Who is better for UPS union employees (On topic, please)

Who are you voting for

• FZ TU slate

• H-H slate

• FZ

• H

Results are only viewable after voting.

twoweeled

Yep, the National Master passed barely, due to a misinformation blitz, and 18 supplements failed.

Yet somehow, these guys think there was never any need for a strike authorization?
When Carey called for the strike authorization, UPS had to go back to the drawing table. The game was now changed, and UPS knew it. UPS didn't like Carey, and Carey didn't like UPS. UPS was now dealing with someone who would call the strike.
With Hoffa it was totally different. Hoffa is a friend of UPS. They were working together to try and get the minimum passed. There never was a fight between the IBT and UPS.
Even if Hoffa had called for a strike authorization. UPS would've called the bluff, and Hoffa wouldn't have called a strike.
We were done from the beginning.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
When Carey called for the strike authorization, UPS had to go back to the drawing table. The game was now changed, and UPS knew it. UPS didn't like Carey, and Carey didn't like UPS. UPS was now dealing with someone who would call the strike.

You have a selective memory....

Or, you are listening to a "jaded" story.

-Bug-

UniteandWin

I am a Teamster historian, IF YOU THINK HOFFA SR. WOULD HAVE PUT UP WITH ANY CONCESSIONS FROM UPS, KNOWING THIER PROFIT MARGINS, AND NOT BE READY TO STRIKE, YOU KNOW KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HIS CHARACTER

Sent using BrownCafe App

twoweeled

I am a Teamster historian, IF YOU THINK HOFFA SR. WOULD HAVE PUT UP WITH ANY CONCESSIONS FROM UPS, KNOWING THIER PROFIT MARGINS, AND NOT BE READY TO STRIKE, YOU KNOW KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HIS CHARACTER

Sent using BrownCafe App
Difficult to believe Hoffa Jr and Hoffa Sr are related, isn't it?

twoweeled

97? Wtf are you talking about, i'm talking about the NMA.
I'm talking about the necessity to strike and the strategies and results from being able to strike.
Did you forget what you said? You were talking about Striking and it being a last resort. Not sure what your point was, but that's what you addressed. May wanna start using sticky notes!

twoweeled

97? Wtf are you talking about, i'm talking about the NMA.
looking back, I did mix up the issues. Strike and vote. putting that aside. do you have those numbers from the last contract negotiations? I seem to recall it didn't go over and the IBT had to go on a country tour and give meetings explaining how they had sweeten the deal. I don't recall the numbers. Do you hve those numbers?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
looking back, I did mix up the issues. Strike and vote. putting that aside. do you have those numbers from the last contract negotiations? I seem to recall it didn't go over and the IBT had to go on a country tour and give meetings explaining how they had sweeten the deal. I don't recall the numbers. Do you hve those numbers?
That was in the Central Region, and Monica knew what you were talking about.

The National Master passed, barely (which is what you were talking about), while 18 supplements went down, including the Central, the largest region in the Union.

twoweeled

You have a selective memory....

Or, you are listening to a "jaded" story.

-Bug-
Do you have the contract voting numbers? I'm curious as to how overwhelming it was, it Andy had to go around the country giving meetings about how they had sweeten the deal. I just don't recall the numbers. Do you have them?

twoweeled

That was in the Central Region, and Monica knew what you were talking about.
Yeah, I assumed he did. But I know the first round of negotiations didn't go over, let alone overwhelmingly in favor of proposal. If it had been overwhelming, Andy from the IBT wouldn't have been putting on those seminars. Andy told me face to face (literally) there would be no difference between active employee and retired employee healthcare insurance. Ask someone who's retired about just the prescription cost difference.
Everyone now knows we were lied too. It's just some people are willing to accept it. But far from everyone!
The active employees paying for part of their healthcare will be next.
Just Watch!

Last edited:

DOK

Fred is probably best for UPS, because of his weak contracts he has negotiated. Tim S can't get his local people working, until he had help from his opponents, which is also good for UPS.

If you want what is good for UPS, vote teamsters united slate

Did Tim S have anything to do with that unauthorized half of a day ups strike in nyc a few years ago?

Just curious, was that his local?

upsbrown-2009

Wide load s pension is guaranteed by UPS ! Don't entertain his comments! This is a question u ask yourself? Am I happy with the way I am being represented ? Is UPS what it was 15 years ago ? Do you feel like u can retire here in these working conditions? Has the grievance process in the recent years benefited the MEMBERS ? You have answered your question ! There is a new choice! And no I'm not supporting TDU I'm a Member supporter!!!!!?