Why are new hires making more money than current employees

Brownt10

So I’m a 22.3 (preload/air delivery) and my inside rate did not change with all the preloaders who now make $23hr. Anyone making less than $23hr got a raise. It’s not permanent and after peak they will do what they did last year & drop the pay. But for the next 3 months they are making more than me.

I understand I could bid a route but I do this job for the schedule. I’m expected to do the same work & be on time but don’t get a raise in pay.

I talked to my business agent & he thinks it’s screwed up too but said bc it’s not in the contract & it’s something the company wants to do they can when it comes to giving more money. Any advice on this?

PT Car Washer

So I’m a 22.3 (preload/air delivery) and my inside rate did not change with all the preloaders who now make $23hr. Anyone making less than $23hr got a raise. It’s not permanent and after peak they will do what they did last year & drop the pay. But for the next 3 months they are making more than me.

I understand I could bid a route but I do this job for the schedule. I’m expected to do the same work & be on time but don’t get a raise in pay.

I talked to my business agent & he thinks it’s screwed up too but said bc it’s not in the contract & it’s something the company wants to do they can when it comes to giving more money. Any advice on this?
Most high seniority PT make more per hour than FT employees. When we were receiving a weekly bonus some PT were the highest paid Union employees in the company. Another wage concession. But at least you have great benefits and a pension some day.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I could say the same about inside preloaders but be glad you are already "in" and have a FT job. No bidding or qualifying needed. Soon we will both be top rate and grilling halibut in the middle of the aisle.

Brownt10

Most high seniority PT make more per hour than FT employees. When we were receiving a weekly bonus some PT were the highest paid Union employees in the company. Another wage concession. But at least you have great benefits and a pension some day.
Okay but let’s put it this way. We have preloaders who are “air exception” so when they do a different job like air or ground they make that rate. If they are in the building they make their base inside rate which is what I make when I’m not doing air or ground.

I’m still doing preload work just making less. I would think my inside rate would go up along with everyone else. They increase the pay for Everyone making less than $23 not just seasonal

Mr. Marshall

Okay but let’s put it this way. We have preloaders who are “air exception” so when they do a different job like air or ground they make that rate. If they are in the building they make their base inside rate which is what I make when I’m not doing air or ground.

I’m still doing preload work just making less. I would think my inside rate would go up along with everyone else. They increase the pay for Everyone making less than $23 not just seasonal
They are not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. Once you accept a full time job they pretty much know you are unlikely to quit.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

We have a 3.5 guarantee. You get 8. Stop whining

Brownt10

They are not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. Once you accept a full time job they pretty much know you are unlikely to quit.
Then why would they increase the pay for people who have years in but are not making $23? That makes no sense. It’s not like a 8 year employee is going to quit over that if they have a family

Staydryitsraining

You have the easiest ft job on planet earth. Stfu you whiney girl

Sixth Punch Sense

Forest to the trees

PT Car Washer

Then why would they increase the pay for people who have years in but are not making $23? That makes no sense. It’s not like a 8 year employee is going to quit over that if they have a family
An 8 year Teamster is not making anywhere near $23/hr under the current contract. Just shows how much PT Union members are under paid.

hexmurph

An 8 year Teamster is not making anywhere near $23/hr under the current contract. Just shows how much PT Union members are under paid.
This , I'm at 8+ years and make 17.85. Prior to our most recent August raise I was 16.03, less than a dollar more than a brand new hire.

hexmurph

Forgot to add, our peak MRA goes into effect in 2 weeks, they're raising everyone to 19.60, but removing our $85 "attendance" bonus.

This is DFW Air

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Fake name