about the current one..?”

Gives me the new one. I finally get in and drive up this long driveway that has thick brush and trees beating the hell out of the package car. By the time I got out of there I lost 25 minutes and had to sweep all the branches and leaves out of the cab.

They never used the words “please” or “thank you” or even “sorry” for giving me the wrong gate code. Just demanded I leave their crap on their porch.

Take care of the landscaping along your driveway you ungrateful fux!

Last edited:
Bag it and toss it over the gate. They know their Chinese made crap from Amazon is coming. They should have a lockbox out in front on their gate or something.

I remember going on this rural route where a customer with a mile long driveway left several notes. First one was: Deliver to front porch, do not leave at gate.. Then the next was a phone number, no gate code. I call, they don’t answer. Fine, I leave an info notice at the gate. Then as I’m driving away they call back. “I need my package today!” Fine what is your gate code? They give it to me. Turns out to be wrong, I call them back “Oh that was the old one.” Give me the new one. I finally get in and drive up this long driveway that has thick brush and trees beating the hell out of the package car. By the time I got out of there I lost 25 minutes and had to sweep all the branches and leaves out of the cab.

They never used the words “please” or “thank you” or even “sorry” for giving me the wrong gate code. Just demanded I leave their crap on their porch.

Take care of the landscaping along your driveway you ungrateful fux!
upload_2018-7-20_10-38-2.png

Most people have that innate desire, to do a good job and be rewarded for it.

When that doesn't happen....

You become a BUG. :biggrin:

That was you're only mistake.

Unless the company is paying your phone bill, or providing one....

NI 1.
Guess I don't know what needs to be done after a few decades. I'm sure IE knows much better .

Indecisi0n

Leaving stuff at gates is not a method. Have management tell you to leave them at gates in front of your rep. If something goes missing technically you be found at fault.