Why do drivers have this elitist attitude?

Superteeth2478

Preloading before PAL was not a bad job and I was paid $.50/hr less then top rate drivers after 90 days. PT wages were not frozen. Only the starting wage.
I know, that's what I meant. Starting wages had been frozen for 25 years when I started. Now people complain about starting at nearly double my starting rate. Times change...

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I've convoyed with @Covemastah . With all the coffee he drinks, there is no room for food. Had no idea there were 27 coffee places where TTs could park between here and Bangor!
Trying. My best to get to Feedah ideal weight of 250lb. One donut and coffee at time
image.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I agree that they did put in their time, but loading trucks before PALs is NOT as hard as old-timers make it out to be. They had a TON less volume before there were PALs. Not to mention they were making a part-time rate that was actually HIGHER than minimum wage in, I'm guessing, every state at the time (meaning pre-1982, when part-time wage rates froze at $8.50 for the next 30 years).
Ah , no ,. Volume was less , but they had less routes , I was a full time pre loader , I had to split and scan all the packages on the belt and load three cars , most guys had four cars , I had less because I had to scan everyone's pkgs, they jammed it down our throat for 8 hrs a nite , so I don't buy your BS , we didn't have it easy friend !

I agree that they did put in their time, but loading trucks before PALs is NOT as hard as old-timers make it out to be. They had a TON less volume before there were PALs. Not to mention they were making a part-time rate that was actually HIGHER than minimum wage in, I'm guessing, every state at the time (meaning pre-1982, when part-time wage rates froze at $8.50 for the next 30 years).
You for about the extra dollar per hour for having skilled sorts

Superteeth2478

Ah , no ,. Volume was less , but they had less routes , I was a full time pre loader , I had to split and scan all the packages on the belt and load three cars , most guys had four cars , I had less because I had to scan everyone's pkgs, they jammed it down our throat for 8 hrs a nite , so I don't buy your BS , we didn't have it easy friend !
Wait, what did you have to scan for?

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
If your doctor hasn't recommended that you be wearing compression socks and your chin don't rest on your gut when you are low riding leaned back, you aren't committed to driving truck.

What'dyabringmetoday???

So you were there to see the TON less volume? Just curious.

over9five

Staff member
Always hated that. One year the Dr. screwed up and gave me a two year, you'd have thought I won the lottery.

I know the feeling , I got that bonus once as well
Me too. Freakin UPS wanted me to go back and get it reduced to 1.
I wouldnt do it because I had just moved and had no reason to go out that way again. Unless they paid me.....
"Uhhhh, ok, just keep it this time..."

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I was on 1 year, and they gave me a 2 year, but they caught it a few weeks later. Told me if I didn't come back and exchange it, they would pull my card completely.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Because they have nothing else good in their lives.

They spend 13 hours a day in a truck, giving stuff they don't care about to people they don't like.

Or delivering trailers on routes they got out-bid for, on a schedule they hate, and then go back to an empty house at 9am.

Or they get home to a wife who wishes they were still at work, and a kid who has never had his dad at a game. And the kid doesn't really want him there anyway.

Then they snap at preloaders over nothing.

It's the circle of life.
Damn that sucks , I’m a RPCD and I love my job

Maybe don’t have 10 kids?
Maybe don’t over spend?
Maybe quit acting like a bitch?

UPS is a high-school level education job ...just imagine a real job like a surgeon.
🧔✊