Who is this little shill and why should I care?

oldngray

nowhere special
The Ptolemaic system was believed in firmly for over 1500 years.
By scientists that were (99% likely) much smarter than anyone on this forum.

Doesn't mean that the Sun orbits the Earth though.
Science worship becomes a religion to many of the people who would like to preach that religion is evil.
I think humanity should tread carefully...

Which is why "settled science" is not how science works.

bbsam

Staff member
I always love going to places tbat have all the old farm tools on display
I went to my uncle’s funeral last month and stopped over at the family farm. My cousin was always a very quiet guy and I’d be surprised if he and I ever spoke more than 10 sentences to each other growing up.

But we got to reminiscing about the family and he offered to show me his woodworking shop. It’s something he got into right after high school and now teaches up in door county Wisconsin. Pretty fascinating stuff really.

I guess it ended up being highly therapeutic for him too because part of why he was so quiet was because he had a bad stutter. Once he started the woodworking, the stutter just kind of disappeared.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Let me illustrate. 25 years ago my dad had knee replacement surgery. He was in bed for a couple weeks. 15 years later he had the other knee replacement.

They had him walking the next day. I wouldn’t be surprised if 5 years from now it’s an outpatient procedure.

Maybe they haven’t cured the common cold, but medicine is fascinating.
Is his knee warming uncontrollably?

newfie

FB_IMG_1570830337764.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1570830337764.jpg
    FB_IMG_1570830337764.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 77

vantexan

What everyone should be looking at are grand solar minimums like the Maunder Minimum that occured from 1645 to 1715. These are often referred to as mini ice ages. Scientists have noticed a correlation between the lack of sunspot activity during these minimums and substantial changes in climate. During the Maunder Minimum there were widespread crop failures and famine. Right now our corn and soybeans are getting clobbered due to very different weather patterns this year. It's believed by some that we're in a Grand Minimum that may last until 2100. If so with the world's ever increasing population we may soon see shortages.