Why are they doing this

jaker

trolling
See the problem with this is anybody with color thinks they got hired on because of them and not their color

And when hear stuff like this it degrades you and the people around look at you like a token then a person and you wonder why things are happening in the states now

If anybody actually had proof they could sue a company for being racial

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
See the problem with this is anybody with color thinks they got hired on because of them and not their color

And when hear stuff like this it degrades you and the people around look at you like a token then a person and you wonder why things are happening in the states now

IMG_1407.GIF

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Ideally race gender ect wouldn't even be thought of during the hiring process.

But I'm not sure that's really what all parties want.

Brownslave688

See this little stab you did , please tell me who would want a job based on their color instead of them
I'm not just talking about color or jobs. I'm talking gender, college acceptance, ect.

Many systems are set up to give advantages to certain minority groups that a fact.

This is decided on a much higher level then taking into account how each individual feels about it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I'm not just talking about color or jobs. I'm talking gender, college acceptance, ect.

Many systems are set up to give advantages to certain minority groups that a fact.

This is decided on a much higher level then taking into account how each individual feels about it.
Vice News just released chilling, must-watch footage from behind the Charlottesville battle lines. Vice News just released chilling, must-watch footage from behind the Charlottesville battle lines.

Brownslave688

And when hear stuff like this it degrades you
That's ones own insecurities showing.

If someone is confident in their abilities and proud of what they've accomplished..... who gives a :censored2: what anyone else thinks about it?

jaker

trolling
That's ones own insecurities showing.

If someone is confident in their abilities and proud of what they've accomplished..... who gives a :censored2: what anyone else thinks about it?
Well tell the guys who tried to get their family member hired but you know wink wink and now that guy has a issue with someone based on color then merit

Brownslave688

Well tell the guys who tried to get their family member hired but you know wink wink and now that guy has a issue with someone based on color then merit
No one has an issue with anyone other than with HR.

Just shake your head shrug your shoulders and move on. All any of us can do really.

*Jersey*

Not blaming blacks for anything. It's a :censored2:ty job but hypothetically lets say you're HR.

Over the past 5 years your retention rate for off the street African Americans is 1 out of 10 and only 10% of that 10% sticks around to drive.

But 1/3 of your referral caucasians stay with ups and 1/2 of that 1/3 want to drive.

Who would you try to hire more of?

Depends on where yr at. Most of the people that stay at my hub are black. We have from what I've seen...about 40 percent black 60 percent white or other drivers.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I met a guy that was HR for another trucking co and he told me to my face he got his bonuses on hiring minority's. I told him I had a mixed lesbian manager and he said that would cover his bonus for the year. I don't give two :censored2:s what color you are but I'm still not coming and taking stops from you.
Made me think of this scene from Modern Family

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Which is crazy.

I know this is just crazy talk but maybe just maybe one of these days we won't have groups and we can just hire and promote solely on merit.
This. I get we aren't a very diverse company in some places. But when I was in Minnesota the HR guy almost had to go out of his way to hire minorities. That's how white the town was.

At the end of the day I don't care if you're white, black, asian, gay, straight, transgender, or a vampire, if you can do the job well I want you on my team. If you can't, you should have been weeded out by the HR hiring rep considering that is their job. I get ripped for not doing my job, you get ripped for doing your job. Why is it okay for every other department of this company not to do their job?

*Jersey*

This. I get we aren't a very diverse company in some places. But when I was in Minnesota the HR guy almost had to go out of his way to hire minorities. That's how white the town was.

At the end of the day I don't care if you're white, black, asian, gay, straight, transgender, or a vampire, if you can do the job well I want you on my team. If you can't, you should have been weeded out by the HR hiring rep considering that is their job. I get ripped for not doing my job, you get ripped for doing your job. Why is it okay for every other department of this company not to do their job?
Preach.
HR doesn't seem to do nearly enough actual HR-ing. There's no interviews at all. Just hey look at where you're gonna work and background check then you're in. Then we have 10 new hires, 9 of which will quit because they were pansies from the get go.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I suspect you'd rather have a few transgenders on your "team"

Daf

Yeah it would take about 30 seconds to close that case. "He was a seasonal, when needed employee"

"Ok thanks"
I am referring to the paycheck that has not been given to him. He needs to be paid for the work performed. Even whemn you are seasonal you have to be paid.