Who pays for shipping?

Mr Shifter

What happens when a customer ships a Next day air package with a hand written label but doesn't add a shipper number or their credit card info?

BUCN85

I never knew that either. I have had several instances were no shipper # wasn't provided is I picked up a pkg that needed asd

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I just chuck it on the belt. Get no time for that...

no-time-for-dat_thumb.jpg

upschuck

First, they may have entered a shipper number on the consignee, or third party billing area, and not put it where it can be seen after top page torn off. If there isn't, billing searches for number, and adds a fee to the charges for that. If still nothing, they send one to return address.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
This one doctor's officer I deliver to always tries giving me NDA's with the carbon copy shipping docs ripped off, thinking they'll get sh* for free. I know their account from a previous copy though so I just write it on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Part of my new job is imaging ASD's. I am amazed at the number of ASD's that either did not have a weight or the weight was in fractions. I used to always make sure that any ASD's that I picked up were properly filled out, especially the weight, as I believe the company charges for a minimum weight if there is no weight entered or the driver making the delivery does not enter a weight when scanning the ASD. This is part of what they call closed loop billing.

barnyard

KTM rider
Whenever I go to a place that is still using ASDs, I say, "Do you have online access?? I am pretty sure that there is a surcharge for using that kind of label and it is cheaper if you print one up online, plus if you have to schedule a pickup, you do not have to call anyone."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whenever I go to a place that is still using ASDs, I say, "Do you have online access?? I am pretty sure that there is a surcharge for using that kind of label and it is cheaper if you print one up online, plus if you have to schedule a pickup, you do not have to call anyone."

I believe it is $5/ASD for processing.

worldwide

What happens when a customer ships a Next day air package with a hand written label but doesn't add a shipper number or their credit card info?

Customer is assessed a $13 Missing/Invalid Account Number or Refusal Fee

"Missing/Invalid Account Number or Refusal Fee. A processing fee will be charged for a missing or invalid account number when the account number, including the Shipper’s account number, is missing, the account number is not the correct account number for the bill to party, the account number is for a Receiver or Third Party who fails to pay the Charges, or the Package is shipped to an unauthorized Consignee. In the event of nonpayment by the Receiver or Third Party, the Shipper will be billed a refusal fee plus the Charges."

From UPS.com

S

selfcancelsignal

This one doctor's officer I deliver to always tries giving me NDA's with the carbon copy shipping docs ripped off, thinking they'll get sh* for free. I know their account from a previous copy though so I just write it on.
Gawd do I loathe waybills! Get a :censored2: computer & a UPS internet acct. or Worldship you prehistoric phux! Rarely a weight on there or an acct. number, then customers get upset when the driver enters 150 pounds as a guess. Lmao. I try to guess fairly, but it's a lot harder than one may think.

S

selfcancelsignal

Good one. I'm gonna start using that.