Why did Hoffa/Hall sell us out

enzo

A raise that is less than the rate of inflation means a reduction in real wages. The teamcare plan will reduce benefits toward the end of the contract. Lets see...a company with over 4 billion in profits reduces salary and benefits!!!!!! Are you guys related to Hoffa/Hall. How can you call this a good deal. Hoffa/Hall are in big browns back pocket. We should have a recall vote on these two sellouts. I wonder how their being payed off

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
​you guys kill me here. Yeah we got sold out with Industry Leading Wages,Free Healthcare,Improved Language on 9.5 abuse and harassment. Improved language on Safety committees. Based on a 46 hour work week a senior FT driver will gross more than $25,000 during the life of this cintract compared to the 08-13 contract.yeah I feel REALLY sold out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Everybody keeps thinking that health care for current employees is just one problem. How about the guys who are retired now or will be retiring during this contract they are getting screwed if they are not 65 yet. I'm not a teamster I'm a machinist but you guys need to get that straightened out also because what you get will follow suit for us! Some of you may not care about retirees now because you only have 5-10 years in but your going to go some time don't you wanna be taken care of until your 65? This is back breaking ball busting work (drivers and mechanics) shouldn't we be taken care of after retirement? HELL YES WE SHOULD!!!!!

I agree, you should ask for a 401k plan!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
20% turnout makes every vote count a little more, if anything. 80% turnout and then no one's vote means smile*. The herd coming out to vote is great for people such as Hoffa, who win off of name. The Teamsters are somewhat democratic compared to other unions (AWPA for ex: ) but on a national scale, it's still the same crooked politicians making the same promises they can't keep year after year, fattening their own wallets with ridiculous raises all the while pension funds continue to struggle.

...for the record, I meant the SEIU and not AWPA. lol

dragracer66

A raise that is less than the rate of inflation means a reduction in real wages. The teamcare plan will reduce benefits toward the end of the contract. Lets see...a company with over 4 billion in profits reduces salary and benefits!!!!!! Are you guys related to Hoffa/Hall. How can you call this a good deal. Hoffa/Hall are in big browns back pocket. We should have a recall vote on these two sellouts. I wonder how their being payed off

AMEN!!!!!!! Well said!!!!!!

ezmoney5150

Lets see...a company with over 4 billion in profits reduces salary and benefits!!!!!!

​At what wage does this company not compete with Fed Ex in your mind? $50 an hour? I'm not sure if you know this but you're a truck driver. You're not splitting the atom.When Fed Ex ground is undercutting us on cost and their drivers make a third of what we do. You have freight mentality. Maybe you should try YRC. That's the thinking they have and now are on a 15% giveback.

804brown

Last edited:

ezmoney5150

Actually inflation has been quite low lately. 2010 was 1.5%, 2011 was 3.0%, 2012 was 1.7% and so far 2013 is 2.0%. So those raises are basically covering the inflation rate (nationally that is, locally will vary)what is it about 2.2%?? Anyway "why did hoffa/hall sell us out?" Sad thing is i bet they both think they did a great job with this contract. For what was truly needed to make this job tolerable was neglected: better language on production harassment, overtime, and use of technology for discipline. Instead they gave us the bare minimum in raises and turned many members' world upside down by radically changing their health care plans (who asked for that in any survey...oh thats right UPS asked for that!!). Im sure they both think they truly delivered for us and we are just too stupid to get it. Or that we are too greedy ("look other unions are taking it on the chin...be happy with what you get") . To which we respond: Yeah but UPS made record profits and forecast even more in the foreseeable future.
​They didnt sell us out. They did EXACTLY

Wow! Cant see the forest through the trees. 24 years ago I never would have thought I'd make $32 an hour. You want $50 I guess. That's the problem with democracy. Again. You didn't split the atom here. You drive a truck.

804brown

Actually inflation has been quite low lately. 2010 was 1.5%, 2011 was 3.0%, 2012 was 1.7% and so far 2013 is 2.0%. So those raises are basically covering the inflation rate (nationally that is, locally will vary)what is it about 2.2%?? Anyway "why did hoffa/hall sell us out?" Sad thing is i bet they both think they did a great job with this contract. For what was truly needed to make this job tolerable was neglected: better language on production harassment, overtime, and use of technology for discipline. Instead they gave us the bare minimum in raises and turned many members' world upside down by radically changing their health care plans (who asked for that in any survey...oh thats right UPS asked for that!!). Im sure they both think they truly delivered for us and we are just too stupid to get it. Or that we are too greedy ("look other unions are taking it on the chin...be happy with what you get") . To which we respond: Yeah but UPS made record profits and forecast even more in the foreseeable future.
​So, no they didnt sell us out. They did EXACTLY what was expected of them. It was what happens when the membership gets complacent and accepts mediocrity. Until enough of US change that reality, that is all we will get!!

brown bomber

brown bomber
any idea about how retirees are going to benefit, from the new and improved contract........it's like it should matter to the current employees, however we laid the framework for your current perks.....Central State retirees, have a fraction of the benefits of some of our "brothers"........I put in the same number of years, why can't I expect a similar result ??

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Wow! Cant see the forest through the trees. 24 years ago I never would have thought I'd make $32 an hour. You want $50 I guess. That's the problem with democracy. Again. You didn't split the atom here. You drive a truck.

Maybe but sometimes they have to boldly split infinitives.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
$32/hr isn't that great. It's the other companies (FedEx) which are lagging behind, making $32 look okay. That's what is "the problem with democracy"

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have a math degree and some of the boys/girls I went to school with attained serious degrees such as atmospheric science (meteorology). And I can assure you they, 90% of meteorologists, do not make more than 100k/ year in their careers. The relatively few that do, they're either doing on-air stuff broadcasting or ag/climate forecasters vested with trading firms. Perhaps 2-5% of meteorologists with a masters or higher make $250k + and many are starving!