Why Does This Affect Me So Much?

MassWineGuy

Let’s face it. Modern day Capitalism definitely hurts a ton of people. Yes, my 401k does well. But at the expense of many. When you buy a really cheap item made in China or lots of other places, there’s a steep cost to those who made it just so little Timmy could have a cheap beach ball.

Re: Dispatchers:

How in the Hades do some of them get the job and, after demonstrating such incompetence, how do they keep it?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Let’s face it. Modern day Capitalism definitely hurts a ton of people. Yes, my 401k does well. But at the expense of many. When you buy a really cheap item made in China or lots of other places, there’s a steep cost to those who made it just so little Timmy could have a cheap beach ball.

How in the Hades do some of them get the job and, after demonstrating such incompetence, how do they keep it?
It’s easy for them to keep the job, but it’s an interview position. I wonder what criteria they use?

rickyb

yea i noticed at my job alot of managers are incompetent too. im not sure why this happens, maybe because the ppl who work with them most (the workers) have no say in whos the manager.

the price in these goods doesnt account for the real cost, its externalized. its all bs

i think the top 10% of hte pop owns 90% of all stocks. 50% of americans dont own any stock and the ones they do are going to be marginal. its largely a rich mans game

Last edited:

rickyb

I taught my children very young that asking questions about things they don’t understand is a great way to learn. I also taught them not to waste my time by asking questions of which they already knew the answer.
maybe your union status changed.

we can work together and discuss the thing which affects your life 50 hours a week.

rickyb

I taught my children very young that asking questions about things they don’t understand is a great way to learn. I also taught them not to waste my time by asking questions of which they already knew the answer.
we can work together and sing KOOM BYE YAHHH MY LORRRD KOOOM BYE YAHHH

dezguy

Dispatcher isn't an easy job. The dispatcher for the sta I work at is covering multiple stations.

rickyb

Same can be said for many couriers, at least at my station.
the whole ppl suck at their job argument is sortve dumb. firstly ppl should respect each other at work which alot of ppl dont even do. then the employees should meet a bare minimum requirements of production.

MassWineGuy

I’ve learned that contacting dispatch when you have a problem isn’t enough. You’d better also inform your manager in case some on the fly choice needs to be made. Such as, should I get this last stop and be
back really late, or skip it and get back so all my freight can get out on time? If you do that, you won’t be the one in the hot seat.