Why collective bargaining?

Atomic_Smurf

If unions would stop asking for legislation that favors them over other American workers we wouldn't have to waste our dues lobbying politicians in Washington. All workers want rights and to be treated fairly and we would be much more effective speaking on a united front. Our millionaire union bosses don't want that to happen as its bad for business on their end & Democrats don't want that to happen because it would end the constant flow of union dollars into their pockets. Divisive rhetoric & policies are what keep these clowns in power.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

This thread, like others of its kind, is a waste. Those that whine about unions losing their power never have nothing logical or relevant to what is actually causing this to add to the discussion. Its always the same preprogrammed responses that's handed down to them by their liberal overlords. Usually consisting of false talking points and half truths.

Sent using BrownCafe App

purplesky

If unions would stop asking for legislation that favors them over other American workers we wouldn't have to waste our dues lobbying politicians in Washington. All workers want rights and to be treated fairly and we would be much more effective speaking on a united front. Our millionaire union bosses don't want that to happen as its bad for business on their end & Democrats don't want that to happen because it would end the constant flow of union dollars into their pockets. Divisive rhetoric & policies are what keep these clowns in power.

Sent using BrownCafe App

YOU ARE JUST GENERALIZING. BLAH BLAH!

You have to go to the old union millionaire bosses Republican talking point crap? Loser.

I will say it one more time dude(troll).

The Republican agenda tactic to divide unions and try to take them down financially is to claim that members dues are being used to fund some political issues that some members don't agree with.

Why? Because there is only 1 party that fights for workers rights and believes in free bargaining for all states.

Its not the Teamsters fault that the Republican Party has an agenda to DESTROY UNIONS WITH THEIR RIGHT TO WORK AGENDA.

In a perfect world both parties would be pro worker and pro union(YOU COULD PICK WHERE YOUR DUES GO) but unfortunately the Republicans ONLY CARE ABOUT CORPORATE AMERICA AND THEIR RIGHT WING BILLIONAIRE MONEY MACHINE. ALEC,Koch brothers,Target,Walmart,etc.

For you its politics. So you are a troll.

For me its about letting American workers decide on their own without threats and interference from politicians(Republicans) if they choose to form a union or join one by working at a company that is already union.

Union dues are necessary for a union to function. But you already know that. :wink2:

purplesky

This thread, like others of its kind, is a waste. Those that whine about unions losing their power never have nothing logical or relevant to what is actually causing this to add to the discussion. Its always the same preprogrammed responses that's handed down to them by their liberal overlords. Usually consisting of false talking points and half truths.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yes. American workers should just roll over and just accept what they get from Corporate America for their hard work.

Thats exactly the mentality and loser attitude the Republicans are hoping for.:wink2:

Thats working so well at FDX and Walmart.

You do understand its economics. Not politics. ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY!

oldngray

nowhere special

You have to go to the old union millionaire bosses Republican talking point crap? Loser.

The Republican agenda tactic to divide unions and try to take them down financially is to claim that members dues are being used to fund some political issues that some members don't agree with.

Why? Because there is only 1 party that fights for workers rights and believes in free bargaining for all states.

Its not the Teamsters fault that the Republican Party has an agenda to DESTROY UNIONS WITH THEIR RIGHT TO WORK AGENDA.

In a perfect world both parties would be pro worker and pro union(YOU COULD PICK WHERE YOUR DUES GO) but unfortunately the Republicans ONLY CARE ABOUT CORPORATE AMERICA AND THEIR RIGHT WING BILLIONAIRE MONEY MACHINE. ALEC,Koch brothers,Target,Walmart,etc.

For me its about letting American workers decide on their own without threats and interference from politicians(Republicans) if they choose to form a union or join one by working at a company that is already union.

Union dues are necessary for a union to function. But you already know that. :wink2:

You claim to be impartial (but left leaning) yet in virtually every post you throw in a comment attacking Republicans. People like you who blindly follow everything Democrat are one of chief causes of the weakening of the unions. Democrats make plenty of promises but when was the last time they ever did anything to help unions? And you state "The Republican agenda tactic to divide unions and try to take them down financially is to claim that members dues are being used to fund some political issues that some members don't agree with." Unions ARE using member dues to fund political issues the majority of its members do not agree with. Union leaderships keep blindly supporting everything Democrat without holding them accountable for their actions. And the union leaders frequently disregard the best interests of its members and the will of the majority of its members with their actions. Automatically demonizing everything Republican does nothing to help union members when despite lip service the Democrats have stabbed unions in the back after receiving their support.

purplesky

Sent using BrownCafe App

So Teamster union employees can't work hard and become millionaires?

I know several drivers with a million in their 401ks. I bet a lot of drivers will have a million when they retire. THANK GOD FOR UNION WAGES!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So Teamster union employees can't work hard and become millionaires?

I know several drivers with a million in their 401ks. I bet a lot of drivers will have a million when they retire. THANK GOD FOR UNION WAGES!

I know a lot of drivers who enjoy those same wages who will not be financially able to retire when they are eligible to and others who will have to work just to make ends meet.

Resident know-it-all.

Ron Carey lives on

Smurf is a corporate lobbyist's dream. Im glad he is in the minority. Im sure he would change his opinion if it hit him in wallet. If he is even a union member. Almost 90% sure he is a sup

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited by a moderator:

Overpaid Union Thug

Typical liberal. When things don't go your way you resort to name calling and mudslinging (not to mention the usual hot air and false, rhetorical nonsense). Oh...and you rated my post as a "Derail"!!! Oh Holy Heaven what shall I do!?!?!? LOL!

Brown Spider

Sent using BrownCafe App

Logical? Relevant? What's happening in Aiken, SC right now is relevant. What Ronald Reagan did to the Air Traffic Controllers is relevant. A lengthy history of union busting, or, as your side of the aisle likes to call it, Union Avoidance, is relevant. Not going to do your homework for you, Thug. Just look it up. You are familiar with google, aren't you? I already steered you to a 1993 book..."Confessions Of A Union Busters"...but you're apparently more comfortable living in your state of denial and dismissing factual responses as "preprogrammed".

Oops...my liberal overlord is beckoning. Gotta' go. Hope the weather is good in Utopia tonight!

Overpaid Union Thug

Logical? Relevant? What's happening in Aiken, SC right now is relevant. What Ronald Reagan did to the Air Traffic Controllers is relevant. A lengthy history of union busting, or, as your side of the aisle likes to call it, Union Avoidance, is relevant. Not going to do your homework for you, Thug. Just look it up. You are familiar with google, aren't you? I already steered you to a 1993 book..."Confessions Of A Union Busters"...but you're apparently more comfortable living in your state of denial and dismissing factual responses as "preprogrammed".

Oops...my liberal overlord is beckoning. Gotta' go. Hope the weather is good in Utopia tonight!

Yeah I'm pretty sure the PATCO strike was illegal. And you were saying something about not doing homework? LOL! As far as the rest of your banter.....irrelevant. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Oh by the way.....why hasn't anyone delved into the rather interesting history of Jimmy Carter when it comes to so called "union busting?"

Last edited:

Brown Spider

Don't you worry your right wing empty head about busting my bubble, Thug. I really don't pay much attention to anyone who thinks that a lockout is a right of employees.

Regards to all in the lovely state of Denial!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

Don't you worry your right wing empty head about busting my bubble, Thug. I really don't pay much attention to anyone who thinks that a lockout is a right of employees.

Regards to all in the lovely state of Denial!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Oh give me a break. The right is to strike for employees and lock out for employers. You could have caught on to that or would have EVENTUALLY figured it out had you not been foaming at the mouth.

Sent using BrownCafe App

purplesky

Typical liberal. When things don't go your way you resort to name calling and mudslinging (not to mention the usual hot air and false, rhetorical nonsense). Oh...and you rated my post as a "Derail"!!! Oh Holy Heaven what shall I do!?!?!? LOL!

I am a moderate like most Americans. I am not a left wing nut or a right wing nut(like you are).

I am staying on topic. YOU RIGHTWING NUTS DO NOT.

Its real simple. Republicans(Tea Party) have a union busting agenda. Thats a fact.

Teamster union dues are necessary to support the union. Most union dues go to support the locals.

• Organizing expenses;
  • Office equipment and regular administration expenses;
  • Attorneys to assist in negotiations, grievances and arbitration;
  • Training;
  • Research into companies and industries to gather information for negotiations and organizing; and
  • Accountants to analyze the company's books.
  • AND ALSO UNION DUES GO TOWARDS COSTS RELATED TO FIGHTING REPUBLICANS AND THEIR ATTACK ON LABOR AND WORKING FAMILIES IN STATES LIKE MISSOURI AND PENNSYLVANIA.
There is only one political party in America that cares about the middle-class making a living wage and that is the Democratic party. LIKE IT OR NOT.

Its all about eliminating Democratic votes and putting more money in corporate Americas pockets for the Republicans. THATS THE RIGHT TO WORK GAME.

DONT YOU THINK ITS TIME FOR AMERICAN WORKERS TO GET A RAISE?

oldngray

nowhere special
I am a moderate like most Americans. I am not a left wing nut or a right wing nut(like you are).

I am staying on topic. YOU RIGHTWING NUTS DO NOT.

Its real simple. Republicans(Tea Party) have a union busting agenda. Thats a fact.

Teamster union dues are necessary to support the union. Most union dues go to support the locals.

• Organizing expenses;
  • Office equipment and regular administration expenses;
  • Attorneys to assist in negotiations, grievances and arbitration;
  • Training;
  • Research into companies and industries to gather information for negotiations and organizing; and
  • Accountants to analyze the company's books.
  • AND ALSO UNION DUES GO TOWARDS COSTS RELATED TO FIGHTING REPUBLICANS AND THEIR ATTACK ON LABOR AND WORKING FAMILIES IN STATES LIKE MISSOURI AND PENNSYLVANIA.
There is only one political party in America that cares about the middle-class making a living wage and that is the Democratic party. LIKE IT OR NOT.

Its all about eliminating Democratic votes and putting more money in corporate Americas pockets for the Republicans. THATS THE RIGHT TO WORK GAME.

DONT YOU THINK ITS TIME FOR AMERICAN WORKERS TO GET A RAISE?

Again you claim to be a moderate then do nothing but praise the Democrats. That is a liberal, not a moderate. Sadly too many leftwing nuts don't even acknowledge that they are liberals.

purplesky

I know a lot of drivers who enjoy those same wages who will not be financially able to retire when they are eligible to and others who will have to work just to make ends meet.

Resident know-it-all.

If a UPS Teamster lives below his means and saves aggressively for retirement he or she can easily retire as a millionaire. I know several guys that are on their way to retiring with more than a million in the bank.

Working 25 to 30 years at 80k to over 100k per year gives anyone the ability to build wealth over time.

purplesky

Again you claim to be a moderate then do nothing but praise the Democrats. That is a liberal, not a moderate. Sadly too many leftwing nuts don't even acknowledge that they are liberals.

You are the perfect example of a blind Republican.

I am talking about ONE issue. THAT IS LABOR AND WORKERS RIGHTS. DEAL BREAKER FOR ME.

The Republicans are anti worker. Fact. The Democrats are Pro worker. Fact.

I am a fiscal conservative, I say send the :censored2:ing kids from central America home, I don't like big government,I don't like corporate welfare and taxpayers building Walmarts,etc

You think I am a liberal because I criticize the Republican party? The Democrats have many problems also and so does Obama?

If the Republicans actually run a candidate in 2016 that says lets give America a raise I might vote for him or her.

But supposedly Mitt Robme is going to run again. HE IS ANTIWORKER.:ashamed:

purplesky

The Republicans don't give union workers a choice anyway.

How can I vote for a political machine that is trying to take my standard of living away?

Even if I thought my union dues were some how going to fund abortions or pay for Obamas illegals from Central America or help the CIA and Obama shoot down a Malaysian airliner(rightwing conspiracy theory) or pay for a gay mans wedding cake or a liberal prostitutes birth control I HAVE TO CHOOSE FEEDING MY FAMILY FIRST.

Its not the unions purpose to deal with these issues and I get it.

oldngray

nowhere special
You are the perfect example of a blind Republican.

I am talking about ONE issue. THAT IS LABOR AND WORKERS RIGHTS. DEAL BREAKER FOR ME.

The Republicans are anti worker. Fact. The Democrats are Pro worker. Fact.

I am a fiscal conservative, I say send the :censored2:ing kids from central America home, I don't like big government,I don't like corporate welfare and taxpayers building Walmarts,etc

You think I am a liberal because I criticize the Republican party? The Democrats have many problems also and so does Obama?

If the Republicans actually run a candidate in 2016 that says lets give America a raise I might vote for him or her.

But supposedly Mitt Robme is going to run again. HE IS ANTIWORKER.:ashamed:

You are willingly blind. FACT. You will make a couple of token comments against Democrats then spout the rest all anti Republican. Despite your claims of conservative and being a moderate you always end up embracing everything Democrat despite their history of stabbing workers in the back while claiming to support them.

Brown Spider

Nice spin Thug, but your exact words were:

"A lockout is the employer's AND also the employee's right."

Yes, Thug...that's incredibly stupid and that's why I called you on it. Glad to see that you now understand that the employee cannot lock out the employer and the employer cannot strike the employee. You're making progress, Thug...but you're still a right wing self serving tool.

Hi to all of your neighbors in the state of Denial!

Sent using BrownCafe App