Who is this little shill and why should I care?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What a shock.... her father in an unemployed actor.

"Many right-wing outlets and individuals have criticized Thunberg’s parents for her role as a climate activist, with many even accusing them of behaving as stage parents. Neither Thunberg nor her parents have addressed those comments"

Greta Thunberg’s Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

“Alongside diagnoses of autism and selective mutism, her parents slowly become aware of another source for her distress: her imperiled future on a rapidly heating planet."

Greta Thunberg's parents - who are the climate activist's family and what have they said?

Serf

What a shock.... her father in an unemployed actor.

"Many right-wing outlets and individuals have criticized Thunberg’s parents for her role as a climate activist, with many even accusing them of behaving as stage parents. Neither Thunberg nor her parents have addressed those comments"

Greta Thunberg’s Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

“Alongside diagnoses of autism and selective mutism, her parents slowly become aware of another source for her distress: her imperiled future on a rapidly heating planet."

Greta Thunberg's parents - who are the climate activist's family and what have they said?

I shouldn't be laughing, but it's just too good. Fetal alcohol swede is the battering ram of weaponized autism that is going to save the Earth.

bbsam

Staff member
Beat me to it.

Everybody agrees it's getting warmer!

The crux of the biscuit is how much of the warming is caused by mankind ... especially the Class 1 countries.
Is it hard to believe that in burning carbon based fuels that we can determine the contents of the exhaust and quantify said components? Is it difficult then to understand how those components affect the atmosphere?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Is it hard to believe that in burning carbon based fuels that we can determine the contents of the exhaust and quantify said components? Is it difficult then to understand how those components affect the atmosphere?
Yes
The Earth’s weather system is an extremely complex and interconnected model.
Any model will have to make assumptions of one criteria being variable while hundreds of other variables are held to be constant and then add to that the factor of time in units of decades.
However, we humans, in our insignificant efforts, can take steps to change weather.
Maybe drop a hydrogen bomb in a hurricane.
The biggest component of greenhouse gases is water vapor but we can possibly change that if we all leave our frigs open.

newfie

Yes
Any model will have to make assumptions of one criteria being variable while hundreds of other variables are held to be constant and then add to that the factor of time in units of decades.
However, we humans, in our insignificant efforts, can take steps to change weather.
The biggest component of greenhouse gases is water vapor but we can possibly change that if we all leave our frigs open.

considering the fact that climate alarmists in the 70's were predicting an impending ice age it appears we have diverted that crisis and can now look to cool off the present trend.

there is no cap to the power of our omnipotence

It will be fine

considering the fact that climate alarmists in the 70's were predicting an impending ice age it appears we have diverted that crisis and can now look to cool off the present trend.

there is no cap to the power of our omnipotence
Do you believe science hasn’t advanced any in the last 50 years?

bbsam

Staff member
Yes
It is a complex system. As such, a slight variation in one component in the model will have subsequent changes in the outcome. All things being equal and in the big picture that doesn’t mean much. It can, however, mean drastic changes to human life.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Do you believe science hasn’t advanced any in the last 50 years?

The Ptolemaic system was believed in firmly for over 1500 years.
By scientists that were (99% likely) much smarter than anyone on this forum.

Doesn't mean that the Sun orbits the Earth though.
Science worship becomes a religion to many of the people who would like to preach that religion is evil.
I think humanity should tread carefully...

bbsam

Staff member
At this moment EVERYTHING on me is ORIGIONAL.
Let me illustrate. 25 years ago my dad had knee replacement surgery. He was in bed for a couple weeks. 15 years later he had the other knee replacement.

They had him walking the next day. I wouldn’t be surprised if 5 years from now it’s an outpatient procedure.

Maybe they haven’t cured the common cold, but medicine is fascinating.

rod

Retired 22 years
Let me illustrate. 25 years ago my dad had knee replacement surgery. He was in bed for a couple weeks. 15 years later he had the other knee replacement.

They had him walking the next day. I wouldn’t be surprised if 5 years from now it’s an outpatient procedure.

Maybe they haven’t cured the common cold, but medicine is fascinating.
I totally agree but I also believe lots of "medicine" today is total quackery--just to keep the cash flowing.