Why can't drivers under 4-years in opt for the 9.5 list?

rkctkc

Partly true. If you win a weekly bid route you can opt in but it's only for that route or another route you win. If you're swinging you cannot file.

What do you mean it's only for that route? Where does it state that you must get on the 9.5 list for each different route? That would mean if there are 60 routes in your center you could have 60 different 9.5 dates. I may have just read that wrong, but are you saying if you run 21c this week and go over, get on 9.5 and then run 48b next week and go over there is no violation? Have to get on 9.5 again for 48b?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Skype would work if less than 5 of you guys show up at the meeting.
There are a ton of options like that but the hall has to be willing to do their part on the other end. I have a feeling that since our local handles alot of other companies and they are in a metro area, they don't want to be bothered with some remote outpost in Wyoming.

We have parking lot meetings.

Well we could do that but the point I was making was that no matter what, we still don't see our BA whether via Skype, parking lot parties, or anything. He's like a ghost. TTKU...lol

There are a ton of options like that but the hall has to be willing to do their part on the other end. I have a feeling that since our local handles alot of other companies and they are in a metro area, they don't want to be bothered with some remote outpost in Wyoming.

Well we could do that but the point I was making was that no matter what, we still don't see our BA whether via Skype, parking lot parties, or anything. He's like a ghost. TTKU...lol
Vote him out.
D*

L

Littlearrowdown

If you have a full time bid, and started you're 4 year progression, you cannot file 9.5 until you get top rate.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Where are you people getting your information from? Must be the Canadians!
Bazooka Joe wrappers?
bazooka_joe_comic_01.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

-Do you see the or in the language above? That means only 1 of the 4 conditions listed above need to be met, to have 9.5 protection.

Your bosses are lying to you if they say you can't be on the 9.5 list because you do not have 4 years in.
I really wished they'd have added ".....or is bumped off a route by a senior employee" to #2. That language is needed in centers that bid routes daily instead of weekly.

Holydriver

Because it would cut into UPS' billions in profits if lower paid / seniority drivers didn't take work off the senior guys who get paid more per regular hour worked than under 4 year guys make at time and a half

AKCoverMan

View attachment 68179. Second paragraph, number 3. Am I missing something??
I think you are missing the word "or" right before numb three. So you either need four years in OR you need to cover a route all week.

If your center allows you to bid open routes a week at a time then you can be on 9.5 list but only be protected on weeks where you hold a route all week.

If you have a bid route your in.

L

Littlearrowdown

@ AKCoverMan, thanks for clarifying the word "or". I was reading it wrong.