Why collective bargaining?

purplesky

Because not everyone thinks alike! It takes a real arrogant person to believe that everyone should accept his/her opinions as gospel.

truth is... this country is founded on democracy. So if RTW is what the majority of people in the united states want, why shouldnt it become policy? Unless of course you dont believe in democracy.

Is that why Republicans publicly threaten workers to keep out unions and billionaires buy billboards and tv and radio spots to tell the American public what they want?

Just let the American worker decide. YOU KNOW THE ACTUAL PEOPLE WHO WILL VOTE YES OR NO FOR UNION REPRESENTATION. THATS A DEMOCRACY.

Why do Republicans have to be so sneaky and secretive about the right to work movement and the people funding right to work movement if its what America wants?

Why is a Republican politician threatening auto workers to vote against the UAW? Thats not democracy.

Fool.

purplesky

What if the member had no choice other than to join the union within. 30 days of being hired?

Resident know-it-all.

I guess they would quickly realize that after a few years of service with union representation they would be making a living wage at companies UPS or Costco or Coke or att or Harley Davidson.
If this person can't do math then they could always go work for FDX ground or Walmart.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
WE PART OF A HUGE COLLECTIVE DEVOID OF ANY KIND OF INDIVIDUALIMS. BUT I'M PROUD TO BE UNION MEMBER.

Atomic_Smurf

The general public stopped spending when their 401k values crashed.

I had coworkers who freaked and moved all their money out of stocks and into cash and bonds.

And actually if the media has knowledge of a legitimate recession that is going to happen in 6 months why wouldn't they report it?

So Fox news and Rush Limbaugh didn't report and ignored a major recession on the horizon just so the Republicans would win the Presidency? I don't know?
Actually many asked questions about the substandard loans being made that lead to the financial meltdown but Barney Frank & his pals overseeing it denied there was any problems at Fannie & Freddie. Did you forget?

Sent using BrownCafe App

purplesky

WE PART OF A HUGE COLLECTIVE DEVOID OF ANY KIND OF INDIVIDUALIMS. BUT I'M PROUD TO BE UNION MEMBER.

Its not the unions business or responsibility to care about its members INDIVIDUAL political views or moral views. Its just economics. THEY ARE HERE TO HELP YOU FEED YOUR FAMILY AND KEEP A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD.

It doesn't matter if ALL MEMBERS IN A UNION AGREE ON ABORTION OR ANY OTHER CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE.

The union is not your church or political party OR YOUR MOMMY OR DADDY.BECAUSE NOT ALL MEMBERS IN A UNION WILL AGREE ON EVERYTHING AND THE REPUBLICANS ARE USING THIS TACTIC TO DIVIDE UNION MEMBERS.

So wake the :censored2: up people! I am also proud to be union.

purplesky

Actually many asked questions about the substandard loans being made that lead to the financial meltdown but Barney Frank & his pals overseeing it denied there was any problems at Fannie & Freddie. Did you forget?

Sent using BrownCafe App

I said there is blame to go around for everyone. Didn't you read.

Atomic_Smurf

I just don't see how any union member could support RTW, its a oxymoron

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your emotions have been purposefully manipulated concerning RTW. Unions are doing fine in RTW states & I think you know it, but we are losing on every other front where Democrats are getting their way. Your healthcare, Fast track legislation & a flood of illegal workers willing to do your job for less, just to name a few. Its as if you have no clue because you are too busy crying about right-to-work. You are crying about nothing while everything else is being lost.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Its not the unions business or responsibility to care about its members INDIVIDUAL political views or moral views. Its just economics. THEY ARE HERE TO HELP YOU FEED YOUR FAMILY AND KEEP A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD.

It doesn't matter if ALL MEMBERS IN A UNION AGREE ON ABORTION OR ANY OTHER CONTROVERSIAL ISSUE.

The union is not your church or political party OR YOUR MOMMY OR DADDY.BECAUSE NOT ALL MEMBERS IN A UNION WILL AGREE ON EVERYTHING AND THE REPUBLICANS ARE USING THIS TACTIC TO DIVIDE UNION MEMBERS.

So wake the :censored2: up people! I am also proud to be union.
It seems to me more and more every year the purpose of unions is no longer to look out for the best interests of its members but for raising money for Washington liberals. If our union cared about us and our families they wouldn't have pushed for the health care bill that is now undeniably against our best interests.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Is that why Republicans publicly threaten workers to keep out unions and billionaires buy billboards and tv and radio spots to tell the American public what they want?

Just let the American worker decide. YOU KNOW THE ACTUAL PEOPLE WHO WILL VOTE YES OR NO FOR UNION REPRESENTATION. THATS A DEMOCRACY.

Why do Republicans have to be so sneaky and secretive about the right to work movement and the people funding right to work movement if its what America wants?

Why is a Republican politician threatening auto workers to vote against the UAW? Thats not democracy.

Fool.
Here's a union buster for you... http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/19/t...ees-union/?utm_referrer=http://www.google.com

Sent using BrownCafe App

purplesky

Your emotions have been purposefully manipulated concerning RTW. Unions are doing fine in RTW states & I think you know it, but we are losing on every other front where Democrats are getting their way. Your healthcare, Fast track legislation & a flood of illegal workers willing to do your job for less, just to name a few. Its as if you have no clue because you are too busy crying about right-to-work. You are crying about nothing while everything else is being lost.

Sent using BrownCafe App

We are talking about right to work. Not healthcare. Not fast track legislation. not the immigration problem.

He isn't crying. He is fighting against the Republican rightwing attack on unions. DUH! Nice try.

The only purpose of the right to work movement is to just make unions weaker by taking money away and dividing members.

Romney lost against Obama in part because unions generally will vote for the party that is Pro labor.

Union voters will vote for Hillary Clinton before another Republican like Twitt Robme who proudly outsourced American jobs and is so proud about his anti-union agenda.

The right to work movement is just a disguise to kill democratic votes. BOOM!

purplesky

It seems to me more and more every year the purpose of unions is no longer to look out for the best interests of its members but for raising money for Washington liberals. If our union cared about us and our families they wouldn't have pushed for the health care bill that is now undeniably against our best interests.

Sent using BrownCafe App

No dude at this point we don't know how healthcare will workout. Your best interest might not be other members best interest? Thats the point.

Your definition of Washington liberals might be different than other union members definition of a liberal ?

I do know that Washington liberals and voters in the middle(most of America) are not anti union to the point of secretly trying to sneak through right to work legislation and trick the general public.

brown_trousers

Fool.

You are wrong... it IS the american workers who decide the fate of RTW laws. If the voters truly do not want RTW in their state, and thats a big if, they can vote it down with a referendum. But thats a big if, as i believe the majority of voters in RTW states support the law, or dont care enough to repeal it.

When the republicans vote in these RTW laws, it is nothing more than them putting it up for voter approval. It is always the voters that make the last decision, to either accept the law as it is, or repeal it with a referendum.

purplesky

You are wrong... it IS the american workers who decide the fate of RTW laws. If the voters truly do not want RTW in their state, and thats a big if, they can vote it down with a referendum. But thats a big if, as i believe the majority of voters in RTW states support the law, or dont care enough to repeal it.

When the republicans vote in these RTW laws, it is nothing more than them putting it up for voter approval. It is always the voters that make the last decision, to either accept the law as it is, or repeal it with a referendum.

Why are the Republicans even trying to push through RIGHT TO WORK in the first place?

Keep wages low? Take away workers rights? Take away votes that will help Republicans lose elections?

Let the workers decide if they want a union. NOT CORPORATE CEOS AND BILLIONAIRE RIGHT WING NUTS.

The Republicans want working Americans to make a low wage. Thats the goal of right to work.