Who is better for UPS union employees (On topic, please)

Who are you voting for

• FZ TU slate

• H-H slate

• FZ

• H

Results are only viewable after voting.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
There were local riders that had specific issues they were trying to resolve. Instead of doing things the right way, h just forced it down their throats. From what I read their demands were far from unrealistic.

You must have been in the selfish, where is my back pay check already group

Also now that we can't strike what threat do we have or move do we have to prevent being screwed? Under whose watch did that happen?
Still waiting for your proof face face.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Because it was obvious by the vote totals that it was never required.
A strike authorization was never required, because the Union was sitting on the same side of the table as the Company, negotiating against the membership.

The fix was in from the beginning, when the Company realized that Union could not allow all UPS employees into the company healthcare plan, because to do so would be the demise of many small local and regionally autonomous healthcare plans across the country.

Many of the "talking heads" on this site for the status quo tell us that "the company wanted out of the healthcare business", I don't believe that they cared either way.
The company simply wanted us all, or none of us, in their plan for maximum buying power.
I submit, had the Company truly wanted out of HC, the Union would have had a significant bargaining chip.

Instead we ended up in an inferior Union healthcare plan and incurred multiple concessions in many other areas of the contract when the script was flipped.

Make no mistake, we were duped.
Thanks Hoffa

twoweeled

Because it was obvious by the vote totals that it was never required.
That may have been obvious to you. What was obvious to me, was that the IBT didn't want to strike. The IBT was going to avoid that option entirely.
The vote totals were far from overwhelmingly in favor of the contract. What many were in favor with, appears to be different in many areas than we were told.

twoweeled

Did anyone, honestly feel the Union fighting the company?
The only thing we felt, was the IBT and UPS fighting us! It was us
against the IBT and UPS. We would have had a harder fight with the IBT than UPS, if we wanted to strike.
We were toast, from the beginning.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That may have been obvious to you. What was obvious to me, was that the IBT didn't want to strike. The IBT was going to avoid that option entirely.
The vote totals were far from overwhelmingly in favor of the contract. What many were in favor with, appears to be different in many areas than we were told.
Yep, the National Master passed barely, due to a misinformation blitz, and 18 supplements failed.

Yet somehow, these guys think there was never any need for a strike authorization?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Did anyone, honestly feel the Union fighting the company?
The only thing we felt, was the IBT and UPS fighting us! It was us
against the IBT and UPS. We would have had a harder fight with the IBT than UPS, if we wanted to strike.
We were toast, from the beginning.
The reason you feel that way is the whole world is against you

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Somehow he is correct. The fix was in
Hoffa took a dive.
It was a joke Doughboy.

hook.jpg

wide load

A strike authorization was never required, because the Union was sitting on the same side of the table as the Company, negotiating against the membership.

The fix was in from the beginning, when the Company realized that Union could not allow all UPS employees into the company healthcare plan, because to do so would be the demise of many small local and regionally autonomous healthcare plans across the country.

Many of the "talking heads" on this site for the status quo tell us that "the company wanted out of the healthcare business", I don't believe that they cared either way.
The company simply wanted us all, or none of us, in their plan for maximum buying power.
I submit, had the Company truly wanted out of HC, the Union would have had a significant bargaining chip.

Instead we ended up in an inferior Union healthcare plan and incurred multiple concessions in many other areas of the contract when the script was flipped.

Make no mistake, we were duped.
Thanks Hoffa
Nah, you and TDU were duped. Majority was cool with it.

wide load

Strike has always been a last resort not a primary option. Can you post the vote totals?