Why Does This Affect Me So Much?

AB831

I’ve learned that contacting dispatch when you have a problem isn’t enough. You’d better also inform your manager in case some on the fly choice needs to be made. Such as, should I get this last stop and be
back really late, or skip it and get back so all my freight can get out on time? If you do that, you won’t be the one in the hot seat.
At my station, dispatch was a bunch of losers who thought they were managers

AB831

Who accepted no responsibility for their decisions.
Yup. If you didn’t follow their orders, they’d call a manager. If you did and it ended up being the wrong thing, they’d call the manager to throw you under the bus. The only role they served was being an adversary for the couriers.

whenIgetthere

I’ve learned that contacting dispatch when you have a problem isn’t enough. You’d better also inform your manager in case some on the fly choice needs to be made. Such as, should I get this last stop and be
back really late, or skip it and get back so all my freight can get out on time? If you do that, you won’t be the one in the hot seat.
My manager is gone by 1400, and incommunicado once he's gone.

MassWineGuy

Mine starts at about 13:00, so she’s around. She also has my back in case dispatch tells me to do something stupid. We do have a couple of extremely competent dispatchers. But it’s a minority.

Serf

In 2021 I want to be scheduled for 40 hrs. After 1/2 HR break get paid for 37.5 hrs and go the hell home. No more living in my truck.

What'dyabringmetoday???

yea i noticed at my job alot of managers are incompetent too. im not sure why this happens, maybe because the ppl who work with them most (the workers) have no say in whos the manager.

the price in these goods doesnt account for the real cost, its externalized. its all bs

i think the top 10% of hte pop owns 90% of all stocks. 50% of americans dont own any stock and the ones they do are going to be marginal. its largely a rich mans game
Most managers at McDonald's are incompetent.

AB831

Because he's no big wig. Lol.
Oh, I know he isn’t. He’s the “what about me, what about me” kid from elementary school who had to show everyone he’s the best at everything. Most people grow out of that level of insecurity at adolescence, but he’s carried it a few decades longer.