Who else is still dealing with Force in Saturdays?

PPH_over_9000

Seriously I tell you what
They told me that crap here I'll be doing four stops an hour on Saturday until you take me not to ever working on Saturday again
Grow up hair and shove it up your ass until you get out of hours

So then pull some 4-stop-an-hour days and deal with the harassment and micromanagement and overmanagement and the forced office interactions that come with it.

:censored2:, you're a real RPCD. That :censored2: won't rattle you, won't stress you out. :censored2:'ll be like spinach for popeye when you see how your paycheck prospers.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Lol WTF kind of schedule is that? what kind of Rinky dink taco stand are they running at that local? Just a blanket everyone is forced every week? Eff that
The only way you end up with discipline to grieve... Is to not show up to work.

Seems like the sort of problem that would fix itself.

21Savage

Lol WTF kind of schedule is that? what kind of Rinky dink taco stand are they running at that local? Just a blanket everyone is forced every week? Eff that
We have some trash bulliten board in my center that posts mesaages like that plus the staffing sheet and some random other bs.

Thebrownblob

So then pull some 4-stop-an-hour days and deal with the harassment and micromanagement and overmanagement and the forced office interactions that come with it.

:censored2:, you're a real RPCD. That :censored2: won't rattle you, won't stress you out. :censored2:'ll be like spinach for popeye when you see how your paycheck prospers.
Been there, done that, I have the shirt! I always found it a challenge. Maybe I was lucky and didn’t have ones that were smart enough to ever make it stick, but I had quite a few.

Thebrownblob

The only way you end up with discipline to grieve... Is to not show up to work.

Seems like the sort of problem that would fix itself.
When they were forcing everyone in our building for a couple years, I basically told people it was all a paper tiger They really couldn’t afford to fire anyone much they could not staff Saturdays. Nothing ever came from any discipline on a sixth day call in.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I honestly like the 4 stops an hour. Then when they pull you into the office, bring stew and tell em you're exhausted from already working 5 days, and probably unsafe to be on the road Saturdays.

PPH_over_9000

When they were forcing everyone in our building for a couple years, I basically told people it was all a paper tiger They really couldn’t afford to fire anyone much they could not staff Saturdays. Nothing ever came from any discipline on a sixth day call in.

Seems the same around 639, the only add-on I can offer is that they do everything in their power to make you feel like you're going to lose your job.

It's really a game of stress management, but the real problem comes into play when you find yourself in a situation where they're not just :censored2:ing with you and your job is actually on the line.

That's why I've come to work like I have an on-road following me to each and every stop. My biggest struggle is awkward customer interactions but I like to think I'm getting better with them.

Thebrownblob

Seems the same around 639, the only add-on I can offer is that they do everything in their power to make you feel like you're going to lose your job.

It's really a game of stress management, but the real problem comes into play when you find yourself in a situation where they're not just :censored2:ing with you and your job is actually on the line.

That's why I've come to work like I have an on-road following me to each and every stop. My biggest struggle is awkward customer interactions but I like to think I'm getting better with them.
Yep classic management 101 99% of the time they’re full of :censored2: until you’ve done something they can really hang you for and then they want to bring all that stuff back up.

PPH_over_9000

But if you follow the methods you'll be good.
@PPH_over_9000 , you don't need to be Mr. Attentive to the customer. Be polite, and move on.
I'm learning that.

It seems the more words I use the worse the situation gets, so I try to keep it as simple as it can be.

Most problematic situations start with "Hey there! So I'm here to pick up a package for [John], do you guys have it ready for me?" And, well, short answer is no, they don't have it ready for me but they'd like me to wait a moment (which turns into 10) while they call John. Normally they ask what it is, though. What it looks like. What it's supposed to be.

And all I can say is "Ma'am, I have no idea what's going to be in the package but it should look like the typical boxes and bags you tend to receive."

People.... well... they really don't like that kind of answer.

21Savage

Ehh if you know you're right you can talk to customers however you want and get away with it. Just gotta play it smart and realize when to speak up and when to fall back.