Who Is Voting Yes or No?

Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 96 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 82 46.1%

• Total voters

RangerMan06

I believe what has been negotiated is the absolute minimum that could possibly pass and the company knows it. A NO vote gets them back to the table and if it takes a strike to get us what we deserve... so be it

PAS'd out

This ain't rocket science
No.
Language in a contract matters. When I started (still here) there was no such thing as an air driver, that was full time driver work. Now laid off full time drivers cannot do this work because it is "protected" work for air drivers under Article 40. That is an economic loss for drivers affected. NEVER vote for a contract only on what you think are economic issues. The pay raise structure is a joke. Structured differently we could get over $3500.00 more over the 5 years with the same $7.50 increase.

Thebrownblob

I believe what has been negotiated is the absolute minimum that could possibly pass and the company knows it. A NO vote gets them back to the table and if it takes a strike to get us what we deserve... so be it
Yep, so be it. Of course, there’s a lot of people that won’t have jobs to come back to for quite a while, but so be it!! I’ve got lot of seniority and a huge personal strike fund so I should be just fine. ✊

Pullman Brown

Well, just like Sean said for many months, that the ball was in UPS court now it’s in the members court and everyone will have to live with their choice. Every local has been sent strike material for August 23.

If the national is voted down, I give up, I don’t see it happening. The supplements on the other hand will be voted down. This is going to take forever!

RangerMan06

Yep, so be it. Of course, there’s a lot of people that won’t have jobs to come back to for quite a while, but so be it!! I’ve got lot of seniority and a huge personal strike fund so I should be just fine. ✊

We'll be busier than we've ever been after a strike. It will take months to cleanup the back logged system and then peak is right around the corner.

Thebrownblob

If the national is voted down, I give up, I don’t see it happening. The supplements on the other hand will be voted down. This is going to take forever!
I agree. I think the national will pass and I think it should. It’s a good agreement maybe not great but very good.

The supplements, on the other hand are very underwhelming at best, and I believe they could be voted down, but that will not put us on strike. Like you said we will just be waiting for a very long time..

Manifesto

What specifically are you unhappy about with the central? Should It get voted down, We need to be ready to explain what we disliked.
We wanted sick days as in extra days, not an option week converted to sick days. Basically only change to Ohio rider was taking away black Friday as a holiday. No thanks.

Thebrownblob

We wanted sick days as in extra days, not an option week converted to sick days. Basically only change to Ohio rider was taking away black Friday as a holiday. No thanks.
Yep that’s exactly my problem with the Central, and that sucks that your rider allowed that to happen

Manifesto

Yep that’s exactly my problem with a Central, and that sucks that your rider allowed that to happen
The other change in the rider was that warning letters would be considered deemed automatically protested by the local union. Losing 2 days pay essentially for that is not worth it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

At least the powers that be will allow voting on the Ohio Rider this time…

DELACROIX

Trust me when I say, sometimes opening your rider up is the worst thing you can do

Have you read the Ohio Rider…they still have out dated language related to L407 clerical that no longer exist. All those Union clerks affected have retired, their original jobs in that phone center were eliminated over twenty years ago.

Why even keep it in there for “Pete’s sake”…

That warning letter business doesn’t make sense, the Union gets a copy when they are issued those should already be addressed even when the individual member doesn’t challenge the warning letter. I guess you would call that an improvement so they had to put it out for vote.

Thebrownblob

Have you read the Ohio Rider…they still have out dated language related to L407 clerical that no longer exist. All those Union clerks affected have retired, their original jobs in that phone center were eliminated over twenty years ago.

Why even keep it in there for “Pete’s sake”…

That warning letter business doesn’t make sense, the Union gets a copy when they are issued those should already be addressed even when the individual member doesn’t challenge the warning letter. I guess you would call that an improvement so they had to put it out for vote.

No, I have not read the Ohio rider. And there may in fact be some old language in there that doesn’t apply anymore, but there also might be language in there that the company is just hoping to negotiate and get rid of or to water down.

DELACROIX

No, I have not read the Ohio rider. And there may in fact be some old language in there that doesn’t apply anymore, but there also might be language in there that the company is just hoping to negotiate and get rid of or to water down.

Apparently they eliminated the (holiday) day after Thanksgiving for the newbies.

It is a very short read..