Why Does UPS Think That Harassment Works ???

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You would think that a company that makes BILLIONS of dollars in profits every year would be smarter about the way they treat their employees.

HARASSMENT DOES NOT WORK IN THE LONG RUN !!!

when I am harassed, I slow down and do everything by the book. when I am praised and patted on the back, I go out of my way to work harder.

it's really that simple.

hasn't anyone of the higher ups ever read a Norman Vincent Peale book? A Clement Stone book? a John Templeton book? a Og Mandino book? a bible?

have they ever learned about the "Golden Rule?"

can you imagine what the profits would be if UPS actually treated us right?

the profits would triple.

Indecisi0n

The sad part is you are the minority at UPS. Most people are sheep and try to avoid confrontation anyway possible. What they don't realize is they are just feeding the fire by doing this.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Anger and fear are very powerful motivators. In abusive relationships the energy that these create is capitalized on. We are tools that generate income, nothing more. There is a much more effective way to do things and they know it, but it involves good ethics and mutual respect rather than micromanagement and dehumanization.

These are MY opinions. Others are available.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Learning to play management's games will serve employees better in the long run than wishing things will change. Vets should help newer employees understand the rules of the game.

Management isn't going to change tactics...the Alabama shooting is a prime example of that. It hit the news...then was quietly swept under the rug...to be forgotten by many until something like that happens again. Keep moving...nothing to see here, folks.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The problem is, turnover would lower dramatically if employee satisfaction was important. UPS is stuck in the part-time, low wage structure and new, young and fresh blood coming in. That trumps anything. Both corporations, Teamsters and UPS feed off of this.

Overpaid Union Thug

You would think that a company that makes BILLIONS of dollars in profits every year would be smarter about the way they treat their employees.

when I am harassed, I slow down and do everything by the book. when I am praised and patted on the back, I go out of my way to work harder.

it's really that simple.

hasn't anyone of the higher ups ever read a Norman Vincent Peale book? A Clement Stone book? a John Templeton book? a Og Mandino book? a bible?

UPS would actually be a better place if everyone followed the methods EVERYDAY instead of just when they are pissed off.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In my experience the folks who retaliated against the company by "following the methods" whenever they were pissed off didn't really follow the methods, they just laid down.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I think many in package car are afraid of the three day OJS. I say that because that used to be me. After seeing that I can do the job (my way) and run even worst numbers while being OJS'd, I stop worrying about it.

Overpaid Union Thug

In my experience the folks who retaliated against the company by "following the methods" whenever they were pissed off didn't really follow the methods, they just laid down.
Laying down is the mark of an immature ass with spoiled brat syndrome. In the end they hurt the fellow employees that have to pick up their slack more than the actual people they are retaliating against.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Omega man

You draw more bears with honey than with vinegar.

Many in management are not capable and effective managers of the business so they resort to the easiest and only tool they have.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

it's really that simple.

Because their retarded and mentally manipulated. I guess they think since their mentally weak and can be manipulated and hypnotized that everybody else can be too. GUESS WHAT IDIOTS THEY CANT BE lol. I aint working harder for anybody under any circumstances. Same pace all day every day cause I don't give a BUCK. The jobs a marathon, only thing I care about is myself and finishing the race. They can kiss my buttttttttt lol.

Ron Carey lives on

Harassment works on the weak minded. Sad but true. Its a game, learn how to play. A smile and laugh will piss a sup off way quicker than blowing your top. There is more than one way to skin a cat

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
And in a bonus center getting paid the same. Working long doesn't always equate to working hard.
Exactly like a supe asking you to go help somebody out after 6pm. 50 bux an hour ot, guess whos moving slow as molasses after they finish their route. Can you say milky milky working easy not hard at 50 bones an hour lol. Ditto helping somebody else aint hard, easyazz money really.