Why are they doing this

My bf was working full time at another job after he left ups in the winter working seasonal. By the time it was summer he had 3 different people call him to come back. He finally agreed and put his 2 weeks in at his full time job and left. When he went to ups to start they told him he's not starting until next week. He came back and shadowed someone for one day and after that they had him drive there everyday just to send him home saying they don't need him. He asked them why there doing this when they called him to come back and he left his full time job and they said he's just a filler. But that's not what they said on the phone he wouldn't have left. We live paycheck to paycheck already with his other job which is why we thought this was a better opportunity and now we couldn't pay our rent and I have a child to take of. He had to leave and get a job because he couldn't do this for another month we were gonna lose everything. On top of that after leaving they won't give him his paycheck for that one day he did work. They keep saying this guy from HR has it and he can't get a hold of him or they say he's not there. How can someone hold a paycheck from someone like this?

Future

Victory Ride
Break me off a piece of that KitKat bar...
sounds like she needs a lawyer
IMG_4942.JPG

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My bf was working full time at another job after he left ups in the winter working seasonal. By the time it was summer he had 3 different people call him to come back. He finally agreed and put his 2 weeks in at his full time job and left. When he went to ups to start they told him he's not starting until next week. He came back and shadowed someone for one day and after that they had him drive there everyday just to send him home saying they don't need him. He asked them why there doing this when they called him to come back and he left his full time job and they said he's just a filler. But that's not what they said on the phone he wouldn't have left. We live paycheck to paycheck already with his other job which is why we thought this was a better opportunity and now we couldn't pay our rent and I have a child to take of. He had to leave and get a job because he couldn't do this for another month we were gonna lose everything. On top of that after leaving they won't give him his paycheck for that one day he did work. They keep saying this guy from HR has it and he can't get a hold of him or they say he's not there. How can someone hold a paycheck from someone like this?
As a Dad, I'm telling you to get another boyfriend that has a really good job. No more kids until a ring is on the finger and a license is made good.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
HR is probably the most disorganized part of UPS

not only should they have told you upfront what to expect, but chasing a check around is ridiculous

tell him to call his former supervisor that'll probably work out better finding the check