Who has filed grievances, for what, and what was the outcome?

Bloodybrown

I have only filed once but it was one of those deals where a bunch of us (most of the drivers) filed together on one grievance. Kind of like a class action lawsuit. Other than that I've solved alot of problems by simply mentioning or hinting at filing a grievance.

It sounds like you talk things through, thats how it should be!!

Mike Hawk

I have 80-90 hours of sup working grievances waiting to be heard, most of it will go to a driver that wasn't allowed to come in early on the preload because of 9.5 grievances and a shuttle driver that wasn't called to shuttle misloads/deliver bulk. There are a few others regarding lower seniority employees being worked on extra shifts ahead of me.

atatbl

They didn't give me credit for 7 months of cover driving. All of that time is supposed to be included in progression.
The other thing they didn't do was, when I went to full time I should have started at 75% of top driver (18.90/hr), they started me at the bottom of the pay scale.

That would be about 15 grand then right?

I have filed 4 ( I think) on over 9.5 hours worked. All are still pending, on their way to the national committee I understand.
No idea how many hours are involved ( I do have records) because it isn't about the money.

Trpl, is it about the principle?
Yes Upstate, that and I don't want to work that many hours. The company signed a contract as did the union (our representative) that if we did not want excessive overtime (identified as over 9.5 hours worked for three or more days per week) that we had the right to file and be paid @ triple time for the excess. This is supposed to be an incentive for the company to control overtime. They expect me to work within the contract, I expect them to also.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
3 more last night, excessive overtime, not following senroity for Sat air, and a route that the bidding driver has not taken ( he bids off his major university run every year, but nevers moves, his perks at the university are too great, free shoes when nike supplies the b-ball team, $25 on student meal card every month, free messages from sports med staff, weight room privlages etc etc etc). I avg 2 a month

not really much in the contract about job expectations. What parts of the contract do you feel the company holds you accountable for.
That's just the point (kind of), one never knows what they might throw at you. It just depends on who you piss off. But for example they expect me to take an record a full hour of meal time, want one of not. They expect me to maintain a certain appearance standard. I'm sure if I wanted to spend the time to think on it more I could come up with others. And possibley I should have stated my position a little differently. They want to violate the contract on many turn, yet want to make up ambiguous rules that are not mentioned (sometimes not allowed) in the contract.
OK, continue your nitpicking.

I

I Tim 6 vs 6

I have a grievance waiting to be heard by the panel on pay progression. The company has told me since I went from pt to feeders and not Package, my time as a temp driver will not count towards progression. It's only 7 weeks, but with the $10 an hour difference in top pay and progression rate, that comes out to be about $3000. I'll post when the decision comes down

M

MOCAL

That's just the point (kind of), one never knows what they might throw at you. It just depends on who you piss off. But for example they expect me to take an record a full hour of meal time, want one of not. They expect me to maintain a certain appearance standard. I'm sure if I wanted to spend the time to think on it more I could come up with others. And possibly I should have stated my position a little differently. They want to violate the contract on many turn, yet want to make up ambiguous rules that are not mentioned (sometimes not allowed) in the contract.
OK, continue your nitpicking.

Maybe you forget that you are working for a company. The company isnt working for you. Yes...you are right, both sides of the agreement need to be met, but everything in the contract was put into place because someone has questioned it at some point in the company's history. The dress code was founded long before your mom and dad even thought about you...it is kind of part of why we are called "brown." If the company didnt enforce such an "ambiguous rule." You could sport a goatee, some classy white socks, possibly some orange and blue nike jogging sneakers...all put toghether, I am sure none of your customers would question your neat and tidy appearance. My point is this: the company doesnt look for stupid little petty rules to put in place just to piss you off. Those rules are part of what have kept us alive for 101 years. Not to mention the blood sweat and tears that others before you have shed while wearing brown. Maybe tomorrow when you go to work, you should take a look in the mirror and look for wrinkles in your shirt, not what you can wear that your sup might not notice.

Maybe you forget that you are working for a company. The company isnt working for you. Yes...you are right, both sides of the agreement need to be met, but everything in the contract was put into place because someone has questioned it at some point in the company's history. The dress code was founded long before your mom and dad even thought about you...it is kind of part of why we are called "brown." If the company didnt enforce such an "ambiguous rule." You could sport a goatee, some classy white socks, possibly some orange and blue nike jogging sneakers...all put toghether, I am sure none of your customers would question your neat and tidy appearance. My point is this: the company doesnt look for stupid little petty rules to put in place just to piss you off. Those rules are part of what have kept us alive for 101 years. Not to mention the blood sweat and tears that others before you have shed while wearing brown. Maybe tomorrow when you go to work, you should take a look in the mirror and look for wrinkles in your shirt, not what you can wear that your sup might not notice.
The ambiguous rules come in different flavors on different days. One day it is SPORH, the next it could be NO over 9.5s and NO missed stops (even though you have been sent out with 11 hours work) NO EXCEPTIONS. Then in a day or two it's "you have to know verbatim the 147 point commentary or face discipline." Those are ambiguous rules, made up for whatever HOT TOPIC someone thinks up. I don't think these things are made up just to piss people off, no they are made up by someone that may have never delivered a package in their life and for some reason unknown to anyone else think it's gonna save the company from demise.

I didn't say the dress code was ambiguous, that is clearly stated and documented. I said that the dress code is part of the contract the company holds us accountable for.