Who is excited to work your vacations due to Corona?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes.

Probably not more than 10 consecutive work days, but, more than one time?

Yes.

I'll ask the question that I think you're hinting to but did not ask.

Will you get paid for these 10 work days if forced to quarantine on more than one occasion?
Bingo!!!

....and it's possible in some scenarios they won't have benefits unless they pay COBRA, or are actually the one that is sick.

I doubt many took advantage of it, but it was an option/benefit that wasn't required contractually that was negotiated by the Teamsters with UPS.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Bingo!!!

....and it's possible in some scenarios they won't have benefits unless they pay COBRA, or are actually the one that is sick.

I doubt many took advantage of it, but it was an option/benefit that wasn't required contractually that was negotiated by the Teamsters with UPS.
Most would still have short term disability available to them, which would also cover healthcare though right?

Sadly many can't survive for long with only the 460 bucks disability pays for most of us.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Most would still have short term disability available to them, which would also cover healthcare though right?
....and FMLA in some scenarios?

My reference was to more obscure situations that would not qualify you for short term disability or FMLA.

....and as you already stated, short term disability doesn't pay well, while FMLA doesn't pay at all.

This MOU allows full time employees an option outside the tradition ones available.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

My reference was to more obscure situations that would not qualify you for short term disability or FMLA.

....and as you already stated, short term disability doesn't pay well, while FMLA doesn't pay at all.

This MOU allows full time employees an option outside the tradition ones available.
I think it's good they have the option I don't really understand people's complaints tbh.

I was thinking about banking an early week just because everything is closed and I don't want to sit around the house.

Bingo!!!

Personally I think it was a company's way of trying to have more workers to work during the summer time because we're going to get slammed

you know damn well if it didn’t benefit ups In someway they wouldn’t have done it
They don’t do a whole lot because it’s the right thing to do
We already get an extra two weeks off for a Corona virus I don't need the bank all my vacations for income protection. I also have sick days and personal days left and I'm not poor and broke like many of these other drivers are

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bingo!!!

And now....

@What'dyabringmetoday??? can focus on you.

Nothing more than a Union sellout.

:biggrin:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Personally I think it was a company's way of trying to have more workers to work during the summer time because we're going to get slammed
FMLA would keep your healthcare intact, if you are personally affected or the person responsible for the care giving.

Disability plus unemployment isnt too bad. One of our drivers is getting about $1145 a week. If it goes to LTD its 850+ 600ish (plus with a possible $600 government unemployment boost?) itll be good compensation. Teamcare is good for a year on disability.

So, back to the original issue of only full time employees being able to take advantage of the "bank". Do part time employees get LTD and if this is about protecting valued essential personnel supporting or on the front lines I guess the part timers aren't valued are they?

Sorry. @What'dyabringmetoday??? isnt just pounding on buffets being closed for ibt folks as referenced in the past. It is about ALL or no upsers being able to bank vacations and like I said before, there's no protection for pt timers going into or in the process of qualifying for ft driving jobs since the ft drivers can bump back in and displace them out of punches to qualify.

I cant believe what I'm reading...and in the union forum.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Bingo!!!

FMLA will keep their benefits intact if they are the primary care giver.
Maybe someone could contact Denis and ask him the questions that are lingering and we could get some more MOUs with more details and somewhere in between get one to cover all upsers.

FMLA would keep your healthcare intact, if you are personally affected or the person responsible for the care giving.

Disability plus unemployment isnt too bad. One of our drivers is getting about $1145 a week. If it goes to LTD its 850+ 600ish (plus with a possible $600 government unemployment boost?) itll be good compensation. Teamcare is good for a year on disability.

So, back to the original issue of only full time employees being able to take advantage of the "bank". Do part time employees get LTD and if this is about protecting valued essential personnel supporting or on the front lines I guess the part timers aren't valued are they?

Sorry. @What'dyabringmetoday??? isnt just pounding on buffets being closed for ibt folks as referenced in the past. It is about ALL or no upsers being able to bank vacations and like I said before, there's no protection for pt timers going into or in the process of qualifying for ft driving jobs since the ft drivers can bump back in and displace them out of punches to qualify.

I cant believe what I'm reading...and in the union forum.
Winner

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
For literally weeks the local management did absolutely nothing for our workers. People were shoulder to shoulder on the sort isle, pcms were still being held as usual, safety rides given.

Fed up, as a last resort a steward checked on upser.com and found the company's weeks old mandates for distancing and adopted CDC guidelines for employee/employee/management interaction plus the sanitizing outline laid out for all buildings.

They printed off the info and called a meeting with management, our local officers, other shift stewards, and safety committee personnel. It took two more weeks to finally get most all of the changes put into play (it was a very stubborn fight) but with some outside help, broad spectrum negative media exposure, and threatening them with osha intervention we can report that it's much better today.

Being straight up...

this whole virus cluster is not our fault. Not mine, not the UPS Teamsters, and not the company's. But we are stuck with it right now and we all have a responsibility to obey the legal mandates laid down by the CDC. Our management wouldn't have fulfilled their own corporate responsibilities if not for our local union intervening and Teamsters standing up for their coworkers and themselves.

You can say what you want but from our perspective nothing's changed at our building. Even if people die from contracting the virus at or during work, it's still all about the bottom line, still about packages.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
FMLA will keep their benefits intact if they are the primary care giver.
Maybe someone could contact Denis and ask him the questions that are lingering and we could get some more MOUs with more details and somewhere in between get one to cover all upsers.
Primary caregiver to who?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If somebody in your family is sick.

(To whom?)
@Major English:rolleyes:
Lots of scenarios exist in modern day America that fall outside the FMLA qualifiers....leaving some without benefits and also without pay.

As I said before, I can't imagine many people enrolled, but those who did so in order to be able to extend the 10 work day COVID-19 quarantine coverage....or in preparation for an "outside the lines" circumstance.