Why are they doing this

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nice to see someone post with some compassion. This young family just starting out is living paycheck to paycheck and UPS did not do them right. Just one day pay at least will provide some food for their child. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly.
Using some protection would of been much cheaper.

Ya know since it sounds like they can't really afford a kid.

Brownslave688

Diversity must weigh bigger now, because that's all they care about.
No doubt I almost posted this earlier.

I've seen guys try to get hired for a year or more all while maybe 1 of 10 new hires sticks around because of who they are hiring.

My best friend probably should of filed a reverse discrimination lawsuit against ups. His dad finally retired from package car so he could apply for an off the street job. 10 years commercial driving experience with no accidents. Obviously more qualified than most.

center manager told his dad sorry we can't hire him. "I can't say it's because he's not black but ya know" wink wink.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

I've seen guys try to get hired for a year or more all while maybe 1 of 10 new hires sticks around because of who they are hiring.

My best friend probably should of filed a reverse discrimination lawsuit against ups. His dad finally retired from package car so he could apply for an off the street job. 10 years commercial driving experience with no accidents. Obviously more qualified than most.

center manager told his dad sorry we can't hire him. "I can't say it's because he's not black but ya know" wink wink.
Didn't wanna slum it with all the part timers first?

Brownslave688

Didn't wanna slum it with all the part timers first?
They wouldn't hire him at all at that center while his dad was still employed there.

In hindsight he should of taken the part time job an hour away that they offered him. But like most younger people he took the decent paying ft job. Was looking at the present. Not the future.

hehe xd

a filler for orientation is in case someone who has orientation doesn't make it. no one was absent, therefore he wasn't needed

jaker

trolling
People will always find a way to blame blacks , how about the way ups treats their workers and now the word is out that this place is not that great anymore

So you get guys who are losers and the end of the rope and after working here they realize they could do better somewhere else and leave

But well you know wink wink It's the blacks

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

Now was it that, or did his old man and the center manager not get along?

We may have to basically threaten HR to hire the people we want, but if you really want someone it's usually as simple as an e-mail saying hire *insert name here*

Brownslave688

Now was it that, or did his old man and the center manager not get along?

We may have to basically threaten HR to hire the people we want, but if you really want someone it's usually as simple as an e-mail saying hire *insert name here*
The center manager was pretty indifferent to his dad I think.

The center manager hated the HR guy though and finally got him shipped off to another center a few months ago.

Brownslave688

People will always find a way to blame blacks , how about the way ups treats their workers and now the word is out that this place is not that great anymore

So you get guys who are losers and the end of the rope and after working here they realize they could do better somewhere else and leave

But well you know wink wink It's the blacks
Not blaming blacks for anything. It's a :censored2:ty job but hypothetically lets say you're HR.

Over the past 5 years your retention rate for off the street African Americans is 1 out of 10 and only 10% of that 10% sticks around to drive.

But 1/3 of your referral caucasians stay with ups and 1/2 of that 1/3 want to drive.

Who would you try to hire more of?

jaker

trolling
Not blaming blacks for anything. It's a :censored2:ty job but hypothetically lets say you're HR.

Over the past 5 years your retention rate for off the street African Americans is 1 out of 10 and only 10% of that 10% sticks around to drive.

But 1/3 of your referral caucasians stay with ups and 1/2 of that 1/3 want to drive.

Who would you try to hire more of?
All I can say is how do you even know numbers you are a driver so be a driver . If you want to make up numbers then go into management

See how you as not blaming blacks , but you start throwing numbers without any knowledge at all about blacks and their work ethic At ups

Brownslave688

All I can say is how do you even know numbers you are a driver so be a driver . If you want to make up numbers then go into management

See how you as not blaming blacks , but you start throwing numbers without any knowledge at all about blacks and their work ethic At ups
What does being a driver have to do with anything?

I'm not blind I see what comes thru the center. It's not like I'm at a huge hub see everyone there almost every day. Easy to recognize a new face.

jaker

trolling
What does being a driver have to do with anything?

I'm not blind I see what comes thru the center. It's not like I'm at a huge hub see everyone there almost every day. Easy to recognize a new face.
Let me say it this way you are a worker , so be a worker and if you want to make up numbers then go into management

It's not your job or even place to put numbers on something you have no clue and to base it off your little hub makes it sound even dumber

Brownslave688

Let me say it this way you are a worker , so be a worker and if you want to make up numbers then go into management

It's not your job or even place to put numbers on something you have no clue and to base it off your little hub makes it sound even dumber
Well considering I was talking about my hub and my hr I'd say it's pretty relevant. I obviously don't know what it's like nationwide but I've been in multiple centers and have friends in even more.

There seems to be a common theme. As @FrigidFTSup said HR seems to be more worried about hitting a minority quota than hiring quality employees. That's not right in my book.

Brownslave688

Saying if 80% of interviewees is A, and 20% is B, 80% of hires need to be from group A, and 20% of hires need to be from group B.
Which is crazy.

I know this is just crazy talk but maybe just maybe one of these days we won't have groups and we can just hire and promote solely on merit.

Slow walker

I met a guy that was HR for another trucking co and he told me to my face he got his bonuses on hiring minority's. I told him I had a mixed lesbian manager and he said that would cover his bonus for the year. I don't give two :censored2:s what color you are but I'm still not coming and taking stops from you.