Who remembers

pkgdriver

I can remember as a rookie RPCD being sent to Delta freight terminal for a NDA letter that missed the plane and was line flighted in to at least make next day service. Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening now.
I drove 90 something miles(1 way)to get a line flight once. Two letters…Neighboring centers/buildings several other times.

pkgdriver

"The S stands for service. And service is what we sell." Quote from
a division manager one morning at a PCM.
6D12FC2E-CD3B-4A60-8611-B7D8722BEC37.jpeg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They fed us pizza and beer.
I remember those, one driver got drunk and started dancing on a table. A buddy of mine that was a big old country boy picked up a pitcher of beer and drank out of it like it was a mug. I think MADD complaining put an end to those.

I was working the Midnight Sort in the 70's. If a Blue Label Air package missed the airport trailer, somebody drove it to the airport to be line-flighted on an airline. Usually Delta Dash.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I remember those, one driver got drunk and started dancing on a table. A buddy of mine that was a big old country boy picked up a pitcher of beer and drank out of it like it was a mug. I think MADD complaining put an end to those.

I was working the Midnight Sort in the 70's. If a Blue Label Air package missed the airport trailer, somebody drove it to the airport to be line-flighted on an airline. Usually Delta Dash.
We had a guy that made a run to Logan every night with air that didn’t make the flight out of Providence.

rod

Retired 22 years
Who else is gonna do it? FedEx ground? Yeah, if you want your kid run over and strangled.
I have to admit FedEx Ground delivers better to me than UPS does. More than once I've had FedEx ringing my doorbell at 7:40 in the morning with a package (its always before 9:00 am). If I do get a chance to say hi my FedEx guy is always friendly and will actually carry on a SHORT conversation. With UPS I never know when they have delivered to me with their hit and run tactics. Would it kill you to ring the door bell? Usually its after dark and I find the package sitting on my deck the next morning. I understand why UPS operates like this but I honestly never recommend anyone to use UPS anymore. Years ago it was almost fighting words if someone started bad talking UPS--now days I usually join their side. :-)

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I have to admit FedEx Ground delivers better to me than UPS does. More than once I've had FedEx ringing my doorbell at 7:40 in the morning with a package (its always before 9:00 am). If I do get a chance to say hi my FedEx guy is always friendly and will actually carry on a SHORT conversation. With UPS I never know when they have delivered to me with their hit and run tactics. Would it kill you to ring the door bell? Usually its after dark and I find the package sitting on my deck the next morning. I understand why UPS operates like this but I honestly never recommend anyone to use UPS anymore. Years ago it was almost fighting words if someone started bad talking UPS--now days I usually join their side. :-)
I rarely rang the bell. Stealth, like a ninja.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

From what I can remember..."we were still on the clock"...

:drinkntypesmili1:........:hangoversmiley: