Who will win democratic nomination in 2020

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Michael Bloomberg: Medicare-for-all ‘would bankrupt us for a very long time

Former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg said Tuesday that replacing private, employer-provided health insurance was financially impossible and a Medicare-for-all system, a popular progressive policy, would not work in the US.

“I think we could never afford that,” Bloomberg said, addressing pin factory employees in Nashua, New Hampshire. “We are talking about trillions of dollars.”

Even the Soda banner agrees it won't work...:teethy:
Just saying something doesn't make it so. I'd like to hear Bloomberg's reasoning for this, being that our current per capita healthcare spending is vastly higher than that of the other western democracies, who all have some form of universal coverage that doesn't seem to be bankrupting them:

6ddf770d-ee5a-4c8a-bb49-ccad4a52e9e6.png

How does health spending in the U.S. compare to other countries?

Box Ox

I'm just now catching up on what Kamala said at last night's CNN Town Hall. She said some stuff that I think was stupid as hell and will be used against her.

And CNN has already crowned her as its candidate of choice:

"The senator from California's performance at a CNN town hall Monday night solidified her standing as a leading contender. She was fluid and engaging, striking that always-tough balance (for women, at least) of being both authoritative and warm."

It's Kamala Harris' race right now (Opinion) - CNN

God d$&Qit

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm just now catching up on what Kamala said at last night's CNN Town Hall. She said some stuff that I think was stupid as hell and will be used against her.

And CNN has already crowned her as its candidate of choice:

"The senator from California's performance at a CNN town hall Monday night solidified her standing as a leading contender. She was fluid and engaging, striking that always-tough balance (for women, at least) of being both authoritative and warm."

It's Kamala Harris' race right now (Opinion) - CNN

God d$&Qit
Imagine being Willie Brown, smd and ill make u president.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Oh, I forgot, this was part of the article too...

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, who is weighing a possible 2020 run as an independent candidate, said Tuesday that Harris’ comments supporting the end of private insurance were “not American.”

“That’s not correct. That’s not American,” he said on CBS Tuesday morning. “What’s next? What industry are we going to abolish next, the coffee industry?

LMAO
I thought his reply was funny as well ... almost as funny as Kamala.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I doubt it will happen, at least not anytime soon, but if we did eliminate private insurance and cover everyone under medicare or some other single payer plan
then the voters would actually be in control of it as any politicians
who made changes that the majority didn't like would be voted out of office.
Damn Bruh!
Why in the hell was the POS Obama elected a second term?
Oh wait, it didn't really start until after he was elected to a second term.
Why didn't Hillary win then since Trump ran hugely on eliminating Obamacare?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
The Costs of a National Single-Payer Healthcare System

M4A Would Place Unprecedented Strain on the Federal Budget

By conservative estimates, this legislation would have the following effects:

• M4A would add approximately $32.6 trillion to federal budget commitments during the first 10 years of its implementation (2022–2031).
  • This projected increase in federal healthcare commitments would equal approximately 10.7 percent of GDP in 2022. This amount would rise to nearly 12.7 percent of GDP in 2031 and continue to rise thereafter.
It cannot be known how much providers will react to these losses by reducing the availability of existing health services, the quality of such services, or both.

95% of Americans already have healthcare insurance and many like their insurance. Why reinvent the entire wheel? Medicare for all would eliminate private insurance not giving other options.

The solution to all the paperwork and waiting, that happens now in the private sector would be worse with the Government running things.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The Costs of a National Single-Payer Healthcare System

M4A Would Place Unprecedented Strain on the Federal Budget

By conservative estimates, this legislation would have the following effects:

• M4A would add approximately $32.6 trillion to federal budget commitments during the first 10 years of its implementation (2022–2031).
  • This projected increase in federal healthcare commitments would equal approximately 10.7 percent of GDP in 2022. This amount would rise to nearly 12.7 percent of GDP in 2031 and continue to rise thereafter.
It cannot be known how much providers will react to these losses by reducing the availability of existing health services, the quality of such services, or both.

95% of Americans already have healthcare insurance and many like their insurance. Why reinvent the entire wheel? Medicare for all would eliminate private insurance not giving other options.

The solution to all the paperwork and waiting, that happens now in the private sector would be worse with the Government running things.
Much like Bloomberg, this guy is really just waving his hands around while he says it will cost "trillions and trillions!" which seems to be their go to strategy to frighten the rubes.
I already posted the real world numbers showing that other wealthy democracies with varying types of universal healthcare systems all pay a lot less per capita for healthcare than we do, so why do you continue to believe these guys when they tell you otherwise? They're basically just making things up and it's not because they're stupid, it's because they have a vested interest in maintaining the current system.

El Correcto

god is dead
Much like Bloomberg, this guy is is basically just waving his hands around while he says it will cost "trillions and trillions!" which seems to be their go to strategy to frighten the rubes.
I already posted the real world numbers showing that other wealthy democracies with varying types of universal healthcare systems all pay a lot less per capita for healthcare than we do, so why do you continue to believe these guys when they tell you otherwise? They're basically just making things up and it's not because they're stupid, it's because they have a vested interest in maintaining the current system.
If you old people wouldn’t retire without enough to cover your health costs without the government we wouldn’t be having this debate at all.

Laziness, work till the day you die like my grandfather did.

El Correcto

god is dead
I swear the generation before us were the most entitled pricks ever. Piggybacking off your father’s generation to pick on the generation you raised for being entitled.

Wah, I need my social security and Medicare.

Old people are slowly devolving into babies, soon you’ll be voting for universal day cares to change your diapers.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Much like Bloomberg, this guy is is basically just waving his hands around while he says it will cost "trillions and trillions!" which seems to be their go to strategy to frighten the rubes.

You want government run healthcare 100% without any other options?

Hey listen, the healthcare issue is complicated...but going government healthcare ALL in isn't the answer by a long shot.

The person making things up is Kamala Harris, insisting, like Bernie Sanders, that the government taking over ALL of healthcare is the answer, when that's not the solution.

Harris: "Let's eliminate all private insurance and just move on."

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Much like Bloomberg, this guy is really just waving his hands around while he says it will cost "trillions and trillions!" which seems to be their go to strategy to frighten the rubes.
You sound like Hugo Chavez 20 years ago.

It will be fine

You want government run healthcare 100% without any other options?

Hey listen, the healthcare issue is complicated...but going government healthcare ALL in isn't the answer by a long shot.

The person making things up is Kamala Harris, insisting, like Bernie Sanders, that the government taking over ALL of healthcare is the answer, when that's not the solution.

Harris: "Let's eliminate all private insurance and just move on."
“I think an actuary for a for-profit insurance company should decide what my medical treatment should be.”

- no one in their right mind.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Hmm, government worker that doesn’t have a profit motive vs. corporate bean counter. Tough call.

Not really.
Funny how a self-proclaimed Independent such as yourself always post like a leftist. smh
Only thing Independent about Itzy is that no one wants to claim her silly silly ass!
And worse than @pickup, she is never chosen in a pickup game even if she is the last one left to pick.
Sucks pretty bad when someone is considered less than nothing!