Who is excited to work your vacations due to Corona?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yes the third one is clear regarding "banking". But the eighth one is clear also. "...later is forced". I am agreeing with your point but you are missing mine- or refusing to admit what was an obvious gimme by Denis.

I personally believe that's for supplements, that already have that language.

It's even confused TDU.

But.... their criticism is more of a footnote, in an actual positive assessment.

New COVID-19 Side Deal Lets UPSers Work Vacations

And as far as your last snide comment- that is actually happening. They're referring to it as dishonesty as they do with everything now. Yeah- not sure how it's considered that either. Oh well.

There are 2 kinds of people in the world.... wolves and sheep.

UPS knows who they are. Simple as that.

What'dyabringmetoday???

It's even confused TDU.

But.... their criticism is more of a footnote, in an actual positive assessment.

Sorry but it doesn't specify certain supplements. Union once again gave UPS what they wanted. Which company basically funds these Teamster multi- employer pensions? Hmmmm...

What'dyabringmetoday???

It's even confused TDU.

Yes- UPS knows exactly who the sheep are. Denis T being the one out in front of his flock...

iruhnman630

They asked for voluntary 1 week layoffs the same day the vacation payout sheet came out.

Which is it...too many people or not enough people?

Some people will take the payouts because they need the money

542thruNthru

Sorry but it doesn't specify certain supplements. Union once again gave UPS what they wanted. Which company basically funds these Teamster multi- employer pensions? Hmmmm...

Reading it again it seems to say that forced or mutually agreed to working and pay will be subject to supp, rider, or addendum.

So I believe the MOU is saying that it must be allowed in your supp to be able to work it or be forced to work it and if it is it will be at the rate of what the supp states.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
how dare you
Oh man, you're in that dump? Did you make sure to like your Sup's posts on Facebook?
1562602035642.jpg

What'dyabringmetoday???

Reading it again it seems to say that forced or mutually agreed to working and pay will be subject to supp, rider, or addendum.

So I believe the MOU is saying that it must be allowed in your supp to be able to work it or be forced to work it and if it is it will be at the rate of what the supp states.
And as usual it is worded in a way that UPS will twist it in their favor. Hey- I hope it doesn't happen but look how far backwards we have gone. Oh wait- we get paid well. Disregard.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

*About a 1 week window to sign up in.

*Full time only. Hmmm. I guess the part timers, who handle 3 to 4 times the number of packages the drivers each do, are immune to this virus so they wont need the protection of banking their vacations.

The MOU opened the door for the company to staff their operation with double dippers who will be exposed to the general populus even more while still working instead of actually taking vacation where they can choose to limit their personal exposure.

And now we are seeing massive volumes of surepost being subcontracted to the post office so that the company doesnt have to advance pt timers into full time jobs.

Too bad we cant take a voluntary lay off for 8 weeks, have our healthcare paid, and draw unemployment + the $600/wk to make a point. Americans need work. I thought that was what the union stood for? Dignity, strength in numbers, solidarity? Carrying the company's golf clubs too?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
After 10 days an employee can use any and all accrued personal paid time. After it's exhausted: STD.

Back to work.

Sick from the virus again? STD to LTD after 6 months.

It would be a great sentiment to add the 8 weeks of extended healthcare benefits to the 12 month period after contracting (and having complications from) the Corona virus.

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Is it possible that a UPS employee may have to quarantine more than once under CDC guidelines, or for more than 10 work days?
Thinking out of the box, and to your point, i might ask what is the probability and available info regarding this scenario?