Who is better for UPS union employees (On topic, please)

Who are you voting for

• FZ TU slate

• H-H slate

• FZ

• H

Results are only viewable after voting.

22.34life

It won't be the union that takes the company to strike when it happens next but vice versa.the company is preparing themselves with automated buildings,technology in facilities that take away any skill from the job.loaders don't check anymore the scanners do that for u.the next generation small sort does the same thing.the job is getting dummie proff.i just hope our union is preparing like the company,because in 10 -15 years the company is gonna take the unions best and last offer and tell the negotiation committee to stick it up there a@$.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Wide load s pension is guaranteed by UPS ! Don't entertain his comments! This is a question u ask yourself? Am I happy with the way I am being represented ? Is UPS what it was 15 years ago ? Do you feel like u can retire here in these working conditions? Has the grievance process in the recent years benefited the MEMBERS ? You have answered your question ! There is a new choice! And no I'm not supporting TDU I'm a Member supporter!!!!!?
Wow, just when I thought we weeded out the village idiots. UPS isn't what it was yesterday! Do you want it to be? Because we'd be out of business. What does my pension have to do with anything? I'll be retiring from ups as a millionaire. So beat it!

twoweeled

It won't be the union that takes the company to strike when it happens next but vice versa.the company is preparing themselves with automated buildings,technology in facilities that take away any skill from the job.loaders don't check anymore the scanners do that for u.the next generation small sort does the same thing.the job is getting dummie proff.i just hope our union is preparing like the company,because in 10 -15 years the company is gonna take the unions best and last offer and tell the negotiation committee to stick it up there a@$.
I think your totally correct. I just don't think it's 10-15 years away. UPS works a lot faster than that. The union is concern with continuing to represent UPS employees, not so much getting good contracts. I don't believe the IBT has any interest in preparing for a strike, losing monthly dues, PAYING OUT OF THE STRIKE FUND, and risking being thrown out. The IBT would rather tell us we're not in a position to strike, compare us to other underpaid companies/employees convincing us how lucky we are.
Just watch how long it takes before active employee start to pay for healthcare. It may even be this next contract. It will start out very small. The Union will tell us how lucky we are to pay a small amount. "Everybody else is paying for healthcare". Then it will quickly go up from there, once the door is open.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think your totally correct. I just don't think it's 10-15 years away. UPS works a lot faster than that. The union is concern with continuing to represent UPS employees, not so much getting good contracts. I don't believe the IBT has any interest in preparing for a strike, losing monthly dues, PAYING OUT OF THE STRIKE FUND, and risking being thrown out. The IBT would rather tell us we're not in a position to strike, compare us to other underpaid companies/employees convincing us how lucky we are.
Just watch how long it takes before active employee start to pay for healthcare. It may even be this next contract. It will start out very small. The Union will tell us how lucky we are to pay a small amount. "Everybody else is paying for healthcare". Then it will quickly go up from there, once the door is open.
It starts in 2017, when we begin to pay an unprecedented co-pay for our reduced level healthcare.

Welcome to TeamCare.
Thanks Hoffa

~Bbbl~™

twoweeled

this information was available to us when the healthcare changed. $200 deductible starting next year (2018).
right! That was a minor step compared to what's coming, I think. I was really asking about any news on upcoming contract. I know it's over a year away, but they like to put out their weather balloons. Once we start paying, it'll NEVER stop.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
this information was available to us when the healthcare changed. $200 deductible starting next year (2018).
It starts in January (2017) , and it's just the beginning.

Anybody else think it's a little more than a coincidence that this will start after the General Election ?

twoweeled

It starts in January (2017) , and it's just the beginning.

Anybody else think it's a little more than a coincidence that this will start after the General Election ?
Regarding new implementations involving UPS and/or the Union, there are very few unplanned coincidences. Very few, if any!! Especially around election time. Everything in politics, is virtually an ongoing chess match.

I voted against the team that chose not to include the right to strike as part of our last contract negotiation - where the part timers got (CENSORED) again with healthcare benefit cuts and a lousy increase in the starting wage.
If the drivers want better loaders and helpers, we need to negotiate better wages and benefits to part time employees.
I'm voting for you. You get it.